Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Nate Diaz supports Jim Miller’s nephew after scoring win at UFC on Fox 3

Print  
  Page 2 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:2,556-1,465
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by NE-1

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by NE-1

Maybe I was too busy thinking how much I dislike Diaz to notice this, but I missed it completely.

That being said, when I read the title "Diaz supports Miller's newphew" I thought it was a financial contribution. Alas that would have been too classy for Nate. I was nervous that I was going to have to give Diaz some credit for being a stand-up guy. Close one!

He made sure the first thing he did back from commercial break was to send that message to a national audience. I think that's pretty good on it's own.

I wouldn't be surprised if he made a contribution, but I'd guess that unless Jim or Dan Miller say it happened we will never know. I'm not a fan of the Brothers Diaz at all, but I'm not going to rip the guy after a nice gesture and say it wasn't enough. If you walk past a bell ringer at X-mas and drop in a some change would you want someone calling you out for not doing enough even though you just helped out? Don't be a hypocrite, and don't rush to judgement.

Did he drop some coins? I can do that crap all day. I'll stand in front of the bell ringer and tell people to help out and I'll expect everyone to pat my ass for doing so. Come on dude that's weak

The point is, he may have donated, we just don't know, and if he were to come out and say he did he'd look like a douche too. He did a solid thing by giving the shirt and the cause national TV time. Had Jim won it would have almost certainly gotten mentioned post fight. Since he lost, Diaz wanted to make sure it came up. A guy does something nice for someone and it gets ripped by people. It doesn't make sense to me. Let me ask you this: Had Nate bought one shirt would that have been enough for you to give him props? Now consider that he mentioned it on national TV. I figure with a national audience that at least 2 people would have seen that and googled it to see what it was about and bought a shirt. Then ask yourself this: Did you buy a shirt? Would you have bought a shirt, or would you have given a lot more than what they were asking for the shirt? And now the big question: Are you a hypocrite or a liar?

Post #16   5/7/12 12:57:12PM   

NE-1

MMA Regular

NE-1 Avatar

Career:1,332-913
Camp: GSPeed on your face
Chips:

Posted by cowcatcher

The point is, he may have donated, we just don't know, and if he were to come out and say he did he'd look like a douche too. He did a solid thing by giving the shirt and the cause national TV time. Had Jim won it would have almost certainly gotten mentioned post fight. Since he lost, Diaz wanted to make sure it came up. A guy does something nice for someone and it gets ripped by people. It doesn't make sense to me. Let me ask you this: Had Nate bought one shirt would that have been enough for you to give him props? Now consider that he mentioned it on national TV. I figure with a national audience that at least 2 people would have seen that and googled it to see what it was about and bought a shirt. Then ask yourself this: Did you buy a shirt? Would you have bought a shirt, or would you have given a lot more than what they were asking for the shirt? And now the big question: Are you a hypocrite or a liar?

It would be hypocritical of me to come out and say Diaz is a great guy for doing what he did. Mostly for the reason that I've seen him act like an ass on numerous occasions and have made it quite apparent how I feel about his antics.

But I am curious to know where you purchased your shirt.

Post #17   5/7/12 1:02:37PM   

Sir_Karl

MMA Sensei

Sir_Karl Avatar

Career:2,240-1,521
Chips:
Why the surprise? The Diaz brothers don't have horns, fangs or claws. They are human beings.

Post #18   5/7/12 1:40:36PM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:2,037-1,201
Chips:

Posted by Sir_Karl

Why the surprise? The Diaz brothers don't have horns, fangs or claws. They are human beings.

Why the surprise? All I ever see them do is pump up their chests and act like babies. More Nick then Nate. Nick never would have done this IMO but instead he would have mean mugged the camera and probably flipped the Miller boys off

Post #19   5/7/12 2:02:23PM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Chips:

Posted by NE-1

Posted by cowcatcher

It would be hypocritical of me to come out and say Diaz is a great guy for doing what he did. Mostly for the reason that I've seen him act like an ass on numerous occasions and have made it quite apparent how I feel about his antics.

But I am curious to know where you purchased your shirt.

I'm not the one knocking him, that's why I presented the question to you. I thought that was pretty straight forward.

Listen. I'm not a Diaz fan. or defender, but when I see someone knocking another guy for trying to help out with something I think it's fair to ask the basher what he's done for the cause. Is it not?

Post #20   5/7/12 2:58:01PM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Chips:
It's not a big deal, I just wanted to make the point that what he did was a good thing and even though a lot of us don't like the guy, we should acknowledge that he can do good without making hypocrites of ourselves. I've been guilty of that, just like everybody else.

Post #21   5/7/12 3:40:25PM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:2,037-1,201
Chips:

Posted by cowcatcher

It's not a big deal, I just wanted to make the point that what he did was a good thing and even though a lot of us don't like the guy, we should acknowledge that he can do good without making hypocrites of ourselves. I've been guilty of that, just like everybody else.

gotta spread the love

Post #22   5/7/12 4:19:35PM   

Kpro

I STAB WATERBEDS!

Kpro Avatar

Career:2,500-1,283
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Apparently to some he should've just not mentioned it and helped out his opponent's terminally ill relative in front of millions when he didn't have to. It's a shame some people see the world that way based on preconceived notions their own head doesn't recognize as a bias.

Post #23   5/7/12 5:54:37PM   

thevoodooninja

MMA Sensei

thevoodooninja Avatar

Career:1,052-681
Camp: Playground Mafia
Chips:

Posted by KungFuMaster

Posted by NE-1

Maybe I was too busy thinking how much I dislike Diaz to notice this, but I missed it completely.

That being said, when I read the title "Diaz supports Miller's newphew" I thought it was a financial contribution. Alas that would have been too classy for Nate. I was nervous that I was going to have to give Diaz some credit for being a stand-up guy. Close one!

I would give you a prop but I doubt you will notice it or see my post.

i gave him a prop

Post #24   5/7/12 5:58:22PM   

NE-1

MMA Regular

NE-1 Avatar

Career:1,332-913
Camp: GSPeed on your face
Chips:

Posted by cowcatcher

Last post from me on this subject.

If you look at my original post you will see that I was more put off by the title than anything. However, you won't see me commend Diaz for doing the ABSOLUTE BARE MINIMUM to draw attention to Miller's plite. I think that one gesture was overshadowed by his show boating and poor sportsmanship during the fight.

If you feel the need to now coin him a philanthropist that's your perogative, but don't accuse everyone of being a hypocrite for not being persuaded into thinking the same thing. Diaz one "nice" gesture is but a drop in the bucket compared to the body of work indicating that he behaves otherwise.

Post #25   5/7/12 7:37:11PM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,304-1,218
Chips:
This reminds me of when Dana White donated $10,000 (or whatever it was) to help pay for a terminally ill child's hospital bills.

The haters shouted, "He should pay more" and "That's not enough".

Meanwhile, people with half a brain commended him for his actions.

Post #26   5/7/12 8:22:11PM   

Boo_Radley21

Heavyweight Champ

Boo_Radley21 Avatar

Career:605-425
Chips:

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by NE-1

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by NE-1

He made sure the first thing he did back from commercial break was to send that message to a national audience. I think that's pretty good on it's own.

I wouldn't be surprised if he made a contribution, but I'd guess that unless Jim or Dan Miller say it happened we will never know. I'm not a fan of the Brothers Diaz at all, but I'm not going to rip the guy after a nice gesture and say it wasn't enough. If you walk past a bell ringer at X-mas and drop in a some change would you want someone calling you out for not doing enough even though you just helped out? Don't be a hypocrite, and don't rush to judgement.

Did he drop some coins? I can do that crap all day. I'll stand in front of the bell ringer and tell people to help out and I'll expect everyone to pat my ass for doing so. Come on dude that's weak

or a douchebag

Post #27   5/8/12 9:55:35AM   

Svartorm

Hammer of the Gods

Svartorm Avatar

Career:2,077-1,253
Chips:

Posted by emfleek

This reminds me of when Dana White donated $10,000 (or whatever it was) to help pay for a terminally ill child's hospital bills.

The haters shouted, "He should pay more" and "That's not enough".

Meanwhile, people with half a brain commended him for his actions.

It is kind of funny, but I'll be honest and say I've thought similar things.

Floyd Mayweather gave $100,000 to Habitat for Humanity recently. He also was paid $32,000,000 for his fight with Cotto. If you break it down, that's like someone who makes $50,000 a year donating $75 to a charity in a year. It's a nice gesture for sure, but I wouldn't celebrate it because it has absolutely zero financial repercussions for him.

Diaz pointed out the shirt. Was it nice? Yes. Was it hard to do so or had an impact on him? No. Would I have gained a huge amount of respect for him if he'd donated his win bonus or SOTN bonus to the charity? You're damn right.

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts
Cage Rage 23 - 6th in Pts
Secondary League Season 3 - 12th in Pts
Secondary League Season 7 - 16th in Wagers
Primary League Season 7 - 26th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 6 - 30th in Pts
Secondary League Season 1 - 31st in Pts
Primary League Season 6 - 39th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 7 - 41st in Pts

Post #28   5/8/12 11:52:30AM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Career:1,887-1,050
Chips:
People dont give of themselves often, but when they do... it's never enough in the minds of those people who gave nothing.

Post #29   5/8/12 3:00:18PM   

Svartorm

Hammer of the Gods

Svartorm Avatar

Career:2,077-1,253
Chips:
I'm not speaking as a hypocrite either, for the record. I've run fundraisers and donated a lot of money (considering my income) to things I believe in. I feel that people that have a great deal of disposable income should be a bit more giving of that. Mayweather dropping $100,000 on a charity is nice of him....until you consider in the same episode of 24/7, he buys his fiance $11,000 high heels.

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts
Cage Rage 23 - 6th in Pts
Secondary League Season 3 - 12th in Pts
Secondary League Season 7 - 16th in Wagers
Primary League Season 7 - 26th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 6 - 30th in Pts
Secondary League Season 1 - 31st in Pts
Primary League Season 6 - 39th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 7 - 41st in Pts

Post #30   5/8/12 3:16:41PM   

Page 2 of 3     1     2     3