Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

New UFC game will be made by EA Sports

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

BlueSkiesBurn

USCFootball.com

BlueSkiesBurn Avatar

Career:534-389
Chips:
I can see why some people like this and some people hate this.

Personally, I think everyone complaining about THQ recycling the same crap hasn't played an EA Sports game lately. EA has run the same routine since I can remember; They make one huge change (QB Vision, Truck Stick, etc...) and the rest is recycled crap.

Let's look at the NCAA series since I can speak on this one with authority. Their new feature this year is absolutely absurd, if not stupid as hell. You can now play as certain Heisman legends, but put them on any school you want.

Wow, how fucking dumb is this? Part of what makes some of these players who they are is where they went to school. Michael Irvin and Ray Lewis wouldn't have been fucking gangsters at Iowa State; They became thugs BECAUSE they went to the U. That's what makes them great.

Okay, forget the theoretical portion; how on earth is this even a cool feature? It's essentially the same thing as trading away a marquee player on Madden to your favorite team. It's stupid. It doesn't mean anything.

They also like to mess with the Legend mode (where you create your own character and get an offer from a school). They started adding high school games, but you could only run the play the coach called in the championship game. Once again, pointless. Then they opened it up and had you play the playoff in high school, so now you had to play an entire playoff before you got offers. It was absurd.

EA always loads up on the DLC and every bit of it is overpriced bullshit. If you don't want to pay $4.99 per course, just to play some of the normal courses in Tiger Woods, then you have to spend $80 to buy the "special edition."

EA Sports has mastered the art of ripping people off and yet we still pay every time, but THQ sucked, right?

Post #16   6/6/12 12:21:04AM   

Gogoplatapus

MMA Sensei

Gogoplatapus Avatar

Career:894-595
Camp: West Coast Canada
Chips:
My 2 cents: I played the new UFC game and loved it. I also loved EA MMA and liked the first UFC. I've recently went back and played both UFC 2009 and EA MMA and honestly, Undisputed kills them both. I like what EA does though, especially with hockey.

Post #17   6/6/12 12:24:19AM   

RhythmAndStyle

MMA Sensei

RhythmAndStyle Avatar

Career:2,496-1,495
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
imho, i loved the EA MMA..it was so much more natural then THQ, but they did do a good job on UFC3 thou, improved it alot..but it wont matter, EA is much better and got it off the their first try also..with all the extra help, EA is gona make this series a sh*t load better..

Post #18   6/6/12 12:37:53AM   

FlashyG

Heavyweight Champ

FlashyG Avatar

Career:2,427-1,358
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

I can see why some people like this and some people hate this.

Personally, I think everyone complaining about THQ recycling the same crap hasn't played an EA Sports game lately. EA has run the same routine since I can remember; They make one huge change (QB Vision, Truck Stick, etc...) and the rest is recycled crap.

Let's look at the NCAA series since I can speak on this one with authority. Their new feature this year is absolutely absurd, if not stupid as hell. You can now play as certain Heisman legends, but put them on any school you want.

Wow, how fucking dumb is this? Part of what makes some of these players who they are is where they went to school. Michael Irvin and Ray Lewis wouldn't have been fucking gangsters at Iowa State; They became thugs BECAUSE they went to the U. That's what makes them great.

Okay, forget the theoretical portion; how on earth is this even a cool feature? It's essentially the same thing as trading away a marquee player on Madden to your favorite team. It's stupid. It doesn't mean anything.

They also like to mess with the Legend mode (where you create your own character and get an offer from a school). They started adding high school games, but you could only run the play the coach called in the championship game. Once again, pointless. Then they opened it up and had you play the playoff in high school, so now you had to play an entire playoff before you got offers. It was absurd.

EA always loads up on the DLC and every bit of it is overpriced bullshit. If you don't want to pay $4.99 per course, just to play some of the normal courses in Tiger Woods, then you have to spend $80 to buy the "special edition."

EA Sports has mastered the art of ripping people off and yet we still pay every time, but THQ sucked, right?

Not all EA games are made by the same "company" they are all made by companies that EA has purchased.

NCAA football is made by Tiburon in Florida, as is the Madden series, MMA and Tiger Woods Golf (since 2007, before that it was made in Salt Lake City).

The major hub of their production is in Burnaby BC, where a couple of my college classmates have worked or currently work.

They are responsible for the Need for Speed series, all NHL, NBA, FIFA, and College Basketball games, the Fight Night games and their attempts at Cricket and Rugby.

The one I have the most experience with is the NHL series, it also has a problem with too much DLC that would cost a fortune but all the DLC can also be unlocked by playing the game (although in some cases for an unreasonable amount of hours)

They do a much better job of updating the game engine than Madden or NCAA has, providing a new one every 4 or 5 years, with the in between years being used to get the working engine as close to perfection as they can.

Their last upgrade to the NHL engine was so good that it won best sports game of the year from Gamespot, Spike TV, and Gametrailers.com and was nominated as (Overall) game of the year losing out to Metal Gear Solid 4.

If the game is being made in Burnaby I have hope that it will turn out good, if they give it to Tiburon I'll pass.

Post #19   6/6/12 1:03:45AM   

mrsmiley

Heavyweight Champ

mrsmiley Avatar

Career:1,550-909
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

When it comes to online I feel THQ is much worse..............

But then again I'm not a sports guy. the only sports games I play are MMA.

Post #20   6/6/12 4:35:12AM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2