Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

*New Shogun interview

Print  
Posted By Message

Manfred

MMA Sensei

Manfred Avatar

Career:596-351
Chips:
Shogun Interview (Translation from a Sherdogger)

There are some rumors that you are going to fight in UFC 72. There is anything certain about that?

I signed with Pride and UFC. I'm waiting them set up where and when i'll fight. From now it's just rumors that i'm going to fight in UFC 72, but i hope this happen. I'm training, i'm ready to fight.

Who is going to win in UFC 71, Lidell or Jackson?

Liddell has improved, but i put my money on Quinton. I think he is going to use his ground n' pound. He has a good gnp and strikes when he is standing. So i think Quinton will win.

Would you like to face someone of them?

Absolutely. My goal for this year is the belt, Pride or UFC, wherever. And if one of them holding the belt, i wanna face them.

You followed the last Fury Fc, who is the best name to win the 83kg GP?

Daniel Acacio and Toquinho, definitely. Both are improving a lot and they are the most skilled. But i think everyone can win this GP. In a fight suprises can happen.

Do you think it's going to be hard to adapt to UFC rules?

I don't think so. I fought twice under this rules and it didn't affect me. I fought Alistair and Randleman under this rules and there were no problems.

What do you think about NapĆ£o victory over Cro Cop?

He is excellente and he has all the necessary to take the belt.. Everyone knew he is better on the matt, but he surprised everyone with his standing game, nobody expected that. I think he is better than Couture. Couture has no weapons to beat Napao.

What about Wanderlei, he'll be back only in 2008?

We're training together and he is avaiable to fight for the events. If someone comes with a good offer, i think he fight this year. A fighter like him can't stay out of the ring.

What do you expect about your brother fight in EliteXC?

He is in his prime. No he can fight weighting 88kg. I think he is going to make an excelent fight and bring this belt.

source: tatame.com

Post #1   5/24/07 2:02:03PM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Career:1,959-1,091
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
ive been wanting to hear from shogun for a long time now. Good post bud

Post #2   5/24/07 2:13:47PM   

omer4176

Learning to Sprawl

omer4176 Avatar

Career:48-27
Camp: TapUOut
Chips:
Good post... Shogun is the future Light Heavyweight champ in UFC. Cant wait to see him in UFC!!!!!

Post #3   5/24/07 11:13:49PM   

rcg916

He's Back...

rcg916 Avatar

Career:523-269
Chips:
thanks for this...

Post #4   5/24/07 11:51:20PM   

hollywood1978

Learning to Sprawl

hollywood1978 Avatar

Career:297-199
Camp: Team Big Where It Counts
Chips:
Liddell vs. Shogun is so much more intriguing that Liddell vs. Wand in my opinion. Once the new fans see him in action nobody will argue that.

Post #5   5/25/07 3:41:24AM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:2,686-1,525
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
im a little surprised that he thinks GG is that much better than randy, but nevertheless great find

Post #6   5/25/07 10:03:53AM