Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

New TV deal could bring more UFC events to U.K.

Print  
Posted By Message

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Career:2,787-1,542
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
The UFC doesn't care about the U.K., or so say fans across the Pond who've seen events in Europe slow to a trickle in the past two years.

"Every time I get on Twitter or whatever, I see the U.K. fans, 'They don't care about us. They don't care about this market,'" UFC president Dana White said. "Same thing with Ireland. Of course we do."

But until the current TV situation changes, White can't promise anything before the promotion's current deal expires in August.

That's when a contract between the UFC and ESPN's U.K. branch expires, and as UFC managing director of international development Marshall Zelaznik previously indicated to MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com), more events could be on the way with a new TV partner.

Or a new deal could be struck with ESPN, which has broadcast UFC events since 2009. A U.K. event targeted for the third quarter of this year falls within the timeframe when a new deal could be struck with either network...

Full Story

Post #1   4/17/12 1:32:25AM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:2,016-1,193
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
beat me to it by a minute

Post #2   4/17/12 1:37:43AM