Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

What happened to the playground?

Print  
  Page 5 of 9   <<   2     3     4     5     6     7     8   >>
Posted By Message

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:2,476-1,422
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
You ruined it DTM!

Post #61   6/7/12 8:37:37PM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:1,939-1,156
Chips:

Posted by DoTheMMAth

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by DoTheMMAth

Not 100% certain on this one yet (still have lots of things to decide) but we might wind up getting rid of the premium account option as the new site will have far less ads. In the event we go this route, we will have other ways on the site to earn various perks and unique privileges, and we will refund premium memberships. This isn't set in stone, and I have much finalize with the boss-man still and go over with Sam - but just a heads up of what may be coming.

That actually works well for me if it does go that route cuz my Premium expires July 23rd but ya'll know I'm still gonna pay whatever to get those "perks" you're talking about

Without giving away too much of what's on the drawing board (especially if we're unable to pull it off), the perks would be earnable via game play and not necesarily cost you anything.

...oh, well then Nevermind then

Post #62   6/7/12 8:50:33PM   

kopower

Heavyweight Champ

kopower Avatar

Career:2,215-1,196
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by DoTheMMAth

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by DoTheMMAth

Not 100% certain on this one yet (still have lots of things to decide) but we might wind up getting rid of the premium account option as the new site will have far less ads. In the event we go this route, we will have other ways on the site to earn various perks and unique privileges, and we will refund premium memberships. This isn't set in stone, and I have much finalize with the boss-man still and go over with Sam - but just a heads up of what may be coming.

That actually works well for me if it does go that route cuz my Premium expires July 23rd but ya'll know I'm still gonna pay whatever to get those "perks" you're talking about

Without giving away too much of what's on the drawing board (especially if we're unable to pull it off), the perks would be earnable via game play and not necesarily cost you anything.

...oh, well then Nevermind then

Dude, I'm on this site multiple times a day. I will gladly give you $20 a year, regardless if I get anything back.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

Post #63   6/7/12 8:54:15PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:
with what he said...though I do like having a bigger av than those common folk

Last edited 6/7/12 9:16PM server time by bubbles
Edit note/reason: n/a

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #64   6/7/12 9:15:32PM   

infestructure

NOW KITH

infestructure Avatar

Career:722-438
Chips:

Posted by Bubbles

Compensating for something perhaps?

Post #65   6/7/12 9:53:14PM   

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Career:2,668-1,480
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by infestructure

Posted by Bubbles

Compensating for something perhaps?

Short username?

Post #66   6/7/12 10:07:54PM   

Poor_Franklin

Slight Reach Advantage

Poor_Franklin Avatar

Career:1,404-801
Chips:

Posted by kopower

Dude, I'm on this site multiple times a day. I will gladly give you $20 a year, regardless if I get anything back.

agreed

UFC 151: Never Forget

Post #67   6/8/12 6:10:59AM   

Shawn91111

Shawn91111 Avatar

Career:2,583-1,357
Chips:
Im sure I will go premium again, I let it go when DcRage became Mod, I couldnt support a site that allowed that.

I go on multiple sites daily, doesnt mean Im going to give them money, but I would do it for the playground before any of them.

Post #68   6/8/12 8:42:56AM   

jjeans

Emma Watson Picture Incoming

jjeans Avatar

Career:1,115-670
Chips:

Posted by Poor_Franklin

Posted by kopower

agreed

Same

The site keeps me happy when I'm away from my gf

Thiago Silva nuthugger.

Admin of MMA Memes of Facebook. A Roundtable Analyst on The MMA Podcast. Journalist for MMA Mental.

Dirty Blue #DoItForWatson

Post #69   6/8/12 9:15:05AM   

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Career:1,205-781
Camp: The Original Gangsters
Chips:

Posted by Shawn91111

Im sure I will go premium again, I let it go when DcRage became Mod, I couldnt support a site that allowed that.

I go on multiple sites daily, doesnt mean Im going to give them money, but I would do it for the playground before any of them.

I too was once a premium member. Back when it first came out

Still have my shirt with the throwback logo

Post #70   6/8/12 9:15:46AM   

kopower

Heavyweight Champ

kopower Avatar

Career:2,215-1,196
Chips:

Posted by george112

Posted by Shawn91111

I too was once a premium member. Back when it first came out

Still have my shirt with the throwback logo

OG prop. Gotta spread the love first. Same. I still rock the shirt from time to time.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

Post #71   6/8/12 10:38:20AM   

airkerma

KE Released in MAtter

airkerma Avatar

Career:999-575
Chips:
There is a distinct difference between this site and others, and i think the modding has much to do with it. I used to enjoy junkie, mania, and be, but the forums more often than not would go something like: i think uncle creepy wins tonight. Response: you fucking idiot wtf is wrong with you, you fairy fucker...etc etc. People just seem much more level headed here most of the time and there is a pretty obvious lack of keyboard warriors every step of the way. Love this site. Maybe one day we can all be certain if chael_sonnen is in fact chael sonnen.

Post #72   6/8/12 11:38:14AM   

mrsmiley

Heavyweight Champ

mrsmiley Avatar

Career:1,446-842
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:

Posted by airkerma

There is a distinct difference between this site and others, and i think the modding has much to do with it. I used to enjoy junkie, mania, and be, but the forums more often than not would go something like: i think uncle creepy wins tonight. Response: you fucking idiot wtf is wrong with you, you fairy fucker...etc etc. People just seem much more level headed here most of the time and there is a pretty obvious lack of keyboard warriors every step of the way. Love this site. Maybe one day we can all be certain if chael_sonnen is in fact chael sonnen.

Trust me that is the Real Chael. He sent me a PM with printable pizza coupons and the asked how my mortgage was going.... We should be honored to have the best Olympus has to offer on the PG.

(He in no way paid me to say this,though he may or may not have propped me to do so)

Last edited 6/8/12 12:01PM server time by mrsmiley
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #73   6/8/12 12:01:15PM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Career:1,830-1,011
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by airkerma

Maybe one day we can all be certain if chael_sonnen is in fact chael sonnen.

Don't ruin Christmas again.

Post #74   6/8/12 12:02:09PM   

Svartorm

Hammer of the Gods

Svartorm Avatar

Career:2,077-1,253
Chips:
There's actually been 2 mass camp bans, for the record.

It's tough to find a balance between a fun atmosphere and a lawless and unreadable forum. Just as much as some mods were a bit over-the-top, some posters were unreasonably rude and ridiculous.

Also keep in mind that what you see on the forums wasn't always the entire situation, and oftentimes these folks that were banned weren't banned for the comment on the forum, but the threats and insults that came afterwards via PM, duplicate accounts, etc.

Overall, being a mod was a thankless task and I certainly don't miss it, even if it did some good at the time.

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts
Cage Rage 23 - 6th in Pts
Secondary League Season 3 - 12th in Pts
Secondary League Season 7 - 16th in Wagers
Primary League Season 7 - 26th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 6 - 30th in Pts
Secondary League Season 1 - 31st in Pts
Primary League Season 6 - 39th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 7 - 41st in Pts

Post #75   6/8/12 12:57:22PM   

Page 5 of 9   <<   2     3     4     5     6     7     8   >>