Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Bellator signs wrestling phenom Shanon Slack for May 18 fight against Booker Arthur

Print  
Posted By Message

sparky

AV BET Record: 38-9

sparky Avatar

Career:2,656-1,459
Camp: Team Fry Guy
Chips:
Bellator Fighting Championships continues to add to its impressive roster, this time adding dynamic featherweight Shanon Slack to its growing list of talent. Slack joins a stacked talent pool that includes reigning Bellator Featherweight Champion Pat Curran, future title challenger Patricio Pitbull, and a collection of some of the top featherweights in the world including Daniel Straus, Marlon Sandro, and "Popo" Bezerra.

"The Bellator featherweight division is tough as hell, and it was a huge reason why I decided to join Bellator," Slack said. "The tournament format is something that really stood out to me as well. There aren't any politics involved, and like any fighter, I want my title shot. Any fighter can say they want to take things one fight at a time, but if you aren't in this to become a champion, then you're in the wrong sport."

Armed with a wrestling base that earned him a spot as a U.S. Olympic alternate in 2008, Slack has trained with some of the biggest names in the sport and currently is a member of the world renowned Blackhouse fight team. Slack already boasts a spotless record of 3-0, but knows the sky is the limit with Bellator.

Link

Post #1   5/9/12 8:07:22PM   

Chael_Sonnen

Follow.The.Buzzards

Chael_Sonnen Avatar

Career:1,277-785
Chips:
Outstanding signing

Anybody that knows anything about amateur wrestling knows that this kid is a true "Phenom" unlike whats his name.

Post #2   5/9/12 8:11:36PM   

Poor_Franklin

Slight Reach Advantage

Poor_Franklin Avatar

Career:1,381-784
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
sounds like a true "Prodigy"

UFC 151: Never Forget

Post #3   5/9/12 8:43:01PM   

The_Casualty

MMA Regular

The_Casualty Avatar

Career:1,995-1,246
Camp: TKO
Chips:
Bellator is always gathering amazing global talent, part of what makes them such a great promotion.

Post #4   5/10/12 2:50:46PM