Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Bibiano Fernandes says he negotiated with UFC, but never signed to fight at UFC 149

Print  
Posted By Message

sparky

AV BET Record: 40-9

sparky Avatar

Career:2,771-1,522
Camp: Team Fry Guy
Chips:
The UFC bolstered its bantamweight division recently with the signing of Bibiano Fernandes (11-3 MMA, 0-0 UFC).

There was just one one problem, though. According to Fernandes, he never signed with the promotion.

Fernandes, according to UFC.com, was expected to face Roland Delorme next month at UFC 149 in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. But the promotion recently removed Fernandes from that bout on the site – though as of late Tuesday morning, a fighter profile page for him still exists there.

"I would like to make perfectly clear the news concerning my involvement with the UFC," Fernandes said in a statement on his Facebook page. "It was announced that I, Bibiano Fernandes have been contracted to fight for the organization at UFC 149 which will take place in the city of Calgary on the 21st of July. I would like to make it clear that I am not a UFC athlete as I did not sign any contract with the UFC organization."

Link

Post #1   6/12/12 3:14:32PM   

Twenty20Dollars

Heavyweight Champ

Career:1,572-1,001
Chips:
whoops, guess there is already another thread on this.

Last edited 6/12/12 3:48PM server time by twenty20dollars
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #2   6/12/12 3:46:30PM