Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Lorenzo Fertitta Claims That Rashad Evans Believed Dana White Was Betting On Jon Jones

Print  
Posted By Message

FastKnockout

$ Impin' Ain't Easy $

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,722-963
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
UFC executives are continuing to discuss their reaction to a story on the MMA blog CagePotato that the promotion alleges gave the misleading and incorrect impression that UFC president Dana White was betting on the UFC 145 headliner between Jon Jones and Rashad Evans.

The UFC demanded a formal retraction and CagePotato obliged.

UFC CEO Lorenzo Fertitta spoke to USA TODAY's Sergio Non about the story and the promotion's response.

"We had a flurry of people contacting us through e-mail, Twitter. Rashad throwing a complete fit ... and then Dana having to call him to calm him down. If (people) thought it was just satire, we wouldn't have had that reaction," said Fertitta."

"Dana had to talk to Rashad on the phone for 30 minutes to calm him down, to tell him, 'Are you crazy? There's no way I would ever bet on a fight or bet against you,' " Fertitta says."

LINK

Post #1   4/19/12 3:34:03PM   

Twenty20Dollars

Heavyweight Champ

Career:1,572-1,001
Chips:
Rashad is a baby. Boohoo, go cry in timeout.

Just shut your mouth and fight.

Post #2   4/19/12 4:15:29PM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:1,991-1,181
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
MAN I can't wait for this all to be over and done. Really kinda sick of talking about it beings I don't like either guy. But news does have to be reported so its a necessary evil

Post #3   4/19/12 6:30:58PM   

Manak

Belt Contender

Manak Avatar

Career:164-106
Camp: UFC-PRIDE-MMA
Chips:

Posted by prophecy033

MAN I can't wait for this all to be over and done. Really kinda sick of talking about it beings I don't like either guy. But news does have to be reported so its a necessary evil

seriously this will go down has the most butt hurt of feelings instead of the actual fight

Post #4   4/19/12 6:52:05PM