Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Urijah Faber will fight for interim bantamweight title at UFC 148

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

MMAcca

Heavyweight Champ

MMAcca Avatar

Career:1,763-1,032
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
I say Barao should get the shot, he's at the front of the queue.

Mcdonald and Menjivar are just behind him.

Post #16   5/9/12 3:39:22PM   

Budgellism

Raptors Fan

Budgellism Avatar

Career:2,694-1,543
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

While I don't want to see the Cruz/Faber rematch so soon.

But if Faber wins this other fight, I would feel a little better about his earning a shot, by having to get another win. Instead of just having the 1 win against Bowles and then the title shot.

Completely agree. His win over Bowles was impressive but it shouldn't earn him a title shot. Picking up the interim title against McDonald or Barao would prove he deserves it imo.

Post #17   5/9/12 3:46:42PM   

Dberntson

Standup Guy

Dberntson Avatar

Career:1,004-584
Camp: TKO
Chips:
Right now we have Barao and McDonald as potential contenders, but at the time the Cruz/Faber fight was booked these two were promising prospects. At the time the other challengers in discussion were Torres, Pickett, Jorgenson, Bennevidas (who was moving to flyweight) etc. So at the time, Faber was the most marketable fight and probably the most deserving with his dessimation of Bowles. Now there is fresh blood, but it doesnt mean Faber should lose his spot. I agree that if he beats McDonald or Barao for the interim belt, then his title shot is strengthened.

Post #18   5/9/12 5:16:09PM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,495-875
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Excuse me....

But this shit is getting ridiculous.

In no way does Faber deserve a title shot and for no reason did they need to make this an interim title fight.

I just hope his opponent is Barao so he can get KTFO.

Post #19   5/9/12 11:23:52PM   

GSPCanada

Standup Guy

Career:637-415
Chips:
I don't understand how people can argue against faber not getting a title shot. First as foremost, his last fight with cruz was very close. I had cruz the winner but it was still very close and i felt he deserved a rematch. Secondly, who else do you give the title shot too? I want to make the argument for barao but i feel the ufc was giving him menjivar knowing he had a great chance of winning that fight. not to mention had bowles beaten faber i think everyone would say bowles should get the title shot not to mention that victory was very convincing and dominant. more dominant than any fight cruz has had in recent memory anyways, there needs to be an interim belt. we won't be seeing cruz for another year i guess

Post #20   5/10/12 3:47:18AM   

ghandikush

MMA Sensei

ghandikush Avatar

Career:118-71
Chips:

Posted by bjj1605

Excuse me....

In no way does Faber deserve a title shot and for no reason did they need to make this an interim title fight.

First off I dislike Faber but he will dominate Barao badly. Secondly, Faber is deserving of a title shot in the way Mir is deserving being the most talented guy able to fight for the title and coming off a good win. Shogun got an undeserving fight against Machida and we saw how that went.

Post #21   5/10/12 10:45:54AM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:2,476-1,422
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by ghandikush

Posted by bjj1605

Excuse me....

First off I dislike Faber but he will dominate Barao badly. Secondly, Faber is deserving of a title shot in the way Mir is deserving being the most talented guy able to fight for the title and coming off a good win. Shogun got an undeserving fight against Machida and we saw how that went.

I don't know that he'll dominate Barao, but I agree that Faber was the guy to get the shot. If you don't like Faber coaching on TUF against Cruz and getting the shot, then tell us who would have been a better choice. I haven't seen anyone who doesn't think he should get the shot come up with another name yet.

Plus, Cruz is going to be out for a long time on top of the delay from coaching TUF, this is exactly the situation where an interim belt is needed.

Last edited 5/10/12 12:56PM server time by cowcatcher
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #22   5/10/12 12:54:08PM   

Hendo67

MMA Sensei

Hendo67 Avatar

Career:1,066-730
Camp: East Coast Pitbulls
Chips:
I've been on the Barao train for quite a while now. Bias aside, i think there's no question that he deserves the shot, the guy hasn't lost a fight since like 1913.

Post #23   5/10/12 12:58:45PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2