Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Mark Munoz Explains Mayhem Miller's Behavior Backstage At UFC 146

Print  
Posted By Message

FastKnockout

$ Impin' Ain't Easy $

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,681-939
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
UFC Middleweight Jason "Mayhem" Miller was cut following his UFC 146 loss to C.B. Dollaway. At the post-fight press conference UFC president Dana White made a cryptic reference to some "bullsh**t backstage" that prompted Mayhem's immediate termination from the organization. Miller did an interview with Ariel Helwani earlier this week and denied that there had been any incidents post-fight but did allude to an exchange he'd had with Burt Watson, the UFC staffer who deals with the fighters on fight nights.

Now Miller's friend and training partner (and UFC MW contender) Mark Munoz sat down for a video interview with MMAInterviews.TV explaining another incident he thinks might have played a factor. Video at the article.

LINK

Post #1   6/1/12 3:34:31PM   

FastKnockout

$ Impin' Ain't Easy $

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,681-939
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
I believe Munoz over Dana and UFC staff. So, going by everything that's been reported, this is what I think happened.

-Dana hates Mayhem. We all knew this.
-Burt Watson made a big deal out of Mayhem's mask before the walk-out.
-Mayhem fought injured, which we noticed with his wrapped knee that buckled twice during the fight.
-Mayhem wanted something back stage but Zuffa staff wouldn't allow it, Mayhem whispered something under his breath and left.
-Dana wanted an excuse to release Mayhem, but knew fans would be upset if they released him for his performance after everyone knew he fought injured.
-Dana and Zuffa staff said Mayhem was released for causing issues behind the scenes, but wouldn't give details.
-Mayhem had no idea what they were talking about because he walked off after not receiving what he wanted, which is why he said the drama was with Burt Watson before the fight, because there was no actual drama backstage.

Post #2   6/1/12 3:42:07PM   

KungFuMaster

Heavyweight Champ

KungFuMaster Avatar

Career:423-341
Camp: The Lone Ranger(s)
Chips:
I agree with Munoz's version more so - over what has been leaked so far... but also note - Munoz did admit he is not revealing everything that went on backstage. Somewhere in the middle lies the truth but I can feel it's closer to Munoz's version.

Post #3   6/1/12 4:12:03PM   

pmoney

P$ Pimpin'

pmoney Avatar

Career:1,449-880
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
I was listening to an episode of the Adam Carolla Podcast last night. It was from March, and Mayhem was the guest. The Aceman asked Mayhem about his "upcoming" fight, and he literally said he was already looking past CB Dolloway. While that has little to nothing to do with this thread, I just thought that was interesting and wanted to share. I want to think it was said in jest as Mayhem was on a comedy show, but who knows.

Post #4   6/1/12 5:01:39PM   

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Career:1,220-792
Camp: The Original Gangsters
Chips:
Smear campaign??

Post #5   6/1/12 6:35:11PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,352-1,258
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Looks like a Lynch mob out to get mayhem.
What crap for Dana to make a excuse to cut a guy

Post #6   6/2/12 2:22:40AM   

spang714

MMA Regular

spang714 Avatar

Career:569-337
Camp: Playground Bullies
Chips:
I think, despite his past 2 UFC fights, Mayhem is a good fighter....I think he should stay...bottom line, if dana does not like you, pack the bags

Post #7   6/2/12 11:41:35AM