Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Nick Diaz no-shows Brazilian jiu-jitsu super fight against Braulio Estima

Print  
  Page 3 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

sparky

AV BET Record: 42-10

sparky Avatar

Career:2,957-1,617
Camp: Team Fry Guy
Chips:
Nick is killing me I've been defending the guy for years but that has officially stopped as of right now. The kid needs to grow up and take his job more seriously or go find something else to do for a living because us as fan pay your fight purse and were the only ones who suffer everytime this happens. So I feel like he is shitting on us the people that have been behind him his whole career.

Post #31   5/13/12 7:37:23PM   

Franklinfan47

Simply The Best

Franklinfan47 Avatar

Career:2,682-1,471
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
The most surprising thing about this is how surprised everyone is. Did you guys just meet Nick Diaz? This guy no shows all the time.

Dont be scared homie!

Post #32   5/13/12 8:31:36PM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:2,136-1,243
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by KungFuMaster

All I can say is this is going to make it that much more difficult for Diaz to come back to the ufc if and when he chooses to do so.

I can see Dana shaking his head in utter frustration when he heard the news.

it also shows me and many others that Diaz has a LONG ways to go before he grows up. I've lost so much respect in my eyes to.the point that I could give a shit less if I ever see him fight again and that's saying a bunch considering that I love to see him fight, his style is super exciting but him acting like a punk ass teenager makes me not care anymore

Post #33   5/13/12 9:30:55PM   

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Career:1,311-856
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
LAME

I WAS a fan.

Even if he can fight good this veal just makes me not want him to succeed.

No class.

I do not respect someone that gives their word and then acts like a tool and no shows

Post #34   5/13/12 10:00:00PM   

GSPCanada

Standup Guy

Career:637-415
Chips:
somehow GSP was scared of him and was faking a knee surgery, meanwhile this guy just doesn't show up. Nobody can deny his talent as a fighter and what is even more surprising is this guy has crazy work ethic, most of the time when we talk about attitude and talent it is about a guy who doesn't train hard but has the tools nick has the tools and the work ethic. I really think this is a cry for attention, but then again nick and others have been making excuses for him for years and when you keep making excuses and defending bizarre behavior you never grow up.

Post #35   5/14/12 12:20:40AM   

BlueSkiesBurn

USCFootball.com

BlueSkiesBurn Avatar

Career:534-389
Chips:
Topic moved to "General MMA Talk" as this is hardly "news"

(joke)

Post #36   5/14/12 6:38:56AM   

postman

Heavyweight Champ

postman Avatar

Career:746-420
Chips:

Posted by Sir_Karl

I am not going to condone what Nick did but I would bet he didn't show because his opponent totally disrespected him by having weight cutting issues. Nick's no show should not have affected any donations either. Anyone who bought a ticket or paid for the PPV did so without knowing that Nick wouldn't show...no money was lost....so there should be no issues with the donation to the children's fund. Nick is Nick....and when he feels disrespected he does what he does. Personally I feel Nick has been disrespected an awful lot by the MMA world....including the MMA judges. Like I said though....I won't condone what he did but if you disrespect someone....you can't expect them to be happy or to even comply with anything previously agreed upon. Nick is one of my favorite fighters....but I do feel he could use some counseling from a trained professional. He has severe anger issues and to put it mildly....he is a tad bit paranoid. I think he needs to lay off the "chronic"....it is messing him up.

If your not Codoning his behavior then there is no need to defend him. Your trying to make it sound like yeah he should have showed but if _________didn't do _________ Nick wouldn't have had a problem. The world doesn't work that way. Why would he care if a guy made weight for a charity event? Estima did make weight and no one knows if Nick himself made the weight. Hes a punk with no respect for anyone. That includes his team trainers and family. You publicly act like him and it makes everyone around you look like idoits.

Post #37   5/14/12 11:36:18AM   

Boo_Radley21

Heavyweight Champ

Boo_Radley21 Avatar

Career:605-425
Chips:
Let him retire I won't miss him

Post #38   5/14/12 12:30:14PM   

MMAcca

Heavyweight Champ

MMAcca Avatar

Career:2,028-1,165
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by lohmann

Posted by Sir_Karl

I am not going to condone what Nick did but I would bet he didn't show because his opponent totally disrespected him by having weight cutting issues.

Estima made weight.

Exactly and Estima made weight at the correct time.

Only recently (few days before) were people saying that the weigh-in was the day before the fight. The weigh-in was always supposed to be the morning of the fight.

Post #39   5/14/12 5:50:32PM   

Page 3 of 3     1     2     3