Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Bellator signs wrestling phenom Shanon Slack for May 18 fight against Booker Arthur

Print  
Posted By Message

sparky

AV BET Record: 42-10

sparky Avatar

Career:2,914-1,601
Camp: Team Fry Guy
Chips:
Bellator Fighting Championships continues to add to its impressive roster, this time adding dynamic featherweight Shanon Slack to its growing list of talent. Slack joins a stacked talent pool that includes reigning Bellator Featherweight Champion Pat Curran, future title challenger Patricio Pitbull, and a collection of some of the top featherweights in the world including Daniel Straus, Marlon Sandro, and "Popo" Bezerra.

"The Bellator featherweight division is tough as hell, and it was a huge reason why I decided to join Bellator," Slack said. "The tournament format is something that really stood out to me as well. There aren't any politics involved, and like any fighter, I want my title shot. Any fighter can say they want to take things one fight at a time, but if you aren't in this to become a champion, then you're in the wrong sport."

Armed with a wrestling base that earned him a spot as a U.S. Olympic alternate in 2008, Slack has trained with some of the biggest names in the sport and currently is a member of the world renowned Blackhouse fight team. Slack already boasts a spotless record of 3-0, but knows the sky is the limit with Bellator.

Link

Post #1   5/9/12 8:07:22PM   

Chael_Sonnen

Follow.The.Buzzards

Chael_Sonnen Avatar

Career:1,277-785
Chips:
Outstanding signing

Anybody that knows anything about amateur wrestling knows that this kid is a true "Phenom" unlike whats his name.

Post #2   5/9/12 8:11:36PM   

Poor_Franklin

Slight Reach Advantage

Poor_Franklin Avatar

Career:1,658-951
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
sounds like a true "Prodigy"

Post #3   5/9/12 8:43:01PM   

The_Casualty

MMA Regular

The_Casualty Avatar

Career:2,173-1,351
Camp: TKO
Chips:
Bellator is always gathering amazing global talent, part of what makes them such a great promotion.

Post #4   5/10/12 2:50:46PM