Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Nate Diaz supports Jim Miller’s nephew after scoring win at UFC on Fox 3

Print  
  Page 1 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

Kpro

I STAB WATERBEDS!

Kpro Avatar

Career:2,409-1,229
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Nate Diaz scored a big win at UFC on Fox 3, submitting Jim Miller in the second round of the main event. Immediately after the bout, Diaz showed excellent sportsmanship. He pointed to Miller's shirt and said to the camera, "Buy those shirts! Support the cause!"

Diaz was referring to Miller's walkout shirt and his nephew. Miller's infant nephew Danny has polycystic kidney disease, and $10 of every walkout shirt sold will be donated to the Danny Miller Foundation to help him and other children with kidney disease. Several UFC fighters have donated memorabilia to auction off to get Danny closer to a kidney transplant, but the family still needs help.

Diaz knew that, and pushed his opponent's cause on national, network television.

LINK

Post #1   5/6/12 10:01:44PM   

infestructure

NOW KITH

infestructure Avatar

Career:730-442
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
In New Zealand, he would be called a GC (good cunt) -it's a term of endearment (seriously).

Unlike a Diaz to be noble in victory. Much respect.

Nate>Nick

Post #2   5/6/12 10:20:15PM   

Chael_Sonnen

Follow.The.Buzzards

Chael_Sonnen Avatar

Career:1,277-785
Chips:
What was more impressive, the beating Diaz put on Miller or Nate thanking all of California in his post fight speech?

Post #3   5/6/12 10:40:28PM   

FastKnockout

THE RUTHLESS ONE

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,665-930
Chips:
Fantastic show of sportsmanship. Nate gets a in my book.

Post #4   5/6/12 11:13:04PM   

Budgellism

Raptors Fan

Budgellism Avatar

Career:2,716-1,550
Chips:
Good move on his part.

Post #5   5/6/12 11:14:47PM   

Poor_Franklin

Slight Reach Advantage

Poor_Franklin Avatar

Career:1,424-810
Chips:
awesome!

UFC 151: Never Forget

Post #6   5/6/12 11:50:33PM   

pmoney

P$ Pimpin'

pmoney Avatar

Career:1,439-874
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by infestructure

In New Zealand, he would be called a GC (good cunt) -it's a term of endearment (seriously).

That is one of the best things I have ever heard!

Nate really did show some great class emploring everyone to buy Jim's shirts after the fight. The Millers seem to be really great guys.

Post #7   5/6/12 11:59:27PM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:1,960-1,164
Chips:

Posted by pmoney

Posted by infestructure

That is one of the best things I have ever heard!

Nate really did show some great class emploring everyone to buy Jim's shirts after the fight. The Millers seem to be really great guys.

That's the main reason i like the Miller boys, their just your everyday guy that goes to work and comes home. Big Props to Nate for recognizing something bigger then the sport

Post #8   5/7/12 12:24:14AM   

NE-1

MMA Regular

NE-1 Avatar

Career:1,332-913
Camp: GSPeed on your face
Chips:
Maybe I was too busy thinking how much I dislike Diaz to notice this, but I missed it completely.

That being said, when I read the title "Diaz supports Miller's newphew" I thought it was a financial contribution. Alas that would have been too classy for Nate. I was nervous that I was going to have to give Diaz some credit for being a stand-up guy. Close one!

Post #9   5/7/12 9:48:04AM   

KungFuMaster

Heavyweight Champ

KungFuMaster Avatar

Career:423-341
Camp: The Lone Ranger(s)
Chips:

Posted by NE-1

Maybe I was too busy thinking how much I dislike Diaz to notice this, but I missed it completely.

That being said, when I read the title "Diaz supports Miller's newphew" I thought it was a financial contribution. Alas that would have been too classy for Nate. I was nervous that I was going to have to give Diaz some credit for being a stand-up guy. Close one!

I would give you a prop but I doubt you will notice it or see my post.

Post #10   5/7/12 12:35:55PM   

NE-1

MMA Regular

NE-1 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by KungFuMaster

Posted by NE-1

I would give you a prop but I doubt you will notice it or see my post.

I'll be refreshing the page until my props go up to 15

Post #11   5/7/12 12:38:29PM   

KungFuMaster

Heavyweight Champ

KungFuMaster Avatar

Career:423-341
Camp: The Lone Ranger(s)
Chips:
It's amazing what we will do for a prop.

Post #12   5/7/12 12:42:07PM   

NE-1

MMA Regular

NE-1 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by KungFuMaster

It's amazing what we will do for a prop.

SCORE!!!!

Thx man

Post #13   5/7/12 12:43:52PM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:2,487-1,427
Chips:

Posted by NE-1

He made sure the first thing he did back from commercial break was to send that message to a national audience. I think that's pretty good on it's own.

I wouldn't be surprised if he made a contribution, but I'd guess that unless Jim or Dan Miller say it happened we will never know. I'm not a fan of the Brothers Diaz at all, but I'm not going to rip the guy after a nice gesture and say it wasn't enough. If you walk past a bell ringer at X-mas and drop in a some change would you want someone calling you out for not doing enough even though you just helped out? Don't be a hypocrite, and don't rush to judgement.

Last edited 5/7/12 12:44PM server time by cowcatcher
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #14   5/7/12 12:44:33PM   

NE-1

MMA Regular

NE-1 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by NE-1

He made sure the first thing he did back from commercial break was to send that message to a national audience. I think that's pretty good on it's own.

I wouldn't be surprised if he made a contribution, but I'd guess that unless Jim or Dan Miller say it happened we will never know. I'm not a fan of the Brothers Diaz at all, but I'm not going to rip the guy after a nice gesture and say it wasn't enough. If you walk past a bell ringer at X-mas and drop in a some change would you want someone calling you out for not doing enough even though you just helped out? Don't be a hypocrite, and don't rush to judgement.

Did he drop some coins? I can do that crap all day. I'll stand in front of the bell ringer and tell people to help out and I'll expect everyone to pat my ass for doing so. Come on dude that's weak

Post #15   5/7/12 12:48:59PM   

Page 1 of 3     1     2     3