Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

What happened to the playground?

Print  
  Page 3 of 9     1     2     3     4     5     6   >>
Posted By Message

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar
Record: 1,704-922
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by KungFuMaster
Budge, if you're reading this, (notice how I hid this emotional segment in a response to another member and only those who truly appreciate me will read it) you are the sole reason I stuck around long enough to discover the hidden gems in playground. You were there from the start of my playground account. There were times I thought you and I were the only ones posting. The best thing to happen to me as a playgrounder was to run into you. By associating with you and befriending you, I have also befriended your friends and the rest of ECP. I know you probably think you didn't do much but you certainly did enough for me to keep me around long enough.

You're the one who has to live with this Budge. The blood is on your hands.

Post #31   6/7/12 1:10:43AM   

infestructure

MMA Sensei

infestructure Avatar

Record: 637-375
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

That's me, for anyone who was wondering. lol.

I was wondering. Was it really you? What was it about?

Post #32   6/7/12 1:20:36AM   

KungFuMaster

Heavyweight Champ

KungFuMaster Avatar

Record: 417-332
Camp: The Lone Ranger(s)
Chips:

Posted by Aether

Posted by KungFuMaster

And to the few people whom I have gone to wars with - I never forget but I'm always ready to pretend it never happened with the exception of one individual whose name is not worthy of being spoken.

As much as you want to be THAT GUY, it's not you. Everyone knows who he is.

Post #33   6/7/12 1:36:07AM   

KungFuMaster

Heavyweight Champ

KungFuMaster Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Pookie

Posted by KungFuMaster
Budge, if you're reading this, (notice how I hid this emotional segment in a response to another member and only those who truly appreciate me will read it) you are the sole reason I stuck around long enough to discover the hidden gems in playground. You were there from the start of my playground account. There were times I thought you and I were the only ones posting. The best thing to happen to me as a playgrounder was to run into you. By associating with you and befriending you, I have also befriended your friends and the rest of ECP. I know you probably think you didn't do much but you certainly did enough for me to keep me around long enough.

You're the one who has to live with this Budge. The blood is on your hands.

Thanks to Budge, the entire playground community has to suffer.

Post #34   6/7/12 1:40:35AM   

Aether

Heavyweight Champ

Aether Avatar

Record: 946-505
Chips:
oh, damn. I felt accomplished there, for a minute.

Post #35   6/7/12 1:42:58AM   

KungFuMaster

Heavyweight Champ

KungFuMaster Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Aether

oh, damn. I felt accomplished there, for a minute.

You and I - we may have our differences but at least we can still engage in discussions and that is the important thing.

If I couldn't stand you, I wouldn't respond to your posts and I'm sure you feel the same way.

Post #36   6/7/12 1:47:45AM   

Ordep

Go Braves!

Ordep Avatar
Record: 982-595
Camp: Beat Down System
Chips:
This topic is starting to feel like an AA meeting.

Post #37   6/7/12 2:23:56AM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar
Record: 1,704-922
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Hi, my name is Jordan, and i could have sworn that she was awake.

Post #38   6/7/12 2:36:32AM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Record: 1,777-1,062
Chips:

Posted by Pookie

Hi, my name is Jordan, and i could have sworn that she was awake.

you just went there

#2 UFC 112 Points #9 FFC3/AFC/NEFFN/VCS/Pancrase Combo Wagers #12 TUF 8 FINALE Points #12 Bellator 91 / Legacy FC / CCCW Combo Points #12 M-1/FA8/CFA/GC/IGF Wagers #14 UFC 143 Diaz vs Condit Points " Dream As If You'll Live Forever, Live As If You'll Die Today"- James Dean

Post #39   6/7/12 2:48:20AM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Record: 1,777-1,062
Chips:

Posted by KungFuMaster

Posted by infestructure

Very true. I was approached by one mod in particular who warned me about my attitude toward kingsmasher, and he was nothing but respectful about it. I love the mods here.

Ok thanks for the heads up, I hoped this topic wouldn't get quashed, its good to know history - good or bad.
When I first started here I got home from watching the fights and I was drunk, and angry at Cheick Kongo. I said some shit I shouldn't have and was politely told by a mod not to do it again. Fair call.
Must suck to have built up a nice rep and get perma-banned though. Happened to me at MMAJunkie. A mod there gave me an instant perma-ban for saying a gif of John Dodson celebrating after a win should have a banana shopped into his hand, saying it was racist. He looks like a monkey!
How is that racist?
Here is much better. Cheers for making me feel welcome guys

You will do well here. I have been reading your posts and you seem like a good guy to me.

I too was at Junkie. I posted there for a month. They never really embraced what I had to offer. They were even quite rude to me. I packed up and came here - only because I was referred by someone ( I forgot his name ).

I have said it already but this is worth saying it again. I love the Playground. Most of the members here are respectful. When I joined, the welcoming was good. The vibe felt great.

I just want to say Thank You, Budge.

And to the few people whom I have gone to wars with - I never forget but I'm always ready to pretend it never happened with the exception of one individual whose name is not worthy of being spoken.

And to all my playground friends, you have made this place enjoyable and heart warming for me and I don't think I could ever leave this site and it is all because of the camaraderie I feel from you guys.

I want to give recognition to a few posters who helped me to stay.
In no particular order
Budge
Prophecy
Pmoney
Kpro
Pookie
Fastknockout
Poor_Franklin
Jjeans
Rabi
Adrenaline

You guys opened your arms to me when I first started here and you guys are the reasons I stayed. You cheered me on when no one else did. You prop-ed me when others laughed. You guys are a great bunch of dudes.

FIXED

#2 UFC 112 Points #9 FFC3/AFC/NEFFN/VCS/Pancrase Combo Wagers #12 TUF 8 FINALE Points #12 Bellator 91 / Legacy FC / CCCW Combo Points #12 M-1/FA8/CFA/GC/IGF Wagers #14 UFC 143 Diaz vs Condit Points " Dream As If You'll Live Forever, Live As If You'll Die Today"- James Dean

Post #40   6/7/12 2:50:53AM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Record: 1,120-670
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by KungFuMaster

Posted by Aether

Posted by KungFuMaster

As much as you want to be THAT GUY, it's not you. Everyone knows who he is.

a further hint, I am in his camp

btw KFM, I am half expecting you to sext Budge now, while the rest is to be a full time stalker. This is the early warning sign...although I think you would make an interesting character on to catch a predator

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #41   6/7/12 7:36:38AM   

sparky

AV BET Record: 36-7

sparky Avatar

Record: 2,532-1,375
Camp: Team Fry Guy
Chips:

Posted by KungFuMaster

Posted by infestructure

Very true. I was approached by one mod in particular who warned me about my attitude toward kingsmasher, and he was nothing but respectful about it. I love the mods here.

Ok thanks for the heads up, I hoped this topic wouldn't get quashed, its good to know history - good or bad.
When I first started here I got home from watching the fights and I was drunk, and angry at Cheick Kongo. I said some shit I shouldn't have and was politely told by a mod not to do it again. Fair call.
Must suck to have built up a nice rep and get perma-banned though. Happened to me at MMAJunkie. A mod there gave me an instant perma-ban for saying a gif of John Dodson celebrating after a win should have a banana shopped into his hand, saying it was racist. He looks like a monkey!
How is that racist?
Here is much better. Cheers for making me feel welcome guys

You will do well here. I have been reading your posts and you seem like a good guy to me.

I too was at Junkie. I posted there for a month. They never really embraced what I had to offer. They were even quite rude to me. I packed up and came here - only because I was referred by someone ( I forgot his name ).

I have said it already but this is worth saying it again. I love the Playground. Most of the members here are respectful. When I joined, the welcoming was good. The vibe felt great.

I just want to say Thank You, Budge.

And to all my playground friends, you have made this place enjoyable and heart warming for me and I don't think I could ever leave this site and it is all because of the camaraderie I feel from you guys.

I want to give recognition to a few posters who helped me to stay.
In no particular order
Budge
Prophechy
Pmoney
Kpro
Pookie
Fastknockout
Poor_Franklin
Jjeans
Rabi
Adrenaline

You guys opened your arms to me when I first started here and you guys are the reasons I stayed. You cheered me on when no one else did. You prop-ed me when others laughed. You guys are a great bunch of dudes.

I completely agree KuFuMaster The members you have listed are all the member that I enjoy also. They made posting seem worth it when i see there name and av I want to read what they have posted I cant say the same for many other PG posters no disrespect but they have always been friendly and enjoyable to interact with and I am looking forward to many more events with my camp away from my camp......... Id prop everyone in KuFuMasters list if it didnt tell me to spread the love

Last edited 6/7/12 8:10AM server time by sparky
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #42   6/7/12 8:09:04AM   

Chael_Sonnen

Follow.The.Buzzards

Chael_Sonnen Avatar

Record: 1,277-785
Chips:
Fellas, this is a MMA form.....not a Broadway Musical, enough of the melodrama, it's starting to feel like TUF Brazil in here.

With that being said, I want to thank ME for sticking around, I want to thank ME for my awesome reflection in the mirror, and I want to thank ME when I read the word (P)erfection anywhere and everywhere I go......thank ME!

In closing, I would like to thank the following posters......

1) Chael_Sonnen

Post #43   6/7/12 9:51:57AM   

gartface

Heavyweight Champ

gartface Avatar

Record: 1,399-895
Camp: Hand Grenade Hillbillies
Chips:
I don't know what I'm allowed to say, but I do miss the old days of 8k+ members picking and a shit load more posting in the forums. I love the quality of the forums now, but I miss the immediacy with which people would reply back in the day.

Let's hope that in the coming months we'll start building that back up

Post #44   6/7/12 10:13:54AM   

Poor_Franklin

Slight Reach Advantage

Poor_Franklin Avatar

Record: 1,239-678
Chips:

just wanted to get this in this thread real quick while we're all talking about how much we love the site.

GO PREMIUM GUYS!!!

Post #45   6/7/12 1:19:51PM   

Page 3 of 9     1     2     3     4     5     6   >>