Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

IF Overeem vs. JDS Is Scrapped, Who should replace Overeem?

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

BuffaloDave

Heavyweight Champ

BuffaloDave Avatar

Career:917-519
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
With the bombshell that was dropped this afternoon, with Overeem's "A" sample having a greater T/E level 10:1 and the title fight with Dos Santos most likely being called off, Who should replace Overeem against JDS?

I would have Hunt step in. Now Hunt may not have beaten any top 10 opponents to garner that, but neither did Brock when he fought Randy for the title.

Post #1   4/4/12 8:25:48PM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Career:1,910-1,061
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by BuffaloDave
neither did Brock when he fought Randy for the title.

Or Mir when he fought Big Nog for the title.

I'd second Hunt. I even Joined Twitter so i could join in on the #Rallyformarkhunt tweet wagon to dana white.

Post #2   4/4/12 8:42:59PM   

Budgellism

Randy

Budgellism Avatar

Career:2,900-1,652
Chips:
I'd go with Frank Mur and have Werdum, Hunt or Carwin step in to fight Cain. That sounds almost too good to be true though so we'll see.

Last edited 4/4/12 8:45PM server time by budgellism
Edit note/reason: n/a
2 total post edits

Post #3   4/4/12 8:44:01PM   

warglory

Heavyweight Champ

warglory Avatar

Career:535-344
Chips:

Post #4   4/4/12 8:50:40PM   

BuffaloDave

Heavyweight Champ

BuffaloDave Avatar

Career:917-519
Chips:

Posted by warglory

Both HMC's and Antonio Silva's heads wouldn't be able to fit in the MGM Grand Arena, I mean that literally not figuratively.

Post #5   4/4/12 8:56:18PM   

Twenty20Dollars

Heavyweight Champ

Career:1,572-1,001
Chips:
I think Mir will be put in, but I'd rather see Hunt.

Post #6   4/4/12 9:51:53PM   

TeamDEY

Belt Contender

TeamDEY Avatar

Career:152-124
Chips:
Hunt would be crazy.

Post #7   4/4/12 10:22:40PM   

aussiemma

Soup is not a meal

aussiemma Avatar

Career:713-394
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by BuffaloDave

I would have Hunt step in. Now Hunt may not have beaten any top 10 opponents to garner that, but neither did Brock when he fought Randy for the title.

i really like hunt and think he has probably the best hands alone in the hw division next to jds BUT, have you heard the guy give a post fight interview ? he has about a 6 word vocabulary...the ufc needs to market their champion and challenger and hunt just aint the guy to do it.

Post #8   4/4/12 10:49:57PM   

aussiemma

Soup is not a meal

aussiemma Avatar

Career:713-394
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
what about hendo ?? i dunno about the rest of you guys but i would love to see him against jds...he would bring it 100% for sure aswell. dont think ufc would allow it though, not for a title anyway.

probably mir sounds the go but that fight doesnt really get me going...im looking forward to mir vs cain more.

Post #9   4/4/12 10:54:19PM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:2,590-1,480
Chips:

Posted by aussiemma

what about hendo ?? i dunno about the rest of you guys but i would love to see him against jds...he would bring it 100% for sure aswell. dont think ufc would allow it though, not for a title anyway.

probably mir sounds the go but that fight doesnt really get me going...im looking forward to mir vs cain more.

shawn9111 jokingly said the same thing in another thread, but I don't hate that idea at all. It probably won't happen though.

I think Mir deserves it., but I'd like to see Hunt in there too, if for no other reason, because it would be a fun stand up fight to watch.

If either Barney or Cormier get scratched from their fight sometime soon there could be another body to fill one of the main card slots should Mir get the shot.

This whole thing sucks though, the original fight looked to be so, so good. Damn tainted horse meat.

Last edited 4/5/12 12:04AM server time by cowcatcher
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #10   4/5/12 12:04:08AM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:
Mir without question

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #11   4/5/12 12:07:29AM   

PricklyPear

MMA Regular

PricklyPear Avatar

Career:1,065-751
Camp: Pride FC Forever
Chips:
Mir is the best fit as far as the ranks and achievements go, but I'd like to see Hunt more. But if it is Mir, then Hunt HAS to be the guy to step in vs Cain.

Post #12   4/5/12 12:22:08AM   

thevoodooninja

MMA Sensei

thevoodooninja Avatar

Career:1,115-716
Camp: Playground Mafia
Chips:
I'm always up for watching Mir get knocked out

Post #13   4/5/12 1:12:33AM   

ncordless

MODulation

ncordless Avatar

Career:1,916-1,093
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Not much to choose from. I would like to see Cain get a win before getting another crack at JDS. Mir is probably the most deserving, but he is really not that deserving, nor is JDS a good match up for him. Werdum looked like real good his last time out, and has wins over Fedor and Antonio Silva since his loss to JDS, but that is not a fight that sells right now. Antonio Silva is pretty much the same story. The winner of Cormier/Barnett will not be ready in a week, and it would be a shame to break up that tourney forever. I might be more interested in seeing either of those guys against JDS than Mir though.

After that, the talent goes down fast. Carwin and Nelson do not deserve a rematch right now. A fight with Lesnar or Fedor would be the most lucrative, but make absolutely no sense based on who deserves it.

That leaves someone moving up. Hendo has a history of fighting bigger guys, but that was in a different time in the sport. His power gives him a shot in any fight, but I don't see that fight as competitive. Jon Jones has said he wants to move up to HW. I don't think he would have much of a problem fighting at around 230lb., but he is already set with Rashad, and I doubt he or his team is gonna be itching to rush the move to HW. IF he is gonna do it, they are gonna make sure they build a solid HW.

The only other thing that would make a lick of sense at all would be a fight with Badr Hari. Hari's total lack of mma experience makes him a sitting duck for almost anyone, but with JDS it would mean that either JDS has to show a new wrinkle in his game or go toe to toe with one of the best strikers on the planet. This is the least likely to happen, but isn't really that much worse of an option than anything else at this point.

In short, if Ubereem/JDS is canceled, there's nothing that can take its place.

Post #14   4/5/12 3:52:10AM   

tattflash

In Full Mount

tattflash Avatar

Career:2,614-1,860
Chips:
I would not be suprised to see JDS taken off the card altogether and Dana let's the other fights go ahead as planned to determine the new challenger

Post #15   4/5/12 4:48:21AM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2