Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Alistair Overeem fails pre-fight drug test, likely out of UFC 146 title fight

Print  
  Page 4 of 7     1     2     3     4     5     6     7  
Posted By Message

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,153-681
Chips:

Posted by BuffaloDave

Posted by Bubbles

since no one has acknowledged it yet, I'll post it again to try to get a response

Posted by Bubbles
They gave Marquardt like 6 weeks of time to get his levels to normal so why cant they do the same for Overeem?

Taking a guess here, maybe for Nate is was a different Athletic Commission, Nate's issue was with Pennsylvania's AC.

fair point, but in the end don't they all respect and honour each others decisions and use them for precedence?

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #46   4/4/12 8:20:34PM   

Adrenaline

MMA Sensei

Adrenaline Avatar

Career:-
Chips:

Posted by Bubbles

since no one has acknowledged it yet, I'll post it again to try to get a response

Posted by Bubbles
They gave Marquardt like 6 weeks of time to get his levels to normal so why cant they do the same for Overeem?

Because some people have been waiting for years to say "I told you so" and they don't care what the circumstances are, they just want to feel right about something. Different comission is probably the correct answer to your question though. Overeem isn't even licensed with the NSAC so from what it sounds like he can't really get disciplinary action, only denied a license if he does apply. He deserves due process just like everyone else though. It cracks me up that many in this thread still confuse testosterone therapy with steroids. Sure both are performance enhancing but atleast get your shit straight if your going to be dancing around saying "I told you so". Everyone was expecting him to get popped for roids not TT but they still can't fight the urge to proclaim they were right the whole time.

I'm disspointed in AO, but mostly I'm just dissapointed with the whole situation. I hate when big fights suffer from stupid shit like this.

Post #47   4/4/12 8:26:25PM   

Franklinfan47

Simply The Best

Franklinfan47 Avatar

Career:2,662-1,458
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
NNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. No.

Stupid Overoid ruining one of the best hw matches ever

Post #48   4/4/12 8:32:17PM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,598-933
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
I personally think Mir is way more deserving AND would make for a much more competitive fight.

I'm honestly shocked that some people would rather see Hunt in there.

Hunt must have some "fan boy power" left over from his Pride days.

Thats the only way I can explain it to myself.

Post #49   4/4/12 10:25:20PM   

Adrenaline

MMA Sensei

Adrenaline Avatar

Chips:

Posted by bjj1605

I personally think Mir is way more deserving AND would make for a much more competitive fight.

Hunt must have some "fan boy power" left over from his Pride days.

He is a nice guy who has had a bit of a cinderella story comeback after everyone wrote him off. I agree 100% that Mir is more deserving but there is nothing wrong with people wishing Hunt gets the chance, especially because it is a last minute replacement type of deal and Hunt provides a different style challenge than Mir does. It would just be a cool thing if Hunt got one last shot at gold. Doesn't have to make sense and its not likely to happen but nothing wrong with wishing

Post #50   4/4/12 10:58:24PM   

FastKnockout

THE RUTHLESS ONE

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,937-1,077
Chips:

Posted by Sir_Karl

Athletes try to cheat...they get caught...we pay. Thanks Alistair....thanks for ruining a good fight for us. He has no integrity.

Most of the fighters do.

Post #51   4/4/12 11:17:13PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,153-681
Chips:

Posted by bjj1605

they are called bandwagon jumpers. They were no where to be found when Hunt first signed with the UFC, nor were there any when he got subbed by McCorkle...but a couple KO's later everyone is hugging his nuts

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #52   4/4/12 11:54:49PM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Career:1,928-1,077
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by bjj1605

they are called bandwagon jumpers. They were no where to be found when Hunt first signed with the UFC, nor were there any when he got subbed by McCorkle...but a couple KO's later everyone is hugging his nuts

Not entirely true. I cant speak for everyone, but hunt has been on my favorite rankings since they were added to the system.

Post #53   4/5/12 12:00:05AM   

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Career:2,952-1,623
Chips:

Posted by Pookie

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by bjj1605

Not entirely true. I cant speak for everyone, but hunt has been on my favorite rankings since they were added to the system.

Yeah, it was kind of a mixed bag when it was announced he would be fighting McCorkle. Personally, I was ecstatic.

A look back

Post #54   4/5/12 12:48:31AM   

godofdixie

MMA Regular

godofdixie Avatar

Career:1,224-652
Camp: THE NATION OF DOMINATION
Chips:
overeem pissed hot? i must say i'm honestly just as surprised as the rest of you. this fucks my weekend all up

Post #55   4/5/12 12:51:59AM   

godofdixie

MMA Regular

godofdixie Avatar

Career:1,224-652
Camp: THE NATION OF DOMINATION
Chips:
overeem pissed hot? i must say i'm honestly just as surprised as the rest of you. this fucks my weekend all up

Post #56   4/5/12 12:53:02AM   

RhythmAndStyle

MMA Sensei

RhythmAndStyle Avatar

Career:2,496-1,495
Chips:
all i can say is

Post #57   4/5/12 12:56:06AM   

pmoney

P$ Pimpin'

pmoney Avatar

Career:1,597-974
Chips:

Posted by Adrenaline

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by Bubbles

Because some people have been waiting for years to say "I told you so" and they don't care what the circumstances are, they just want to feel right about something. Different comission is probably the correct answer to your question though. Overeem isn't even licensed with the NSAC so from what it sounds like he can't really get disciplinary action, only denied a license if he does apply. He deserves due process just like everyone else though. It cracks me up that many in this thread still confuse testosterone therapy with steroids. Sure both are performance enhancing but atleast get your shit straight if your going to be dancing around saying "I told you so". Everyone was expecting him to get popped for roids not TT but they still can't fight the urge to proclaim they were right the whole time.

I'm disspointed in AO, but mostly I'm just dissapointed with the whole situation. I hate when big fights suffer from stupid shit like this.

Bubbles, I hope to answer your question, although I am just speculating based on facts I recall. Overeem had a provisional license to fight Brock that included random, out of competition testing. I would imagine he would have to meet NSAC standards for those tests, which he didn't.

Marquardt on the other hand, came to the UFC (or vice versa) already licensed and said he had high levels due to TRT. He couldn't get his levels to a point where he could guarantee a clean test on fight night, so he was pulled from the card. So it's essentially the same scenario, as far as testosterone levels, just politics.

Adrenaline, I think you are more confused than anyone on this thread though. What makes you think AO is undergoing ANY kind of LEGIT testosterone replacement therapy? If AO were on TRT, he would probably be taking steroids to get his testosterone up. Soooo.... I don't know what point you are trying to make.

Also, if it were anything legit, he could have gotten a TUE from the AC's. He, like Chael Sonnen though, would have still been busted for having tes far beyond normal ranges. Plus, factor in fleeing the country after he was told to make with the zip, flop and the boo-hoo, that's what got him in this position. He red flagged himself and he got caught.

Post #58   4/5/12 2:22:44AM   

Adrenaline

MMA Sensei

Adrenaline Avatar

Chips:

Posted by pmoney

Adrenaline, I think you are more confused than anyone on this thread though. What makes you think AO is undergoing ANY kind of LEGIT testosterone replacement therapy? If AO were on TRT, he would probably be taking steroids to get his testosterone up. Soooo.... I don't know what point you are trying to make.

Also, if it were anything legit, he could have gotten a TUE from the AC's. He, like Chael Sonnen though, would have still been busted for having tes far beyond normal ranges. Plus, factor in fleeing the country after he was told to make with the zip, flop and the boo-hoo, that's what got him in this position. He red flagged himself and he got caught.

Where did I say that I thought he was undergoing legit testosterone replacement therapy? My point is that everyone, including you is speculating that his levels are high because of steroids which is true because testosterone by definition is a steroid but my point is that there is a difference between the type of steroids and how they are administered between using it to gain massive amounts of muscle and for testosterone replacement. To me it sounds like it was unauthorized TT, similar to Sonnen and Marquardt (obviously not legit though) When Sherk was caught they came right out and said it was for Nandrolone, a steroid, they didn't say anything about his testosterone levels which leads me to think that there is something different about this case.

Hell they might come out later today and say specifically what he tested for, my point is that its funny when people post before and after pics of him and say "I knew it! ROIDS!!!!" when all we know at this point is that his testosterone levels were high, we don't know why yet.

Editors note: I'm might be talking out my ass, I'm just speaking based on my limited knowledge. Damnit now I am confused pmoney

Post #59   4/5/12 3:35:26AM   

pmoney

P$ Pimpin'

pmoney Avatar

Career:1,597-974
Chips:

Posted by Adrenaline

Posted by pmoney

Where did I say that I thought he was undergoing legit testosterone replacement therapy? My point is that everyone, including you is speculating that his levels are high because of steroids which is true because testosterone by definition is a steroid but my point is that there is a difference between the type of steroids and how they are administered between using it to gain massive amounts of muscle and for testosterone replacement. To me it sounds like it was unauthorized TT, similar to Sonnen and Marquardt (obviously not legit though) When Sherk was caught they came right out and said it was for Nandrolone, a steroid, they didn't say anything about his testosterone levels which leads me to think that there is something different about this case.

Hell they might come out later today and say specifically what he tested for, my point is that its funny when people post before and after pics of him and say "I knew it! ROIDS!!!!" when all we know at this point is that his testosterone levels were high, we don't know why yet.

Editors note: I'm might be talking out my ass, I'm just speaking based on my limited knowledge. Damnit now I am confused pmoney

Lol, sorry man, I am not trying to jump on your ass or anything. And I do understand where you are coming from. Here in the US, it's supposed to be innocent until proven guilty, and yeah everyone is slamming The Reem before we even know what the status of the B sample is. So perhaps that is a bad job by the majority of the MMA community. However, it just seems that due to the circumstances, short of a clean B test, that AO is up a creek on this one. Given the stipulations of his license to fight Lesnar, I can't think of a single reason for his testosterone levels to be that high.

Post #60   4/5/12 3:55:36AM   

Page 4 of 7     1     2     3     4     5     6     7