Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

What happened to the playground?

Print  
  Page 2 of 9     1     2     3     4     5   >>
Posted By Message

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:2,146-1,245
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by sparky

Posted by FastKnockout

Posted by Budgellism

As far as mods go, this site has never been better. I can't express that enough.

EDIT - Although I guess I can't really say that since I didn't run into any before I started posting...

Point is we have good mods right now that know what they're doing and give everyone a fair chance. Thats important in a time like this, when the Playground is preparing for big changes.

Very true. I was approached by one mod in particular who warned me about my attitude toward kingsmasher, and he was nothing but respectful about it. I love the mods here.

What ever happened to Kingsmasher I found his posts to be quite hilarious?

You mean teh kingsmasher?

Post #16   6/6/12 9:19:17PM   

TeamDEY

Belt Contender

TeamDEY Avatar

Career:152-124
Chips:
I think there is something wrong honestly. I love this site I always have loved this site, but there used to be a lot more people I feel. I'll be honest I have got on this site since like 2008. When I first joined, I got my friends to join because of the fantasy. Then we started posting all of the time. I then made 2 accounts not knowing you could only have one, to do better for fantasy. As the playground found out that I had two accounts, I was banned immediately and so was my friend who was also on the site. I really feel (IMO) that some of the bans are a little much. I understand that this site is professional but look what has happened. No one hardly even plays the fantasy anymore (like before), and posting is becoming a problem. I feel like in most cases you should be able to put what ever you feel. I do however think the mods on this site punish the users a little to harsh. I mean I have been with this site for years (since my high school days) even though it says i just joined over a year ago, and this is an amazing site but I feel it should be growing. Only having 2000 members play fantasy for the last event was ridiculous, there should be much more. NO DISRESPECT WHAT SO EVER, but again in my opinion I feel that sometimes the mods can be to aggressive when it comes to giving warnings, punishments, and bans. Again I am not bad mouthing this site, I check it at least 5 times a day, I am only giving my opinion. I think this site could be much more popular, unless it is trying to be more exclusive. Either way I love this site and will continue to be on it and post everyday!

Post #17   6/6/12 9:44:36PM   

TeamDEY

Belt Contender

TeamDEY Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

What happened to the PG?

Chael_Sonnen happened, that's what!

Can you ever be serious.

Post #18   6/6/12 9:46:05PM   

TeamDEY

Belt Contender

TeamDEY Avatar

Chips:

Posted by TeamDEY

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

What happened to the PG?

Chael_Sonnen happened, that's what!

Can you ever be serious?... Remember Chael Tap Out or Die trying

Post #19   6/6/12 9:48:37PM   

BuffaloDave

Heavyweight Champ

BuffaloDave Avatar

Career:947-534
Chips:

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by sparky

Posted by FastKnockout

Posted by Budgellism

As far as mods go, this site has never been better. I can't express that enough.

EDIT - Although I guess I can't really say that since I didn't run into any before I started posting...

Point is we have good mods right now that know what they're doing and give everyone a fair chance. Thats important in a time like this, when the Playground is preparing for big changes.

Very true. I was approached by one mod in particular who warned me about my attitude toward kingsmasher, and he was nothing but respectful about it. I love the mods here.

What ever happened to Kingsmasher I found his posts to be quite hilarious?

You mean teh kingsmasher?

Beat me to it with the teh, that dude would write a pretty much good grammar post, put always have his teh's in it. Kinda like Prozac and his "Ufc".

Just don't say KS' name anymore, 3 times and he'll appear!!!!!!

Post #20   6/6/12 9:53:45PM   

kopower

Heavyweight Champ

kopower Avatar

Career:2,361-1,266
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
I feel this site is much better than it was before. Yeah, the mass bannings definitely hurt the site, but some of them needed to happen. It's a more laid back atmosphere now. However, I do miss some of the old posters, and rivalries between fight camps

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

Post #21   6/6/12 10:14:45PM   

hotrodttt

Ridin the MMA WW since 02 !

hotrodttt Avatar

Career:2,702-1,448
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
It's a free mma site, what more could you ask for. Cool people, good vibes, and a chance to win some good prizes. Anybody who leaves mmapg has something wrong with them

Post #22   6/6/12 10:23:49PM   

crushedbacon

In Full Mount

crushedbacon Avatar

Career:868-562
Camp: West Coast Canada
Chips:
Ya its a different site, compared to a few years back, for sure. But with that said, the moderators do a tremendous job weeding out the Trolls and accounts that bring down the quality of the posts. That's what's great about The PG, witty, intelligent posts. I miss the early years when the topics discussed had a wider range, and ya like KO mentioned the rivalries. DCRage did think he was running North Korea there for a few months, power move after power move... These threads below are erased from history now...but I remember those couple days.... The Ban Hammer was a droppin...

11/5/08 Post #12 on topic: "The gestapo strike again"

11/5/08 Post #17 on topic: "America's 44th President- Barack Obama"

11/4/08 Post #24 on topic: "Uh Oh."

Post #23   6/6/12 10:34:01PM   

Gogoplatapus

MMA Sensei

Gogoplatapus Avatar

Career:894-595
Chips:
DC Rage is why I'm Gogoplatapus.

Post #24   6/6/12 10:54:26PM   

crushedbacon

In Full Mount

crushedbacon Avatar

Career:868-562
Chips:

Posted by Gogoplatapus

DC Rage is why I'm Gogoplatapus. [/QUOTE

Well what were you doing jumping to conclusions so quickly? I remember the negotiations didn't go so well...

To: crushedbacon
Subject: Re: Score News

Tell him he still can login to his account and negotiate his way out of the ban. I am willing to drop it if he's willing to listen and understand that he jumped to conclusions too fast. Had he just PM'd me (and I didn't have a chance to PM him) and done so in a polite manner without making a flame thread he would've gotten off with nothing. It's his choice.
11/18/08 6:47 PM

Last edited 6/6/12 11:18PM server time by crushedbacon
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #25   6/6/12 11:16:35PM   

infestructure

NOW KITH

infestructure Avatar

Career:734-445
Chips:

Ok thanks for the heads up, I hoped this topic wouldn't get quashed, its good to know history - good or bad.
When I first started here I got home from watching the fights and I was drunk, and angry at Cheick Kongo. I said some shit I shouldn't have and was politely told by a mod not to do it again. Fair call.
Must suck to have built up a nice rep and get perma-banned though. Happened to me at MMAJunkie. A mod there gave me an instant perma-ban for saying a gif of John Dodson celebrating after a win should have a banana shopped into his hand, saying it was racist. He looks like a monkey!
How is that racist?
Here is much better. Cheers for making me feel welcome guys

Last edited 6/6/12 11:20PM server time by infestructure
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #26   6/6/12 11:19:13PM   

scoozna

Annoying since 2007

scoozna Avatar

Career:2,400-1,329
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
DCRage hit me with a ban for 6 months - i think i started a thread about Gina Carano pretty much for the sole purpose of drooling over her picture. The ban made me stop posting for a while and let my Premium membership drop.

But he went away and I came back and am enjoying the site a lot more with the newer more relaxed atmosphere. I too don't want it to get like Sherdog, but it's always a good idea to get more members.

Spread the word in the social-media spheres - there's a bunch of fantasy sites springing up, but MMAPG is better, no doubt about it.

Post #27   6/6/12 11:53:11PM   

Chael_Sonnen

Follow.The.Buzzards

Chael_Sonnen Avatar

Career:1,277-785
Chips:

Posted by kopower

I feel this site is much better than it was before. Yeah, the mass bannings definitely hurt the site, but some of them needed to happen. It's a more laid back atmosphere now. However, I do miss some of the old posters, and rivalries between fight camps

I'll start up a rivalry.....your fight camp ABSOLUTELY SUCKS!

Post #28   6/7/12 12:09:39AM   

KungFuMaster

Heavyweight Champ

KungFuMaster Avatar

Career:423-342
Camp: The Lone Ranger(s)
Chips:

Posted by infestructure

Ok thanks for the heads up, I hoped this topic wouldn't get quashed, its good to know history - good or bad.
When I first started here I got home from watching the fights and I was drunk, and angry at Cheick Kongo. I said some shit I shouldn't have and was politely told by a mod not to do it again. Fair call.
Must suck to have built up a nice rep and get perma-banned though. Happened to me at MMAJunkie. A mod there gave me an instant perma-ban for saying a gif of John Dodson celebrating after a win should have a banana shopped into his hand, saying it was racist. He looks like a monkey!
How is that racist?

You will do well here. I have been reading your posts and you seem like a good guy to me.

I too was at Junkie. I posted there for a month. They never really embraced what I had to offer. They were even quite rude to me. I packed up and came here - only because I was referred by someone ( I forgot his name ).

I have said it already but this is worth saying it again. I love the Playground. Most of the members here are respectful. When I joined, the welcoming was good. The vibe felt great.

Budge, if you're reading this, (notice how I hid this emotional segment in a response to another member and only those who truly appreciate me will read it) you are the sole reason I stuck around long enough to discover the hidden gems in playground. You were there from the start of my playground account. There were times I thought you and I were the only ones posting. The best thing to happen to me as a playgrounder was to run into you. By associating with you and befriending you, I have also befriended your friends and the rest of ECP. I know you probably think you didn't do much but you certainly did enough for me to keep me around long enough.

I just want to say Thank You, Budge.

And to the few people whom I have gone to wars with - I never forget but I'm always ready to pretend it never happened with the exception of one individual whose name is not worthy of being spoken.

And to all my playground friends, you have made this place enjoyable and heart warming for me and I don't think I could ever leave this site and it is all because of the camaraderie I feel from you guys.

I want to give recognition to a few posters who helped me to stay.
In no particular order
Budge
Prophechy
Pmoney
Kpro
Pookie
Fastknockout
Poor_Franklin
Jjeans
Rabi
Adrenaline

You guys opened your arms to me when I first started here and you guys are the reasons I stayed. You cheered me on when no one else did. You prop-ed me when others laughed. You guys are a great bunch of dudes.

Post #29   6/7/12 12:39:43AM   

Aether

Heavyweight Champ

Aether Avatar

Career:946-505
Chips:

Posted by KungFuMaster

Posted by infestructure

How is that racist?

And to the few people whom I have gone to wars with - I never forget but I'm always ready to pretend it never happened with the exception of one individual whose name is not worthy of being spoken.

That's me, for anyone who was wondering. lol.

Post #30   6/7/12 1:04:11AM   

Page 2 of 9     1     2     3     4     5   >>