Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Jason 'Mayhem' Miller Describes Incident At UFC 146, Says He's 'Done Fighting For Now'

Print  
Posted By Message

FastKnockout

TRICK 'R TREAT

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,856-1,025
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Jason "Mayhem" Miller became the center of attention after UFC 146 for all the wrong reasons. He lost his bout to C.B. Dollaway, then was released from the promotion shortly after by UFC president Dana White for some sort of "incident" he didn't care to elaborate upon. Mayhem was a guest on Ariel Helwani's The MMA Hour today and gave his side of the story. He explained that it wasn't a post-fight incident but something that happened before his bout, and that he's effectively retired (transcribed by MMA Fighting):

"I said I would, so I am," said Miller. "I'm done for right now."

"I don't have the need to super-impress one person in particular and make them happy," Miller said. "I can focus on making myself happy. I don't have the pressures of a commissioner chasing me around with a piss cup. I don't have the pressures of everybody verbally abusing me for everyone one of my missteps via social media. I feel like a weight is lifted.

"Every fighter gives the same answer when they say they're retired. Pretty much every fighter says ‘I'm retired until I need money.' I'm a pretty smart dude, I have other avenues open to me."

LINK

Post #1   5/28/12 9:58:12PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:
it seems kind of odd that Burt telling him to take the mask off before the entrance distracted him as he walks into the octagon and sees CB standing infront of him

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #2   5/28/12 10:51:26PM   

Twenty20Dollars

Heavyweight Champ

Career:1,572-1,001
Chips:
Don't why he was fighting in the first place, doesn't even sound like he wanted to fight.

Post #3   5/28/12 11:00:52PM   

Chael_Sonnen

Follow.The.Buzzards

Chael_Sonnen Avatar

Career:1,277-785
Chips:
Done with fighting for now you say? What do you call the last 5 years

Post #4   5/28/12 11:46:54PM   

jae_1833

TTTHS

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:2,687-1,701
Chips:
I haven't seen him fight well since Sakuraba.....he either needs to go back to Japan/small organizations or learn how to counter wrestlers....for real the guy got outwrestled by Bisping. Seriously now that dude is primarily a boxer!

Post #5   5/29/12 12:30:39AM   

KingCmb

Standup Guy

KingCmb Avatar

Career:935-862
Chips:
He may never be a top guy but i watch fights to be entertained and he did it for a long time my hats off to mayhem still not a huge fan but he could certainly dazzle a crowd

and he is smart enough to keep afloat post mma

Post #6   5/29/12 1:05:12AM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,566-910
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by jae_1833

I haven't seen him fight well since Sakuraba.....he either needs to go back to Japan/small organizations or learn how to counter wrestlers....for real the guy got outwrestled by Bisping. Seriously now that dude is primarily a boxer!

Bisping actually has pretty good wrestling though. I get what you're saying, its not his primary style. I'm not trying to pick a fight or anything, but I think a lot of people at MW could get out wrestled by Bisping. In addition to being a pretty good wrestler, he's big for the weight class and strong.

Anyway....

I will miss Mayhem Miller. He was a fun guy to watch and I thought he was even entertaining in defeat.

This is when Dana White makes me mad. He's been good for the sport in a lot of ways, but its not fair that whether or not you get to keep your job hinges on whether or not he likes you as a person.

There are people like Dan Hardy, or Sexyama, or Elvis Sinosic that have gotten way too many chances. Miller lost two fights. He got beat by one of the top contenders at MW and then he lost a decision while he had a bum knee.

I didn't think he looked that bad in the fight against CB....he was clearly having trouble standing up.

I picked CB the first time around but I'd pick Mayhem if their were ever a rematch.

Bottom line: he's been an entertaining figure in the sport for a long time and he will be missed.

Post #7   5/29/12 1:17:33AM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:2,590-1,480
Chips:
Considering he had a brace on his knee, and that same knee gave him trouble during the fight, it was pretty apparent that the guy was injured coming into this one. Take into account the fact that doing cardio work on a bad wheel isn't the easiest thing, and I think the poor performance could be justified to some degree. The guy didn't drop out of the fight and hasn't used it as an excuse at all yet, so that wins points in my book as well. Plus, a lot of people, myself included, find him entertaining.

I wouldn't have been mad had he been given another shot based on all the stuff I mentioned, but the way he sounded in that interview made it seem like he probably needs to step away and take a little time to wrap his head around everything that's going on with him right now.

Post #8   5/29/12 1:40:01AM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:

Posted by jae_1833

considering Sonnen had a lot of trouble taking Bisping down, I would say Bisping has some pretty good wrestling

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #9   5/29/12 5:04:31PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,530-1,341
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Yeah losing to bisping then dollaway would do that to you

Post #10   5/29/12 6:10:42PM   

DosBox

MMA Regular

DosBox Avatar

Career:918-541
Chips:
Eh, he said the same thing back in 2008 after he lost to Jacare - didnt even last a year.

I dont think this is the last of Mayhem (other than the last of Mayhem in the UFC).

Post #11   5/29/12 6:29:50PM   

scoozna

Annoying since 2007

scoozna Avatar

Career:2,311-1,280
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
I always say this, but there's no shame in going to another promotion where he could be a big(er) fish in a small(er) pond.

Post #12   5/30/12 9:26:27AM