Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

UFC heads to Nottingham on Sept. 29, possibly as UFC on FUEL TV show

Print  
Posted By Message

Budgellism

Randy

Budgellism Avatar

Career:3,026-1,730
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Keeping with its once-a-year fall event, the UFC is returning to the U.K. on Sept. 29.

Officials announced this past weekend that Nottingham's 10,000-seat Capital FM Arena is set to play host to the yet-unnamed event.

Broadcast plans aren't official, but an official told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) the event could air live stateside as a UFC on FUEL TV event on Saturday afternoon.

No matchups have been announced, though UFC president Dana White recently mentioned UFC 146 winners Dan Hardy (24-10 MMA, 5-4 UFC) and Paul Sass (13-0 MMA, 3-0 UFC), as well as "The Ultimate Fighter: Live" injured cast member Andy Ogle (8-1 MMA, 0-0 UFC), as possible participants. All are U.K. fighters.

LINK

Post #1   5/29/12 9:03:54AM   

MMAcca

Heavyweight Champ

MMAcca Avatar

Career:2,028-1,165
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Jurgen Kruth Vs Cyrille Diabate is a done deal for this card

Post #2   5/29/12 2:26:06PM   

MMAcca

Heavyweight Champ

MMAcca Avatar

Career:2,028-1,165
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Expect to see Picket and John Maguire here too...

Post #3   5/29/12 2:27:12PM   

frizzzlecake

MMA Sensei

frizzzlecake Avatar

Career:506-312
Chips:
If Dan Hardy isn't in the Main Event for this i will be shocked.
He is afterall Nottingham product.

Post #4   5/29/12 4:17:16PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,153-681
Chips:

Posted by frizzzlecake

If Dan Hardy isn't in the Main Event for this i will be shocked.
He is afterall Nottingham product.

why should Hardy be in the main event? I love the guy but he just snapped a 4 fight losing streak. Co-main, sure but the fans going to that event deserve better than a relatively meaningless fight (in terms of title implications) as it's headliner.

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #5   5/29/12 5:11:05PM   

frizzzlecake

MMA Sensei

frizzzlecake Avatar

Career:506-312
Chips:
My reasons:
A. It's a Fuel card
B. Dan Hardy fought Chris Lytle as a Headliner for a Versus card.(while ON a losing steak)
C. UFC love to give Countrymen fights in their country or hometowns.
D. Dan hard is fun to watch matched with the right person....They would match him with the right person.
E. Doesn't mean the card is going to be bad, UFC on Versus 5 Had Cerrone/Ben Henderson/Ed hermen heel hook.
F. Who wouldn't tune on a fight with Dan Hardy in it?

Post #6   5/31/12 2:47:28AM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:2,671-1,523
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by frizzzlecake

My reasons:
A. It's a Fuel card
B. Dan Hardy fought Chris Lytle as a Headliner for a Versus card.(while ON a losing steak)
C. UFC love to give Countrymen fights in their country or hometowns.
D. Dan hard is fun to watch matched with the right person....They would match him with the right person.
E. Doesn't mean the card is going to be bad, UFC on Versus 5 Had Cerrone/Ben Henderson/Ed hermen heel hook.
F. Who wouldn't tune on a fight with Dan Hardy in it?

You're my boy Bubbs, but this guy has all the reasons I thought of and more. I'm not going to be pissed about a local headlining a card especially one with the following of Hardy.

Post #7   5/31/12 2:51:44AM