Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Prometheus

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

airkerma

KE Released in MAtter

airkerma Avatar

Career:1,013-583
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
@chris is it *actually* not a prequel or is it not reminiscent of former alien movies? Scyfy has been playing those nonstop since last weekend...and i totally didnt watch them every time.
i want to see this movie, but despite kstew, huntsman looked pretty cool

Post #16   6/8/12 5:51:27AM   

Poor_Franklin

Slight Reach Advantage

Poor_Franklin Avatar

Career:1,433-817
Chips:

Posted by ChrisSabal

don't go in thinking its a prequel to Alien you will be disappointed if you think this.

thank you very much. i knew i wanted to see it either way, but i didnt want that thought lingering in the back of my mind the whole movie.

question: is this one of those scifi movies that NEEDS to be seen in theaters? in other words, if i wait to see it on dvd, will it still be good?

UFC 151: Never Forget

Post #17   6/8/12 5:53:19AM   

Poor_Franklin

Slight Reach Advantage

Poor_Franklin Avatar

Career:1,433-817
Chips:
damn double post

Last edited 6/8/12 5:54AM server time by Poor_Franklin
Edit note/reason: n/a

UFC 151: Never Forget

Post #18   6/8/12 5:53:54AM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Career:1,849-1,024
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
The 3D was pretty good. You'll miss alot visually if you wait it out.

I thought the plotline and characters developed pretty well, and the layers to the dialogue can tweak your mind a little if you catch them. Worst part though, the climax is non-existant. But the build-up is done beautifully.

Post #19   6/8/12 6:24:55AM   

ChrisSabal

Go Cubs Go!

ChrisSabal Avatar

Career:745-533
Camp: TKO
Chips:

Posted by airkerma

@chris is it *actually* not a prequel or is it not reminiscent of former alien movies? Scyfy has been playing those nonstop since last weekend...and i totally didnt watch them every time.
i want to see this movie, but despite kstew, huntsman looked pretty cool

if you watch Alien and Prometheus it doesn't really tie together. There are things I was waiting for that they show in Alien that never happened in Prometheus. All it really is, is that it is in the same universe as Alien.

Post #20   6/8/12 11:31:51AM   

TeamDEY

Belt Contender

TeamDEY Avatar

Career:152-124
Chips:
Honestly this movie sort of disappointed me. I was really expecting a lot more out of it. It was ok but I just thought it was going to be better... to hyped up I guess. The best part in my opinion was the special effects.

Post #21   6/8/12 5:08:56PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,352-1,258
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Saw it midnight show. Waited on line for two hours to see imax show. It was awesome!!! Loved it.

Imax 3d is the way to go.

It did have a lot of plot holes. Fassabender was good in it as the robot David.

Post #22   6/10/12 11:38:11PM   

kopower

Heavyweight Champ

kopower Avatar

Career:2,232-1,201
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by TeamDEY

Honestly this movie sort of disappointed me. I was really expecting a lot more out of it. It was ok but I just thought it was going to be better... to hyped up I guess. The best part in my opinion was the special effects.

Just got back from seeing it in 3D. This is how I felt. I'd give it a 6/10. Seems like they tried to jam a whole bunch of different things into it. The special effects are through the roof though. I'd definitely recommend it in 3D.

I thought the plotline and characters developed pretty well, and the layers to the dialogue can tweak your mind a little if you catch them. Worst part though, the climax is non-existant. But the build-up is done beautifully.

See, I didn't think the characters were developed well. I really didn't care if they died, until the very end with one of the main female characters. I agree about the climax. Wasn't the best, but the build up was excellent. I still have a few questions, which is probably a good thing.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

Post #23   6/12/12 5:13:15PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2