Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Bobby Green To Replace Billy Evangelista At May 19 Strikeforce Grand Prix Finale

Print  
Posted By Message

sparky

AV BET Record: 39-9

sparky Avatar

Career:2,690-1,482
Camp: Team Fry Guy
Chips:
A lightweight bout scheduled for this months Strikeforce World Grand Prix Heavyweight Tournament Final has seen a change of opponents as former King of the Cage champ Bobby Green (17-5) has been tagged as a replacement for promotion vet Billy Evangelista.

Green will now face James ‘Intensity’ Terry (11-4) on the Strikeforce card and could make the main card Showtime broadcast.

Strikeforce: Barnett vs. Cormier is expected to take place on May 19, 2012 at the HP Pavilion in San Jose, California. The main card will air on Showtime at 10pm EST/PST (tape delay on the West Coast), while the prelim card is expected to air live on Showtime Extreme.

Link

Post #1   5/3/12 11:22:56AM   

Wallass

MMA Sensei

Wallass Avatar

Career:2,171-1,277
Camp: Canada's Finest
Chips:
Green may not be a world beater but dudes totally game and always has fun fights. Anyone remember him vs Dan Lauzon from Affliction? Plus he's got the same name as my favorite N.E.R.D song!

Post #2   5/3/12 11:52:42AM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:2,487-1,427
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by Wallass

Green may not be a world beater but dudes totally game and always has fun fights. Anyone remember him vs Dan Lauzon from Affliction? Plus he's got the same name as my favorite N.E.R.D song!

I remember many nut shots in that fight with Lauzon. You're right, he is a game fighter and should have no problems at least hanging with the mid tier guys in SF, if not doing well there.

Post #3   5/3/12 12:19:35PM