Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

JDS vs. Diaz Brothers - Boxing Technique

Print  
Who has the better boxing
Junior dos Santos 14 52%
Diaz Brothers 13 48%
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:
clearly James Toney has the best boxing technique

I picked Diaz bros as they have picked apart some great strikers in their divisions. JDS really only faced one great striker, and Cro Cop was a shell of his PRIDE/K1 days.

I wish we got to see how JDS would fare vs Overeem. That could sway my pov

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #16   6/12/12 11:24:02PM   

Kpro

I STAB WATERBEDS!

Kpro Avatar

Career:2,387-1,222
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
I was going to try and take the easy way out and say it depends on the stylistic match they faced in a boxing match but then I saw you're just talking boxing in MMA. But I guess I'm still taking an easy way out. Diaz offensively, JDS defensively. I love the body shots the Diaz brothers and JDS throw. My favorite two boxers ever were Roy Jones Jr. and Prince Nasim Hamed which if you watched boxing in the 90's, you can probably tell from that that I'm not a fan of fighters who use technique that boxing purists would label technically sound. I like fighters that have enough confidence in their skills to put their chin out, hands by their knees, and then knock you out. I don't care much for shell fighters who have the best technique but fight to win scorecards.

Post #17   6/13/12 1:18:42AM   

MeetFrancisco

Learning to Sprawl

Career:-
Chips:
I don't see much great technique in the Diaz brothers striking, I mean it's good... But Condit proved that Nate has nothing when his opponent isn't backed to the cage covering up.

Post #18   6/20/12 9:34:35AM   

tmas

Belt Contender

tmas Avatar

Career:1,071-844
Chips:
ask most pro boxers and they will say JDS.

he has the best techinque i have seen of any MMA fighter, BJ was the 2nd best. The Diaz brothers i think do a better job of implementing there boxing very well and very effectivily but they dont have the best boxing, the way they stand and throw punches isnt the best techincally speaking.

Post #19   6/20/12 1:28:58PM   

MeetFrancisco

Learning to Sprawl

Career:-
Chips:
JDS' boxing skill is untouchable at HW. While I think Nate might have the best boxing at 155, GSP would outsrike Nick six ways to Sunday at 170.

Post #20   6/20/12 1:45:19PM   

Boo_Radley21

Heavyweight Champ

Boo_Radley21 Avatar

Career:605-425
Chips:
It's tough cause they're such different styles. I love how Nate and Nick whip punches in ridiculous volume, but Dos Santos so so accurate and powerful and I think he has the better overall technique

Post #21   6/21/12 10:09:43AM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2