Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

What happened to the playground?

Print  
  Page 1 of 9     1     2     3     4   >>
Posted By Message

infestructure

NOW KITH

infestructure Avatar

Career:730-442
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
So what happened here?

It looks like there were far more members.
when I look back, a lot of people have been banned
http://www.mmaplayground.com/forums/topic27561-1.html
Is this normal? Did MMA get less popular? or Was there a vengeful mod?

Post #1   6/6/12 6:04:16PM   

Poor_Franklin

Slight Reach Advantage

Poor_Franklin Avatar

Career:1,424-810
Chips:
i've heard a little, but too new to know for sure.

I'd love for someone to give us a detailed account of the Playground's history

UFC 151: Never Forget

Post #2   6/6/12 6:06:54PM   

Budgellism

Raptors Fan

Budgellism Avatar

Career:2,716-1,550
Chips:
What was that guy that went crazy with the ban hammer? He's like a never ending joke on here. I forget his name though. Ive only been on the forums for a year and a bit so I don't know a lot about what happened with all that.

Post #3   6/6/12 6:09:35PM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:1,960-1,164
Chips:

Posted by infestructure

So what happened here?

one word....DCRage

Post #4   6/6/12 6:11:57PM   

BlueSkiesBurn

USCFootball.com

BlueSkiesBurn Avatar

Career:534-389
Chips:

Posted by Budgellism

What was that guy that went crazy with the ban hammer? He's like a never ending joke on here. I forget his name though. Ive only been on the forums for a year and a bit so I don't know a lot about what happened with all that.

DCRage was the ban happy mod. This is a rough topic because you have to be careful not to question a Mods judgement.

For the most part, anybody who has been banned on the Playground was done for good reason. There just got to be a period where the Playground was faced with doing a mass ban on a camp or seeing their forum board go the way of Sherdog.

I doubt you'll find a mod on here who won't tell you that some undeserving people probably got banned. Unfortunately, the problem was so bad that it warranted a total ban.

Some of those members have been allowed back and some haven't.

Post #5   6/6/12 6:16:06PM   

Budgellism

Raptors Fan

Budgellism Avatar

Chips:

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by infestructure

So what happened here?

one word....DCRage

yup, thats it

Post #6   6/6/12 6:24:26PM   

Budgellism

Raptors Fan

Budgellism Avatar

Chips:
As far as mods go, this site has never been better. I can't express that enough.

EDIT - Although I guess I can't really say that since I didn't run into any before I started posting...

Point is we have good mods right now that know what they're doing and give everyone a fair chance. Thats important in a time like this, when the Playground is preparing for big changes.

Last edited 6/6/12 6:33PM server time by budgellism
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #7   6/6/12 6:25:43PM   

Adrenaline

MMA Sensei

Adrenaline Avatar

Career:-
Chips:
Long story short:

A few years ago there was some turmoil on the PG between some members and a select number of mods, both sides were certainly guilty and the blame can't really be put on anyone in particular. There were bad posters who needed a ban to keep the PG an enjoyable place to be and then there were some quality posters who felt like they were getting punished for petty reasons. Some members (many involving a certain camp) retaliated and it was just a big stinking mess. Alot of people were banned and some just quit posting. Eventually cooler heads prevailed and things turned around. The admin has always been good, things just had to get hashed out. It's great now, a good balance of structure with a more laid back approach.

Post #8   6/6/12 6:33:48PM   

FastKnockout

THE RUTHLESS ONE

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,665-930
Chips:

Posted by Budgellism

As far as mods go, this site has never been better. I can't express that enough.

EDIT - Although I guess I can't really say that since I didn't run into any before I started posting...

Point is we have good mods right now that know what they're doing and give everyone a fair chance. Thats important in a time like this, when the Playground is preparing for big changes.

Very true. I was approached by one mod in particular who warned me about my attitude toward kingsmasher, and he was nothing but respectful about it. I love the mods here.

Post #9   6/6/12 7:07:36PM   

BossHog

MMA Regular

BossHog Avatar

Career:52-41
Chips:
I don't want to say too much, but I was on this site for a while before having to leave for certain reasons. Sucked, but I will say now that I'm back it seems to be less active but everyone is cool so its all good.

Post #10   6/6/12 7:09:58PM   

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Career:1,214-788
Camp: The Original Gangsters
Chips:

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Posted by Budgellism

DCRage was the ban happy mod. This is a rough topic because you have to be careful not to question a Mods judgement.

For the most part, anybody who has been banned on the Playground was done for good reason. There just got to be a period where the Playground was faced with doing a mass ban on a camp or seeing their forum board go the way of Sherdog.

I doubt you'll find a mod on here who won't tell you that some undeserving people probably got banned. Unfortunately, the problem was so bad that it warranted a total ban.

Some of those members have been allowed back and some haven't.

I was banned for a month . Totally didn't deserve it. After that I lost a lot of loyalty to this site. Stopped posting and really didn't care about picks and what not. That lasted for about 2 years.

I've since forgiven and am happily proud to be a Playground OG

Post #11   6/6/12 7:14:44PM   

pmoney

P$ Pimpin'

pmoney Avatar

Career:1,439-874
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
I had some issues when I first started posting. My boundary pushing wasn't received all that well within the community, and with good cause. DCRage was still posting, but he wasn't a mod anymore so I didn't PM him about site issues ;-) Anyhow, I was never banned or suspended, although I think it got pretty close. I was probably on strike two, figuratively speaking.

Anyhow, all the mods have been great, imo. In fact, I think I was propped by a moderator before they deleted one of my offensive posts

Thanks for the long leash guys

Post #12   6/6/12 8:15:35PM   

Chael_Sonnen

Follow.The.Buzzards

Chael_Sonnen Avatar

Career:1,277-785
Chips:
What happened to the PG?

Chael_Sonnen happened, that's what!

Post #13   6/6/12 8:33:34PM   

Wallass

MMA Sensei

Wallass Avatar

Career:2,171-1,277
Camp: Canada's Finest
Chips:

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

What happened to the PG?

Chael_Sonnen happened, that's what!

Chael's right and easily my favorite person on the playground for stuff like this. Sorry bro can't prop you or I would.

Post #14   6/6/12 9:06:44PM   

sparky

AV BET Record: 39-9

sparky Avatar

Career:2,690-1,482
Camp: Team Fry Guy
Chips:

Posted by FastKnockout

Posted by Budgellism

Very true. I was approached by one mod in particular who warned me about my attitude toward kingsmasher, and he was nothing but respectful about it. I love the mods here.

What ever happened to Kingsmasher I found his posts to be quite hilarious?

Post #15   6/6/12 9:08:11PM   

Page 1 of 9     1     2     3     4   >>