Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Munoz: TRT is cheating

Print  
Posted By Message

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:2,114-1,232
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
"It's cheating. I think it's cheating. I think anything that's synthetic that you put in your body is cheating. Get it from food, get it from training. That stuff jacks you up when you're done. For me, I'm a family man, I have kids, I have a wife and I want to be there for them at the end. I think when you take PEDs or anything like that, it cuts your life short. When it becomes like that, it's almost hedonistic. It's not a sport anymore. It becomes more than a sport and it shouldn't be like that.

Link

Post #1   4/8/12 2:58:51PM   

Chael_Sonnen

Follow.The.Buzzards

Chael_Sonnen Avatar

Career:1,277-785
Chips:
Since when is TRT considered cheating

Educate yourself people before spewing from your pie holes.

Post #2   4/8/12 4:22:59PM   

Sir_Karl

MMA Sensei

Sir_Karl Avatar

Career:2,324-1,566
Chips:
First off.....Chael...just because you believe something...it doesn't make it a fact. I myself also feel TRT is cheating. It is natural for men to lose Testosterone throughout the course of their life. Artificially boosting it back up isn't natural and it gives those who do it an edge over those who don't. The UFC allows certain levels...if a fighter goes beyond those levels he or she is considered to have an unfair advantage and ultimately they have to face the consequences of their attempted deception or their foolish mistake. It is NOT a fact that TRT isn't cheating....that is only an opinion...and opinions are like A-Holes. I have to agree with Munoz though.

Post #3   4/8/12 4:42:23PM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Career:1,928-1,077
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
I think it should honestly be allowed for all(short of those with a history of steroid abuse), if it's allowed for any.

The average guy has a T/E ratio of 1:1, and say these guys are just awesome on average and score a T/E ratio of 2:1. The TRT users are allowed to go up to 6:1. Everyone in the UFC who isn't doping is going to have low testosterone by these standards. So let em all use it or let none. That would be my vote.

But yeah, in the end my vote matters for not. And some things you just got to hate the game, and not the player. Gotta make peace with the establishment or else you get disenfranchised.

Post #4   4/8/12 5:23:15PM   

jjeans

Emma Watson Picture Incoming

jjeans Avatar

Career:1,205-723
Chips:

Posted by Sir_Karl

First off.....Chael...just because you believe something...it doesn't make it a fact. I myself also feel TRT is cheating. It is natural for men to lose Testosterone throughout the course of their life. Artificially boosting it back up isn't natural and it gives those who do it an edge over those who don't. The UFC allows certain levels...if a fighter goes beyond those levels he or she is considered to have an unfair advantage and ultimately they have to face the consequences of their attempted deception or their foolish mistake. It is NOT a fact that TRT isn't cheating....that is only an opinion...and opinions are like A-Holes. I have to agree with Munoz though.

Personally I agree with you that TRT is rule breaking

But don't bad mouth Chael. He's one of the few negative people who are hilarious. And he speaks his honest and first opinion. Everyone's invited to there opinion, his opinion is ironic. Personally I love Chael_Sonnen and you should rarely ever take his opinion that seriously! Just laugh and loosen up! This is the PG not wherever!

Dirty Blue

Post #5   4/8/12 8:00:18PM   

tcunningham

Combat Sport and Fitness

tcunningham Avatar

Career:535-379
Chips:
not cheating when used correctly. easily abused though

Post #6   4/9/12 1:53:42AM   

airkerma

KE Released in MAtter

airkerma Avatar

Career:1,104-641
Chips:
Good posts all around. I think between pookie and the hougland war wagon, you guys have it spot on. TRT in itself is not cheating, but 6:1 is not replacement, it's enhancement. I don't know how people can keep a straight face and call it replacement when they have higher levels than anyone naturally does. I don't think it should be banned, but the levels need to be reduced, otherwise it is roiding in a sense, as it is no longer a form of therapy.

Post #7   4/9/12 9:46:56AM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,598-933
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Personally, I'm against it even if its just used "to get back to normal levels."

Low testosterone is part of the male ageing process. I don't consider it a valid excuse to use PEDs.

After all, if I were a particularly weak person, by this same logic I could say "The other fighters have more muscle mass than me. Therefore I need to used steroids to get my muscle mass up to 'normal levels.'"

Post #8   4/9/12 5:19:52PM