Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

With UFC title bid nearing, Martin Kampmann eyes new plan: Get hit less

Print  
Posted By Message

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:2,114-1,232
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Once again, UFC welterweight Martin Kampmann was a bloody, battered mess – and once again, his arm was raised in victory.

Kampmann added to his growing legacy of come-from-behind victories with a second-round win over the highly touted Jake Ellenberger in the main event of Friday night's The Ultimate Fighter Live Finale card. But after surviving another opponent's assault, Kampmann said he's formulating a new plan moving forward.

"I would definitely prefer to get hit less," Kampmann deadpanned.

Link

Post #1   6/2/12 5:11:26PM   

LightsOUT23

Standup Guy

LightsOUT23 Avatar

Career:340-238
Chips:
Kampman is a warrior, when he has the opportunity to fight a technical fight, landing shots like that short punch to the temple on Ellenberger is what Kampman is best at. I'm sure Ellenberger is a great fighter, but man is he too confident. I did enjoy seeing him drop to the floor after that huge knee landed. I don't see Kampman ever wearing the UFC gold, but when he gets to fight a technical match, the precision striking he lands is just beautiful to watch.

Post #2   6/2/12 5:30:30PM   

pmoney

P$ Pimpin'

pmoney Avatar

Career:1,597-974
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
I like that gameplan for the Hitman. You can only do so much though. His last three fights were Rick Story, Thiago Alves and Jake Ellenberger. Those three are all savages with the stand up. You are going to take a few to give a few with any of those guys.

Last edited 6/2/12 5:41PM server time by pmoney
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #3   6/2/12 5:41:09PM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:2,114-1,232
Chips:

Posted by pmoney

I like that gameplan for the Hitman. You can only do so much though. His last three fights were Rick Story, Thiago Alves and Jake Ellenberger. Those three are all savages with the stand up. You are going to take a few to give a few with any of those guys.

Your right P$, he's gotta get in there and bang with these guys cuz thats when you have the best chance to land youself. plus, its not like he's Leonard Garcia out there

Last edited 6/2/12 6:10PM server time by prophecy033
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #4   6/2/12 6:09:26PM   

jay98107

MMA Sensei

jay98107 Avatar

Career:2,978-1,663
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:

Posted by pmoney

Exactly, those guys are extremely aggressive. He's weathered some serious storms in these wins.

Post #5   6/2/12 8:01:23PM   

Budgellism

Randy

Budgellism Avatar

Career:2,983-1,702
Chips:
Hes on a hell of a run right now. And considering he was robbed against both Sanchez and Shields that would make the run even more impressive. He's in the prime of his career right now and would be a tough fight for anyone. Id love to see the Condit rematch . I see GSP beating him though.

Post #6   6/2/12 10:47:25PM   

MMA-San

In Full Mount

MMA-San Avatar

Career:977-716
Camp: PLAYGROUND REJECTS
Chips:

Posted by LightsOUT23

I don't see Kampman ever wearing the UFC gold, but when he gets to fight a technical match, the precision striking he lands is just beautiful to watch.

What are you talking about, he's already beaten the champion

Post #7   6/3/12 1:26:05AM   

LightsOUT23

Standup Guy

LightsOUT23 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by MMA-San

What are you talking about, he's already beaten the champion

True, he did beat Condit 3 years ago in a very close fight but he's been in wars since then and I'm not convinced his chin is as durable as it was back then. He's taken a tonne of damage since the Condit fight and suffered a run of dodgy decision losses against Sheilds and Sanchez. There are many great fighters in every UFC weight class who are great fighters who never hold UFC gold. Just because he beat the current champion 3 years ago doesn't Necessarily mean he could beat him now. I like Kampman, but i just don't see him winning the title.

Post #8   6/3/12 12:17:32PM   

Poor_Franklin

Slight Reach Advantage

Poor_Franklin Avatar

Career:1,658-951
Chips:
lol if we're going to call Condit "The Champ", can we please use the word "Interim" when doing so?

Post #9   6/3/12 12:53:24PM   

LightsOUT23

Standup Guy

LightsOUT23 Avatar

Chips:
Condit has a belt round his waist, he beat the number one contender for GSP. He should get some respect. IMO Interim doesn't mean anything, its a sloppy way of saying Champion until the other champion gets better. Right now in that Division, Condit is the man to beat, not GSP IMO.

Post #10   6/4/12 3:21:54PM