Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

UFC Octagon Girl’s repertoire includes kick to boyfriend’s nose, arrest reports indicate

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

Kpro

I STAB WATERBEDS!

Kpro Avatar

Career:2,631-1,351
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by tallica62

.how does he get a guy like her?

The news keeps breaking!

Post #16   5/30/12 3:08:06AM   

scoozna

Annoying since 2007

scoozna Avatar

Career:2,356-1,302
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by Sir_Karl

Posted by prozacnation1978

Pretty sad if your girl can kick your ass and u gotta call the coppers to get her away from u

Time to get a new beau

Did you ever think that maybe he didn't want to hit her back? It isn't about a girl being able to kick your ass. I am a Kung Fu Sifu (teacher) and dealt with 16 years of domestic violence/spousal abuse at the hands of my ex wife. I threw her out of the house when I had finally had enough. Domestic violence isn't really something to make jokes about. If he would have retaliated and laid her ass out cold with a right hook...you would have gotten on his case for hitting a woman. Guys can't win when it comes to female on male violence. It is fairly common in our society. It might be even more common than the traditional man on woman physical abuse...but men are not too likely to report it. The reason they don't report it is due to reactions like the one you just gave. I know from first hand experience...the reason he called the police is because he didn't want to kick her ass...he just wanted her to stop. When a woman is getting physically abused by a man...everyone comes to her rescue and pities her. When it is happening to a man....he gets ridiculed. It isn't something to joke about.

That's a really interesting post. While I have done no research on this, I'd bet you were right about it being fairly common, and the idea that it's a catch-22 for guys. Hopefully, the moral lesson that men aren't supposed to hit women is still a societal norm, and it puts them in a tough situation when women get physically aggressive.

But on an internet MMA forum, I dare say, a tame joke about Arianny kicking her boyfriend's ass (ironically with a kick to the face - maybe his face looks like an ass) *is* funny. Your warning about the reality and the seriousness of domestic violence (in both directions) is well received (at least by me), but I wish these types of warnings would stop short of implying that others shouldn't even make the tamest of jokes about celebrities and their public dirt.

Post #17   5/30/12 9:06:19AM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2