Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Braulio Estima Responds To Cesar Gracie's Statement In A Big Way

Print  
Posted By Message

Budgellism

Randy

Budgellism Avatar

Career:2,900-1,652
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Braulio's words to Cesar:

@CesarGracieBJJ Hi C├ęsar i was reading yr statement. vry interesting points..

1st- When junior approached me 2 Offer me the fight I was actually training at the blackzilians at the time so obviously I was training Mma. Junior told me abt nick not wanting 2 fight an Mma fighter. I nevr fought before so he said it was fine & y u dnt cancel the fight before if ths was really an issue..??

2nd- nobody has ever bended no rules for me. Because there was no rules set to start off with, it wasnt going to be a UFC match but a superfight on a BJJ Expo so the whole point here was for us to show a fight..has Nick signed a contract that stated the date time and weight that we both need to reach? I didn't. And since this whole thing was going to be a friendly event I really don't see any issue here even if Nick turned up 10lbs overweight.

Rest of Braulio's statement:

Still when asked I went and dropped the weight to meet the requirement. Actually to put things straight it was myself that called Junior around 10pm Friday to check if there is going to be a weigh in at all. He kept contacting you and got back to me saying I need to be 180 that time, of course I said I can't for the simple reason I was away in Irvine and it was already late at night but I said sure no problem I'll make it first thing in the morning if needed, even if it would put me in a bigger disadvantage I didnt care I just came to fight. Junior had actually called me back no later than midnight that he spoke to you and confirmed the weigh in for 10am.

Besides when did Nick actually weigh in? And who witnessed that if we are being so strict and proffessional?

3rd - you are saying Nick had left by 10am Saturday morning? Why you never said anything then? I even asked you I'd like to see him and his weight and you said he's not gonna come down because he ate already and wouldn't make the weight anymore. And Lana after speaking to you called his room and said he was actually there sleeping. Nobody at any point had mentioned he could have left. Leaving me believing we would fight till the very last minute, now youre talking about lack of proffesionalism in the organisation of the superfight and this was very professional behaviour right?

There is many more points here that I don't agree with but I am just fed up of this whole situation and don't agree for anyone to ever release the blame from Nick for whatever reason, we were there to fight and that's what should happen no excuses, we are both professional athletes and should respect one another no matter what. And this is inexcusable.

LINK

Post #1   5/15/12 4:30:41PM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:2,062-1,210
Chips:
Don't worry bro, most of us are fed up with Nick's actions and Cesar's excuses too

One of these days Cesar will get sick and tired of covering for Nick and we will see the ultimate scoop on how all this shit REALLY went down

Post #2   5/15/12 4:49:04PM   

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Career:1,258-821
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
This whole debacle is what my GF would call very juicy

Back and forth statements. Whose side will you be on

Nick needs to cut the crap and issue his own statement

Post #3   5/15/12 5:01:25PM   

FastKnockout

TRICK 'R TREAT

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,856-1,025
Chips:
Considering Nick has a knack for skipping out I'm leaning toward Estima's side of the story, but only they know the truth and we're stuck here speculating.

Post #4   5/15/12 5:07:26PM   

Sir_Karl

MMA Sensei

Sir_Karl Avatar

Career:2,275-1,535
Chips:
Personally I think this is just another case of....this is none of our business. They didn't fight....we don't need to know all of the BS behind it. We don't need to hear the trainers and the fighters go back and forth. I love MMA....I have been a fan since the Pancrase championships were on PPV way back in 1992...but this is the crap I hate. We don't need to know everything. He said...she said....who the F cares? The pisspoor MMA journalism and the busybody fans are making MMA a joke in some ways. My god enough.

Post #5   5/15/12 9:27:35PM   

FastKnockout

TRICK 'R TREAT

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,856-1,025
Chips:

Posted by Sir_Karl

Personally I think this is just another case of....this is none of our business. They didn't fight....we don't need to know all of the BS behind it. We don't need to hear the trainers and the fighters go back and forth. I love MMA....I have been a fan since the Pancrase championships were on PPV way back in 1992...but this is the crap I hate. We don't need to know everything. He said...she said....who the F cares? The pisspoor MMA journalism and the busybody fans are making MMA a joke in some ways. My god enough.

We're on different sides of the fence. Personally, I enjoy a little drama (the real drama not the zuffa Evans vs. Rampage drama.) It gives me a deeper look at the fighters who I'm cheering for/against and makes the fights that much more exciting for me. Like when Edgar knocked out Maynard.. I was so emotionally invested in Edgar that I couldn't help but jump up and celebrate for the guy because I knew how much it meant to him as a man and a fighter.

Another good example is Henco vs. Bisping.. Hearing Bisping run his mouth for all those weeks made the ending so much sweeter.

Post #6   5/16/12 2:12:05AM   

landstander

MMA Regular

landstander Avatar

Career:51-32
Chips:
friendly therefore no contracts

guy didn't show up for the weigh ins because no contracts.

other guy didn't show up to the fight because no contracts

What conclusion can we come to?

Post #7   5/16/12 2:39:28AM   

Shawn91111

The MMAPlayground's Co-Creator

Shawn91111 Avatar

Career:2,781-1,448
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by Sir_Karl

Of course we need to know. Before any of these statements came out fans were calling for Diaz' head. Now we hear one side and get the other.

If you dont care, dont click on the link and read it.

Post #8   5/16/12 8:32:46AM   

BuffaloDave

Heavyweight Champ

BuffaloDave Avatar

Career:917-519
Chips:
Cesar would make a good publicist for troubled celebs, always someone else's fault...

Post #9   5/16/12 10:07:31AM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,566-910
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
There's really no way to sort out the truth.

Bottom line though is Nick said he'd show up and then he didn't.

The professional thing to do would have been to notify the promoter about his grievances and THEN back out. This is like quitting a job by just not showing up anymore. You should have put in your two weeks notice Nick.

Post #10   5/16/12 1:27:17PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:

Posted by BuffaloDave

Cesar would make a good publicist for troubled celebs, always someone else's fault...

Could you imagine him being the publicist for Lindsay Lohan?

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #11   5/17/12 12:17:54AM