Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Penn vs. MacDonald! It's on!

Print  
  Page 2 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

State_Champ

MMA Sensei

State_Champ Avatar

Career:1,418-848
Camp: The Evil Empire
Chips:
I'm leaning towards BJ...

I'm sure BJ will win the 1st round, but round 2 and 3 worry me.

BJ will have the better boxing, and the TDD to at least make Rory work to put him on his back.

Post #16   6/6/12 11:03:34AM   

DancingDoll

In Full Cowgirl

DancingDoll Avatar

Career:700-343
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
When BJ was at the top of his game, he was a dangerous fighter. I have no idea what level he's going to come back at after his blip of a retirement.

It's going to offer some challenges in the first round, but Rory is a big WW and we saw him take Nate to task when he tried to play with the WW guys last year. BJ may be strong for his size, but he's definitely more of a LW kind of guy.

After BJ burns out his initial aggressive onslaught in Round 1, I see some major ragdolling and GNP in store for him as Rory gets another impressive win to add to the resume.

Post #17   6/6/12 11:15:34AM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:1,939-1,156
Chips:

Posted by DancingDoll

When BJ was at the top of his game, he was a dangerous fighter. I have no idea what level he's going to come back at after his blip of a retirement.

It's going to offer some challenges in the first round, but Rory is a big WW and we saw him take Nate to task when he tried to play with the WW guys last year. BJ may be strong for his size, but he's definitely more of a LW kind of guy.

After BJ burns out his initial aggressive onslaught in Round 1, I see some major ragdolling and GNP in store for him as Rory gets another impressive win to add to the resume.

Post #18   6/6/12 1:02:49PM   

FlashyG

MMA Sensei

FlashyG Avatar

Career:2,156-1,214
Chips:

Posted by Aether

BJ is going to get crushed IMO, and Rory will probably get a title shot after this.

Which he would decline as he has said he won't fight GSP.

Besides he has Hendricks and Condit ahead of him in line for a shot. He'll have to take another fight before getting any title consideration

Post #19   6/6/12 2:30:20PM   

scoozna

Liver shot!

scoozna Avatar

Career:2,202-1,233
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
I'm shocked, shocked that Penn is coming out of retirement.

I wonder if it will be a 5 rounder...hmmmm.

Post #20   6/6/12 2:52:53PM   

ghandikush

MMA Sensei

ghandikush Avatar

Career:118-71
Chips:

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by DancingDoll

Stylistically it seems like a diaz penn rematch. I see lanky bitchslapping coming penns way.

Post #21   6/6/12 3:48:56PM   

crushedbacon

In Full Mount

crushedbacon Avatar

Career:868-562
Camp: West Coast Canada
Chips:
I think this is just a nightmare of a match up for BJ, this one and about 13 other guys in the Top 15 @ WW. About 1:30 into Round 1, Strikeforce and the Gilbert Melendez fight is gonna be looking like a great idea. But with that said, what a BJ move taking this fight, respect.

Post #22   6/6/12 8:41:33PM   

Aether

Heavyweight Champ

Aether Avatar

Career:946-505
Chips:

Posted by FlashyG

Posted by Aether

BJ is going to get crushed IMO, and Rory will probably get a title shot after this.

Besides he has Hendricks and Condit ahead of him in line for a shot. He'll have to take another fight before getting any title consideration

You know that Condit is holding the interim belt, right? Is he going to get a title shot against himself? GSP is not a consideration right now, as far as the rest of the division is concerned, Condit is the champ, for now.

Post #23   6/7/12 1:24:03AM   

bigrand826

MMA Regular

bigrand826 Avatar

Career:804-488
Chips:

Posted by Aether

Posted by FlashyG

Posted by Aether

You know that Condit is holding the interim belt, right? Is he going to get a title shot against himself? GSP is not a consideration right now, as far as the rest of the division is concerned, Condit is the champ, for now.

Yes, but Condit it also waiting for GSP to return. I think Condit should be fighting, but he's missed out on his title shot due to circumstances outside his control so I can understand why he's choosing to sit and wait. I just think that if he's got the interim belt he should be defending it not keeping it on the shelf along with the real belt and creating some ambiguity as to where the rest of the division stands.

Post #24   6/7/12 9:19:00AM   

sonicsmokesweed

MMA Regular

sonicsmokesweed Avatar

Career:1,012-659
Chips:
BJ by Submission

Post #25   6/10/12 4:56:07PM   

FlashyG

MMA Sensei

FlashyG Avatar

Career:2,156-1,214
Chips:

Posted by Aether

Posted by FlashyG

Posted by Aether

Condescend much? of course I know Condit is the Interim Champ, which is an essentially meaningless belt since he had no intention of defending it once he won it. Even if Rory does beat BJ and GSP has a setback, Rory wouldn't fight Condit for an interim title either, since he wouldn't fight the real title holder should he win it.

Post #26   6/11/12 12:26:29AM   

Aether

Heavyweight Champ

Aether Avatar

Career:946-505
Chips:
It wasn't intended to be condescending, you talk about the situation as if the interim belt doesn't exist, it was a legitimate question.

MacDonald wanted Condit, settles for Penn

Last edited 6/12/12 6:45PM server time by Aether
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #27   6/12/12 6:41:13PM   

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Career:1,205-781
Camp: The Original Gangsters
Chips:
So with all that being said.

What happens if BJ wins?

Title shot??

Post #28   6/12/12 6:47:19PM   

BigDaddy13

Learning to Sprawl

BigDaddy13 Avatar

Career:33-35
Camp: Big Daddy's House Of Pain
Chips:
I see this being good for Rory win or lose.
Win - He beats a legend and proves himself.
Lose - He gains experience and finds out if he
is ready or not at really young age.

BigDaddy

Post #29   6/13/12 1:50:31PM   

ChrisSabal

Go Cubs Go!

ChrisSabal Avatar

Career:731-525
Camp: TKO
Chips:
I believe Rory takes this fight. Penn just hasn't been the same and Rory will have the help of GSP to how to approach the fight.

Post #30   6/14/12 12:28:41AM   

Page 2 of 3     1     2     3