Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Frank Mir Issues Statement Regarding Overeem's Failed Test

Print  
  Page 3 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

State_Champ

MMA Sensei

State_Champ Avatar

Career:1,555-917
Camp: The Evil Empire
Chips:

Posted by rush13

Posted by bjj1605

Posted by rush13

Murr didn't win, Big Nog lost the fight...

You're going to have to explain that statement man.

I assume that you're referring to the fact that Nog didn't try to pound him out.

Guess what.

Fighters make a million decisions in a fight. Any one of those decisions can be the difference between a win and a loss.

Mir capitalized on an opening. He showed heart, determination, and skill. He is the only man to ever submit Big Nog and he did one better... he jacked up his arm.

No one is going to be happy about Overeem vs Dos Santos being cancelled (if it is.) But lets make the best of a bad situation.

Mir is one of the best fighters in the division. He's always exciting. And he poses some interesting stylistic challenges for Dos Santos.

Instead of hating on Mir (who, once again, is just trying to capitalize on an opportunity) you should direct the hate towards Overeem. It's his fault that the fans are in this situation.

The ONLY reason Murr beat Big Nog was cuz Big Nog stopped punching and tried to submit Murr to prove a point...if Big Nog had continued punching Murr he would've won the fight 100%.

Yeah, the fact that Mir was getting lit up by Big Nog (before the fight hit the mat) does not bode well for a Mir if the proposed Dos Santos/Mir match-up is realized.

Post #31   4/6/12 9:17:32AM   

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Career:1,321-858
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
Sylvia could have won against Big Nog but he messed up and Big Nog took advantage.

Mir did the same thing .

Same could be said about Lutter vs Silva.

If he wouldn't have gone for that stupid half ass armbar he could have won that round and possibly pulled it out of his ass

Post #32   4/6/12 1:35:43PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,153-681
Chips:

Posted by State_Champ

Yeah, the fact that Mir was getting lit up by Big Nog (before the fight hit the mat) does not bode well for a Mir if the proposed Dos Santos/Mir match-up is realized.

Rampage was getting tagged by Jardine, that should mean that Machida would rip him a new one right...oh wait that didnt happen. Struve got beat down by Morecraft, that should mean Barry would have zero problems with him...oh wait he lost.

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #33   4/6/12 2:37:22PM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,626-950
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by Pookie

Posted by bjj1605

Excuses are like assholes my friend. Everyone has one and almost all of them stink.

Unless you clean them.

Sometimes there are clean excuses that smell right and are ok to have your girlfriend stick her tongue in. If you're in love, of course.

way out of left field

hahaha

Post #34   4/6/12 3:51:55PM   

spikerman19

Standup Guy

spikerman19 Avatar

Career:266-174
Camp: Norcal Fight Team
Chips:
I bleach my booty hole before my wife goes down there.

Post #35   4/7/12 2:21:47AM   

infestructure

NOW KITH

infestructure Avatar

Career:734-445
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by gartface

Posted by infestructure

I'd say Hunto's star power is higher than Mir's, due to his being well respected in K1. K1 was a big thing - not just big in Japan.

Yeah, I could understand putting Hunt up against Dos Santos if the fight was in Australia, New Zealand, or Japan, but this is in Las Vegas, in Mir's backyard and he is a much bigger name in the US than Hunt. Not to mention, Mir is an all-around better fighter.

Having a UFC in NZ would be awesome, but I don't think NZ's market will be big enough for a while. Hunt has a better chance than Mir against JDS IMO, but Mir has a better chance against pretty much any other UFC HW, so yeah, better rounded, but without K1 striking and iron chin.

Post #36   4/10/12 6:08:06PM   

Page 3 of 3     1     2     3