Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Keith Jardine: The Fighter Who Always Said Yes

Print  
Posted By Message

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:1,960-1,164
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Having a reputation as a fighter that will always step up whenever the UFC or Strikeforce asks you to can be a commendable thing in the sport of MMA.

Most fighters in the industry know it as an unspoken rule, but Zuffa officials love fighters who will step up and help save a fight card when injury strikes or something pops up on late notice that requires someone take a chance.

Throughout Keith Jardine‘s long career from his days in King of the Cage to his stint on the second season of The Ultimate Fighter to his recent Strikeforce fights, he’s always been the fighter willing to say “yes.”

Link

Post #1   4/8/12 7:19:17PM   

Wallass

MMA Sensei

Wallass Avatar

Career:2,171-1,277
Camp: Canada's Finest
Chips:
I still remember arguing with my buddy that Jardine was a gimme fight for Chuck and then Jardine proved me wrong not to mention his destruction of Forrest. Despite his spotty record of late, dudes a gamer and had quite the career.

Post #2   4/8/12 8:55:49PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,339-1,246
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Always been a dean of mean fan
That lidell vs jardine fight still to me was one of the biggest upsets I have seen live. That and probably
Russow vs duffee

Post #3   4/9/12 12:34:42AM   

tcunningham

Combat Sport and Fitness

tcunningham Avatar

Career:508-351
Chips:
the dude is incredibly awkward, very durable, and hits hard. always fun to watch, wish he was still in the ufc

Post #4   4/9/12 1:59:50AM   

Wallass

MMA Sensei

Wallass Avatar

Career:2,171-1,277
Camp: Canada's Finest
Chips:
Also the first fighter I'd ever seen use the leg kicks to win fights.

Post #5   4/9/12 8:50:01AM   

jjeans

Emma Watson Picture Incoming

jjeans Avatar

Career:1,126-675
Chips:
He also had surprisingly good takedown defence Rashad struggled to get him down... So did Hamill etc etc!

He'd have been an incredible guy if he had a better chin...

Thiago Silva nuthugger.

Admin of MMA Memes of Facebook. A Roundtable Analyst on The MMA Podcast. Journalist for MMA Mental.

Dirty Blue #DoItForWatson

Post #6   4/9/12 9:00:03AM   

airkerma

KE Released in MAtter

airkerma Avatar

Career:1,007-579
Chips:
"The fighter whos chin stopped saying yes"
Other than Chuck, there aren't too many better examples of a guy who has taken one too many and simply can't withstand the beatings anymore. He sure got knocked out a lot, but he was always game and was in some fantastic fights.

Post #7   4/9/12 9:20:54AM   

ghandikush

MMA Sensei

ghandikush Avatar

Career:118-71
Chips:

Posted by airkerma

"The fighter whos chin stopped saying yes"
Other than Chuck, there aren't too many better examples of a guy who has taken one too many and simply can't withstand the beatings anymore. He sure got knocked out a lot, but he was always game and was in some fantastic fights.

I think his chin never said yes, just got hit by better and better fighters.

Post #8   4/9/12 12:51:56PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:

Posted by jjeans

He also had surprisingly good takedown defence Rashad struggled to get him down... So did Hamill etc etc!

so did Bader after the first round

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #9   4/9/12 7:13:55PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:
Keith Jardine is my all time favourite fighter (I'll pause for laughs). His KO of Forrest Griffin got me into the sport and I will always ride his war wagon, regardless of circumstance. I really wish his chin was a little better, but I blame Wiuff for cracking it very early on in his career

He stepped up to fight Rampage, when Rampage was actually relevant and wanted to fight, since Rashad turned it down so he can hold onto the belt longer and fight an "easier" opponent in Machida

Last edited 4/9/12 7:17PM server time by bubbles
Edit note/reason: n/a

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #10   4/9/12 7:16:55PM