Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Jon Jones On Rashad | “I definitely pray for him. I wonder how he’s doing,”

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

postman

Heavyweight Champ

postman Avatar

Career:746-420
Chips:
Link

I might be reading way into this but Jon Jones seems like a complete jerk off to me.

Cocky or Genuine

Edit
Sorry ment to add a poll

Last edited 5/16/12 3:30PM server time by postman
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #1   5/16/12 3:30:12PM   

Copenhagen

Good for Body and Soul

Copenhagen Avatar

Career:1,125-610
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
I'll be rooting for anyone against Jones now. Can't stand his personality. It sucks that there really isn't any LHW with a legitimate chance, because I think he needs a loss in order for his personality not to suck as much.

Post #2   5/16/12 4:21:22PM   

Poor_Franklin

Slight Reach Advantage

Poor_Franklin Avatar

Career:1,545-881
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
i cant wait til Jones thickens out & is forced to move to HW. He will be humbled

Post #3   5/16/12 5:26:40PM   

Chael_Sonnen

Follow.The.Buzzards

Chael_Sonnen Avatar

Career:1,277-785
Chips:
I honestly love it

Post #4   5/16/12 5:30:18PM   

TeamDEY

Belt Contender

TeamDEY Avatar

Career:152-124
Chips:
I know fighter bashing is prohibited... but he is a bitch... all i got to say

Post #5   5/16/12 8:02:32PM   

warglory

Heavyweight Champ

warglory Avatar

Career:535-344
Chips:

Posted by TeamDEY

Might want to edit your comment man, just sayin. I know from experience.

Post #6   5/16/12 8:07:36PM   

Aether

Heavyweight Champ

Aether Avatar

Career:946-505
Chips:
I don't really understand why everyone hates him so much.

I think he's being sincere. They were friends at some point, and he is a human being, isn't it possible, now that the fight is over, that he actually is wondering how his former friend is handling the toughest loss of his career? Has no one here ever had a falling out with a friend and occasionally wondered how they are doing or regretted how things happened between you? He's a human being, he has emotions, they were friends at one point.

I think he's devoutly religious and that he was just raised to always say or do "the right thing" and he tries so hard to always be "proper", that it comes across as phony to people. I don't think it's phony at all, I think it's just how he was raised, and it's been nailed into his head to behave a certain way.

Let's really think about what he has ever done or said that was clearly disrespectful, rude, or arrogant. Everyone basically accuses him of being arrogant because they think he's "phony" in interviews. He hasn't actually said or done anything that can be construed as arrogant without playing the "phony" card, as far as I can remember. The guy has saved people from crimes, paid for people's hotel rooms when they had no money, he's always respectful, he never talks trash, I just don't really get why people hate him so much, makes no sense to me. He seems pretty clearly to be a nice guy, to me.

Last edited 5/16/12 8:58PM server time by Aether

Post #7   5/16/12 8:57:55PM   

Chael_Sonnen

Follow.The.Buzzards

Chael_Sonnen Avatar

Chips:

Posted by TeamDEY

Actually, he made Rashad his bitch for 5 rounds.

Didn't Rashad grab his sack and blow a kiss to Forrest.....didn't Rashad act like a complete tool on TUF in front of Matt Hughes, a true legend of the sport?

Jones >>>> Suga in personality and as a fighter

Last edited 5/16/12 10:39PM server time by chael_sonnen
2 total post edits

Post #8   5/16/12 10:34:16PM   

tcunningham

Combat Sport and Fitness

tcunningham Avatar

Career:508-351
Chips:
i think he is playing the "Humble" champion thing a little to much, but i dont think he's an asshole or anything. id much rather see him act like this than to be a complete prick. i dont have a problem with him

Post #9   5/17/12 12:08:29AM   

Chael_Sonnen

Follow.The.Buzzards

Chael_Sonnen Avatar

Chips:

Posted by tcunningham

i think he is playing the "Humble" champion thing a little to much, but i dont think he's an asshole or anything. id much rather see him act like this than to be a complete prick. i dont have a problem with him

If Jones is considered a prick, then what is Mr. freeway driver Rampage B.A. Jackson then?

Laughable how Jones gets shunned by the public by being a solid citizen and certain thugs in the UFC get the red carpet treatment......yeah you know who you are!

Post #10   5/17/12 12:18:54AM   

KungFuMaster

Heavyweight Champ

KungFuMaster Avatar

Career:423-342
Camp: The Lone Ranger(s)
Chips:
Jon Jones will not sign replicate belts.

Jones says when he hits someone, he feels he is doing them a favor. ( Bruce Lee documentary )

Jon Jones needs his coach to tell him to check on his opponents after fights.

Jones recently stated he has never been taught what to do - before or after a fight. He has wrestled in college and I'm sure he has played sports in high school as well.

I played sports all throughout my high school years and we were always taught to line up and shake the hands of our opposing team after the game or event. Shaking your opponent(s)' hand(s) after an event is something an athlete with good sportsmanship will do. In-fact, the hand shaking is something that has been ingrained in most, if not all, societies throughout the globe.

Jones is definitely a phony. It is because he has an education that he is able to manipulate the situations with his deceitful lies. I don't buy it one bit. I can read people very well and when someone means what they say, his tone and voice inflections will show it. In some of the interviews I have seen Jones in, most or all of his responses are done so out of CALCULATION rather than from the HEART.

Jones has a lot of growing up to do and until then - I'm going to keep hating on him.

Post #11   5/17/12 12:27:01AM   

pmoney

P$ Pimpin'

pmoney Avatar

Career:1,534-933
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
I pray for Jon Jones and the souls of his bastard children.

I remember when Jon was on the comeup, and he headlined one of the UFC on Versus fights. I want to say it was the Vera fight (could have been Matty) in San Diego. In his victory speech, he quoted Anchorman and emplored the SD crowd to stay classy, Ron Burgundy style. At that moment, I dug his personality.

That said, I respect Bones as a fighter. He would be the undisputed P4P king in my book if he were to beat Anderson Silva. He may get that spot soon even without that fight happening. But one of the #1 things that gets on my nerves are people who claim to be religious and are full blown hypocrites. He won't sign a kid/fan's replica belt, in my estimation, because of his overblown ego? If he's a pro athlete, let alone an alleged Christian, he should act like he's been there before. I wonder if his NFL player brothers ever refused to sign a jersey because of all the years of hard work it took them to get to drafted.

Last edited 5/17/12 7:54AM server time by pmoney
Edit note/reason: predictive text/touch screen posting

Post #12   5/17/12 7:32:09AM   

ghandikush

MMA Sensei

ghandikush Avatar

Career:118-71
Chips:
I think it would be hard for any of us to spen 3 years fighting and then rail through all the top fighters in the world without developing a major ego crisis. Dude is young and everything is coming to him.

I dont like him but I can totally understand if he is a superprick.

Post #13   5/17/12 10:55:01AM   

KungFuMaster

Heavyweight Champ

KungFuMaster Avatar

Career:423-342
Camp: The Lone Ranger(s)
Chips:

Posted by pmoney

I wonder if his NFL player brothers ever refused to sign a jersey because of all the years of hard work it took them to get to drafted.

I did not know Jones has brothers in the NFL - which means he has been around the world of sports long enough to know professional athletes are held to certain standards and etiquette.

Thanks for sharing this, Pmoney. Now I can hate on Jones without a guilty conscience.

P.S. Is it conscious or conscience?

Last edited 5/17/12 11:48AM server time by KungFuMaster

Post #14   5/17/12 11:27:31AM   

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Career:2,817-1,549
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by TeamDEY

...knowing is half the battle. You probably also know what's next.

Post #15   5/17/12 11:31:42AM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2