Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Nate Diaz supports Jim Miller’s nephew after scoring win at UFC on Fox 3

Print  
  Page 3 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

KungFuMaster

Heavyweight Champ

KungFuMaster Avatar

Career:423-341
Camp: The Lone Ranger(s)
Chips:
What is really interesting is the fact NE-1 simply made a comical statement - and for some reason other members have taken it too seriously which ultimately ignited a discussion whereby NE-1 was forced to defend or take the side in which he stated in his opening statement.

I am a firm believer in action over words.

I have been a student for many years. In fact, so many - I should have a doctorate already.

Anyway, in the beginning of each semester, all professors will give their spills about how they will help you through this and through that...

It has been my experience the majority of professors say these wonderful and uplifting things in the beginning of the semester simply because they seem to be the appropriate things to say to students. Only a small minority of professors actually mean and come through on what they say.

Did Diaz do a good thing? Yes, he did.

Did Diaz do something worth commending? I'm sorry, Pmoney. I know the Diaz brothers are your boys and you know we are e-boys but IMO, it was not worth commending. In this situation, I consider what Diaz did - an appropriate thing to do and he did it. Good on him.

Post #31   5/8/12 8:19:10PM   

KungFuMaster

Heavyweight Champ

KungFuMaster Avatar

Career:423-341
Camp: The Lone Ranger(s)
Chips:
When one does something worth commending, he or she usually has to go out of his or her way to make it happen.

So the question is, " What is worth commending?" The answer is obviously different for each individual.

Post #32   5/8/12 8:41:58PM   

NE-1

MMA Regular

NE-1 Avatar

Career:1,332-913
Camp: GSPeed on your face
Chips:

Posted by KungFuMaster

What is really interesting is the fact NE-1 simply made a comical statement - and for some reason other members have taken it too seriously which ultimately ignited a discussion whereby NE-1 was forced to defend or take the side in which he stated in his opening statement.

I have been a student for many years. In fact, so many - I should have a doctorate already.

Anyway, in the beginning of each semester, all professors will give their spills about how they will help you through this and through that...

It has been my experience the majority of professors say these wonderful and uplifting things in the beginning of the semester simply because they seem to be the appropriate things to say to students. Only a small minority of professors actually mean and come through on what they say.

Did Diaz do something worth commending? I'm sorry, Pmoney. I know the Diaz brothers are your boys and you know we are e-boys but IMO, it was not worth commending. In this situation, I consider what Diaz did - an appropriate thing to do and he did it. Good on him.

Thank you for recognizing my statement for what it was. His actions are worth acknowlegding in that he did something as opposed to nothing. I find it outlandish that such a minor consideration is being compared to financial contributions to the sum of tens of thousands and hundreds of thousands of dollars. It's a bit comical.

Post #33   5/8/12 11:16:11PM   

Shawn91111

Shawn91111 Avatar

Career:2,583-1,357
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by NE-1

Posted by KungFuMaster

Thank you for recognizing my statement for what it was. His actions are worth acknowlegding in that he did something as opposed to nothing. I find it outlandish that such a minor consideration is being compared to financial contributions to the sum of tens of thousands and hundreds of thousands of dollars. It's a bit comical.

Did they compare it to that?

Post #34   5/8/12 11:50:48PM   

DancingDoll

In Full Cowgirl

DancingDoll Avatar

Career:700-343
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
I dunno... he pointed out the shirt - it's a nice gesture, for sure. Rogan could have pointed out the shirt as well and nobody would have given him props for it. I can't imagine people rushing to buy the shirts just because Nate Diaz told them to. It's just promoting the cause in general and getting some air-time for it, which is a nice thing to do, so I'd never knock him for it. But if anyone other than a Diaz brother did this, nobody would think twice about it. Like imagine if GSP said the same thing after a fight, would anyone blink? No, you just expect classy things from certain guys. It's more because we don't expect Nate to care or be charitable that it's become newsworthy and applaudable... which isn't quite the same thing. But hey - nice to see him being the good guy, regardless.

Post #35   5/9/12 9:46:03AM   

Page 3 of 3     1     2     3