Today's Topics Unanswered Topics Avatar Bets Search PM's My Props Member Directory Premium Members Recent Polls Subscriptions Rules

Sponsors

NSAC denies Alistair Overeem fight license for period of nine months

Page 2 of 2     1     2  
NSAC denies Alistair Overeem fight license for period of nine months
Posted By Message

sparky
Heavyweight Champ

sparky Avatar

Career record: 1229-635
Season: 28-11 (#1)
Bankroll: $3,325 (#143)
5413 posts
Joined 7/07

Posted by airkerma

Posted by sparky

Posted by papercut

I'm wondering why everyone is so quick to see overeem get the boot from the ufc. there are several fighters who have been popped the night of the fight and who had been suspended by the commission but weren't booted from the ufc. so how is overeems case worse than those?

Some People just like to hate even though they dont follow whats really going on pure ignorance to me, they just go and look shit up on the net so they dont seem out of the loop.

If i recall Leben has been busted twice for PED and hes still around Chael was busted on a the night of his title fight and he's getting another title fight.

Imo, because the fighters you're listing never fcked up an entire card. Marquardt screwed up a main event, and got booted. Overeem has taken away 3 fights, including one of the most anticipated hw striking bouts the UFC has put together. Not only does it suck for the fans, but as others have posted, it sucks for the fighters who are getting switched around. Further, with such an anticipated bout that will not occur on schedule (if at all), the UFC has plenty of reason to be unhappy with him. I don't think it is correct to call the people who would like to see him dismissed "haters", as they have real reasons to be annoyed, not just "oh he done did teh JUICES". Finally, if fighters are cut for missing weight, why shouldn't a fighter be cut for missing the mark on his drug test?

Then Chael should be gone he tested positive and he was main event and so did Leben he tested positive after a main event the only difference is Overeem didnt fight and then get busted he pissed dirty for whatever reason and removed himself from the fight to me that seems like the professional thing to do.

Post #16   4/25/12 9:46:58AM   

sparky
Heavyweight Champ

sparky Avatar

Career record: 1229-635
Season: 28-11 (#1)
Bankroll: $3,325 (#143)
5413 posts
Joined 7/07

Posted by airkerma

Posted by sparky

Posted by papercut

I'm wondering why everyone is so quick to see overeem get the boot from the ufc. there are several fighters who have been popped the night of the fight and who had been suspended by the commission but weren't booted from the ufc. so how is overeems case worse than those?

Some People just like to hate even though they dont follow whats really going on pure ignorance to me, they just go and look shit up on the net so they dont seem out of the loop.

If i recall Leben has been busted twice for PED and hes still around Chael was busted on a the night of his title fight and he's getting another title fight.

Imo, because the fighters you're listing never fcked up an entire card. Marquardt screwed up a main event, and got booted. Overeem has taken away 3 fights, including one of the most anticipated hw striking bouts the UFC has put together. Not only does it suck for the fans, but as others have posted, it sucks for the fighters who are getting switched around. Further, with such an anticipated bout that will not occur on schedule (if at all), the UFC has plenty of reason to be unhappy with him. I don't think it is correct to call the people who would like to see him dismissed "haters", as they have real reasons to be annoyed, not just "oh he done did teh JUICES". Finally, if fighters are cut for missing weight, why shouldn't a fighter be cut for missing the mark on his drug test?

I understand where your coming from bro but I love the REEM and everyone has me RATTLED

Post #17   4/25/12 9:50:58AM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Username:

Password:

Keep me logged in