Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Frank Mir Issues Statement Regarding Overeem's Failed Test

Print  
  Page 2 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

rush13

Standup Guy

rush13 Avatar

Career:1,003-545
Camp: Playground Bullies
Chips:

Posted by bjj1605

Posted by warglory

Always entertaining against anyone not named CroCop.

Damn you and your correct usage of counter examples!

U forgot Big Country too.

Post #16   4/5/12 2:00:04PM   

rush13

Standup Guy

rush13 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by rush13
Murr didn't win, Big Nog lost the fight.

so no fighter ever wins a fight, its just that his opponent lost and as a formality Mir gets the win?

No, read the other msg, I explained it, its different when a fighter gives the fight away...I'm with stupid sign coming from a guy who says Ubereem doesn't take steroids

Post #17   4/5/12 2:04:04PM   

mrsmiley

Heavyweight Champ

mrsmiley Avatar

Career:1,503-878
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
The situation sucks all around. Not really wanting to see Mir vs JDS but what the hell.

Post #18   4/5/12 3:31:29PM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,550-903
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by rush13

The ONLY reason Murr beat Big Nog was cuz Big Nog stopped punching and tried to submit Murr to prove a point...if Big Nog had continued punching Murr he would've won the fight 100%.

Are you kidding me right now?

Please read my above post.

In fights, fighters make decisions. Nog made a bad one. That's not a legit excuse.

You can't say "Fighter A only lost to Fighter B because Fighter A did X."

I could literally put any two fighters names into that statement and some random variable for X.

"Machida only lost to Jon Jones because he dropped his left hand in the second round."

"Mendes only lost to Aldo because he let his head get too low when he was trying to take Aldo down."

And guess what else.

Nog deciding not to pound on Mir does NOT equal Mir winning the fight. If Nog goes for a sub instead of pounding on Mir, Mir still has to do something to win the fight.

At MOST you are making an argument for Nog not winning AT THAT MOMENT. You're not making an argument for why Mir won. What explains how Mir was able to submit Nog after Nog made this horrible decision? Nothing except heart and skill and determination.

Not to mention the fact that this was their SECOND meeting. The first time around, Nog got destroyed. But I'm sure you've got a great excuse for that one too.

Excuses are like assholes my friend. Everyone has one and almost all of them stink.

Last edited 4/5/12 8:33PM server time by bjj1605
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #19   4/5/12 8:32:47PM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,550-903
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by rush13

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by rush13

so no fighter ever wins a fight, its just that his opponent lost and as a formality Mir gets the win?

No, read the other msg, I explained it, its different when a fighter gives the fight away...I'm with stupid sign coming from a guy who says Ubereem doesn't take steroids

He's pointing out a flaw in your logic man.

I've seen people get into formal logic discussions on this site before (it almost never goes anywhere.) There was one recently and I've done it in the past.

Lets leave it at this:

Your argument is based on HORRIBLE logic. No body even needs to take your argument on directly because it defeats its self with its own absurdity.

Post #20   4/5/12 8:37:45PM   

rush13

Standup Guy

rush13 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by bjj1605

Posted by rush13

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by rush13

I've seen people get into formal logic discussions on this site before (it almost never goes anywhere.) There was one recently and I've done it in the past.

Lets leave it at this:

Your argument is based on HORRIBLE logic. No body even needs to take your argument on directly because it defeats its self with its own absurdity.

Give me a fucking break...I'm pretty confident that I'm not the only one who thinks that...whatever dude, that's your opinion on it, and I also notice you're a Mir fan, what a surprise, so that has no reason why you're going on about this so much.

Post #21   4/5/12 9:17:35PM   

Adrenaline

MMA Sensei

Adrenaline Avatar

Career:-
Chips:

Posted by rush13

Give me a fucking break...I'm pretty confident that I'm not the only one who thinks that...whatever dude, that's your opinion on it, and I also notice you're a Mir fan, what a surprise, so that has no reason why you're going on about this so much.

No he keeps going on about it because you are flat out wrong, nothing that you have said on the subject is valid. That's a rude way of putting it but I don't know how else to say it. Big Nog is one of the greatest of all time, but he has lost to Mir twice now. Try giving Mir credit for beating a legend twice rather than making excuses for a guy that needs none.

Last edited 4/5/12 9:35PM server time by adrenaline

Post #22   4/5/12 9:34:40PM   

KingCmb

Standup Guy

KingCmb Avatar

Career:935-862
Chips:

Posted by rush13

Posted by bjj1605

Posted by rush13

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by rush13

I am a Mir fan but I think most of the guys who are disagreeing with you are really just fans of not being a tool on forums but hey at least bjj1605 didn't win this argument you just lost it

Lets leave it at this:

Post #23   4/5/12 9:36:34PM   

KingCmb

Standup Guy

KingCmb Avatar

Career:935-862
Chips:
That looks wrong and won't let me edit but what I mention is he may be A Mir fan but he's really just acting like a fan of not being a tool but hey at least bjj1605 didn't win this fight you just lost it

Post #24   4/5/12 9:43:37PM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Career:1,894-1,054
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by bjj1605

Excuses are like assholes my friend. Everyone has one and almost all of them stink.

Unless you clean them.

Sometimes there are clean excuses that smell right and are ok to have your girlfriend stick her tongue in. If you're in love, of course.

Post #25   4/5/12 10:19:44PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:

Posted by rush13

show me where he took steroids. Please provide proof if you are going to make idiotic statements. TRT is not the same as injecting steroids

Last edited 4/5/12 11:59PM server time by bubbles

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #26   4/5/12 11:37:18PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Chips:

Posted by the-king
... but hey at least bjj1605 didn't win this fight you just lost it

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #27   4/5/12 11:39:51PM   

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Career:2,817-1,549
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Let's make sure we keep it clean, guys. And remember, your opinion is not a fact.

Post #28   4/5/12 11:57:35PM   

spikerman19

Standup Guy

spikerman19 Avatar

Career:266-174
Camp: Norcal Fight Team
Chips:
How about we keep JDS vs Overoid but change it to a 5 round non-title fight. Still want to see the fight but do not want to see the belt change hands due to roids.

Post #29   4/6/12 2:21:14AM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Chips:

Posted by spikerman19

How about we keep JDS vs Overoid but change it to a 5 round non-title fight. Still want to see the fight but do not want to see the belt change hands due to roids.

show me a positive steroid test, I have yet to see one

Post #30   4/6/12 7:28:19AM   

Page 2 of 3     1     2     3