Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

UFC 146's Mark Hunt flattered, but thinks Frank Mir is getting title shot

Print  
Posted By Message

Budgellism

Raptors Fan

Budgellism Avatar

Career:2,716-1,550
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Mark Hunt is flattered there's a Twitter campaign to get him a title fight with Junior Dos Santos at UFC 146.

To clear things up, he hasn't been asked and is pretty sure he won't get the opportunity. But hey, it's a nice idea.

"Yeah, I don't think I'll get that call," he today told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) of the possible vacancy on the May 26 pay-per-view card. "But there's a good rally. I've got about 300 followers now on Twitter, which is pretty cool."

Hunt's name has been bounced around the social-media site – complete with the #RallyForMarkHunt hash tag – since Alistair Overeem failed a pre-fight drug test put a headliner with champ Dos Santos in the lurch. (The Nevada State Athletic Commission wants him to explain why his testosterone-to-epitestosterone ratio came in at 14:1, well over the 6:1 limit allowed. As of yet, Overeem has not contacted the NSAC or commented publicly.)

"The Super Samoan" wasn't necessarily surprised at news that Overeem had been flagged.

"I didn't think it was horsemeat he was eating," Hunt said. "I think Alistair really [expletive] that [expletive] up. Just like (Josh) Barnett when he [expletive] that [expletive] up.

"But they always come back. I'm sure there's a lot of people using stuff to get ahead. It's a cutthroat business."

LINK

Post #1   4/5/12 8:32:34PM   

infestructure

NOW KITH

infestructure Avatar

Career:730-442
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Mark handles himself well. He knows he is a fighter, not a talker.

After he turns Struves chin, enough people will have noticed his striking for him to get his shot.

If Struve subs him, he wil rise up again, everyone loves a brawler..

Post #2   4/5/12 9:39:07PM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Career:1,841-1,016
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Hah that's awesome. I was online when the thread popped up on bloodyelbow for the #rallyformarkhunt twitter campaign. Within one day the guy hears about it and responds.

Post #3   4/5/12 10:16:45PM   

tcunningham

Combat Sport and Fitness

tcunningham Avatar

Career:508-351
Chips:
ive seen hunt take shots that no other fighter could take, except roy nelson, and still stay standing. there is no way i would bet against junior if he fought hunt, but if anybody has the power to catch somebody and knock them out, its hunt. i hope he beats the hell out of struve.

Post #4   4/6/12 2:24:13AM   

gartface

Heavyweight Champ

gartface Avatar

Career:1,406-898
Camp: Hand Grenade Hillbillies
Chips:

Posted by tcunningham

ive seen hunt take shots that no other fighter could take, except roy nelson, and still stay standing. there is no way i would bet against junior if he fought hunt, but if anybody has the power to catch somebody and knock them out, its hunt. i hope he beats the hell out of struve.

Mark Hunt also got knocked out in 18 seconds by a middleweight more recently than he's displayed that iron chin.

Last edited 4/6/12 9:50AM server time by gartface
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #5   4/6/12 9:17:05AM   

Bythar

MMA Regular

Bythar Avatar

Career:1,716-903
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Mark Hunt also got knocked out in 18 seconds by a middleweight more recently than he's displayed that iron chin.

Find me someone who hits harder than Manhoef, in any weight division...

Last edited 4/6/12 10:01AM server time by bythar
2 total post edits

Post #6   4/6/12 9:59:20AM   

Manak

Belt Contender

Manak Avatar

Career:164-106
Camp: UFC-PRIDE-MMA
Chips:

Posted by Bythar

or has taken a full blown Cro Cop LHK when cc was in his prime, and still be standing. Hunt's chin is the last thing any should question about him

Last edited 4/6/12 10:18AM server time by manak

Post #7   4/6/12 10:18:44AM   

gartface

Heavyweight Champ

gartface Avatar

Career:1,406-898
Camp: Hand Grenade Hillbillies
Chips:

Posted by Manak

Posted by Bythar

or has taken a full blown Cro Cop LHK when cc was in his prime, and still be standing. Hunt's chin is the last thing any should question about him

Ummm, do you guys not remember what Junior Dos Santos did to Werdum and Velasquez? I'd say that Junior hits pretty damn hard.

Post #8   4/6/12 12:28:13PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:

Posted by Bythar

Hendo, JDS, Carwin to start

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #9   4/6/12 2:32:36PM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Career:1,841-1,016
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Hendo and Carwin don't have the accuracy that Manhoef does. The shot that put hunt down was perfectly placed, and hunt had his own body weight going into that blow as well.

Post #10   4/6/12 3:40:40PM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,496-876
Chips:
Looks like Hunt has more sense than his fans do.

Post #11   4/6/12 3:47:59PM   

Bythar

MMA Regular

Bythar Avatar

Career:1,716-903
Chips:

Posted by gartface

Posted by Manak

Posted by Bythar

Ummm, do you guys not remember what Junior Dos Santos did to Werdum and Velasquez? I'd say that Junior hits pretty damn hard.

I'm not saying that JDS wouldn't be able to hurt Hunt, or that Hunt is even close to deserving a title shot, just that it is unfair to suggest that his chin is shot after going down to some of the heaviest shots I remember seeing.

Last edited 4/7/12 6:17AM server time by bythar

Post #12   4/7/12 6:17:32AM