Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Brock Lesnar's WWE Return - Video

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

tallica62

MMA Sensei

tallica62 Avatar

Career:1,976-1,224
Camp: Playground Bullies
Chips:
For some reason that I can't really put into words, I was really liking Lesnar in MMA...and now that he's gone back to the WWE, I lost respect (although I can't raelly say why)... I guess at the end of the day money talks...but this just bothers me

And it makes me think...what can those other wrestlers say to him in the "ring"? Oh so now you're returning from that real life fighting business and think you can stand up to us fakers....lol

video

Post #1   4/3/12 1:25:04PM   

mattjonesy

Standup Guy

mattjonesy Avatar

Career:2,116-1,327
Camp: Bum Chin Black Belts
Chips:
Why does it annoy me so much?? lol

Post #2   4/3/12 1:52:03PM   

BlueSkiesBurn

USCFootball.com

BlueSkiesBurn Avatar

Career:534-389
Chips:
I have zero idea why this bothers anyone. This is the equivalent of your neighbor going from Fedex to UPS. Lesnar did more than prove himself in MMA, but his body wasn't interested in what Lesnar's mind was set on doing. He seriously tried and he tried to stay healthy. He couldn't and decided the WWE would be less detrimental to his disease.

Did you hear that pop he got? I'm sure a lot of that was because of his time spent in the UFC.

Post #3   4/3/12 2:05:52PM   

Manak

Belt Contender

Manak Avatar

Career:164-106
Camp: UFC-PRIDE-MMA
Chips:
didn't he have more fights left in his UFC contract??? UFC is not know for letting guys do other promotions

Post #4   4/3/12 2:26:05PM   

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Career:2,746-1,521
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by Manak

didn't he have more fights left in his UFC contract??? UFC is not know for letting guys do other promotions

I'm pretty sure he wouldn't enjoy the same opportunity in combat sports. I'm not sure that Zuffa cares that he is doing pro wrestling though...as long as he's retired from MMA. I've seen a ton of wrestling fans convert to MMA, but I've yet to see someone go in the opposite direction.

Last edited 4/3/12 2:48PM server time by grappler0000
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #5   4/3/12 2:47:28PM   

TeamDEY

Belt Contender

TeamDEY Avatar

Career:152-124
Chips:
Brock is a guy who gets his eye set on something then tries it for a bit and leaves. He accomplished a lot his first time in the WWE then left to do pro football. When that didn't work out he made the transition to MMA. After he was champion and defended his belt there was really nothing left for him to do. I think he lost the love for it now it back in the WWE. I think its great Brock is back. His MMA career is over now he can go make more money in the WWE and hopefully bring it back to life.

Post #6   4/3/12 4:06:17PM   

Bythar

MMA Regular

Bythar Avatar

Career:1,741-916
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by tallica62

For some reason that I can't really put into words, I was really liking Lesnar in MMA...and now that he's gone back to the WWE, I lost respect (although I can't raelly say why)... I guess at the end of the day money talks...but this just bothers me

And it makes me think...what can those other wrestlers say to him in the "ring"? Oh so now you're returning from that real life fighting business and think you can stand up to us fakers....lol

video

They're completely different arts. The 'fakers' can say 'I'm a better technical professional wrestler than you', or 'I'm better at cutting promos than you'. Being able to actually fight is absolutely nothing to do with it, and is thus completely irrelevant.

Why did you lose respect? Professional wrestling is a perfectly respectable career.

Post #7   4/3/12 4:06:47PM   

infestructure

NOW KITH

infestructure Avatar

Career:734-445
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Technically you are right Bythar. Pro wrestling is a perfectly respectable career, if you are one of the 200 people in the world who makle money doing it. (ok, its probably a few more than that, but you catch my drift) You gotta make a crust somehow.

People who watch pro wrestling on the other hand, do not gain my respect for their choice in viewing. I suppose I resented the influx of youthful fans that crossed over from WWE to UFC following Lesnar, and now he is back in WWE, I find myself wondering - did he introduce many new true MMA fans to the sport? Or just a bunch of man children? Also, how many of his fans will stop watching MMA now their idol has been exposed as all brawn and no game.

I don't lose respect for Lesnar, he did what he wanted to do (at first), and left a mark. But Tallica62 raised a valid point - Pro wrestlers do pretend to be tough 'fighters', but everyone knows what they do is choreographed fighting. Now Brock went and did some real fighting, the rest of them WWE guys kinda look like pussies.

Post #8   4/3/12 8:28:46PM   

warglory

Heavyweight Champ

warglory Avatar

Career:535-344
Chips:

Posted by infestructure

Technically you are right Bythar. Pro wrestling is a perfectly respectable career, if you are one of the 200 people in the world who makle money doing it. (ok, its probably a few more than that, but you catch my drift) You gotta make a crust somehow.

People who watch pro wrestling on the other hand, do not gain my respect for their choice in viewing. I suppose I resented the influx of youthful fans that crossed over from WWE to UFC following Lesnar, and now he is back in WWE, I find myself wondering - did he introduce many new true MMA fans to the sport? Or just a bunch of man children? Also, how many of his fans will stop watching MMA now their idol has been exposed as all brawn and no game.

I don't lose respect for Lesnar, he did what he wanted to do (at first), and left a mark. But Tallica62 raised a valid point - Pro wrestlers do pretend to be tough 'fighters', but everyone knows what they do is choreographed fighting. Now Brock went and did some real fighting, the rest of them WWE guys kinda look like pussies.

You don't think pro wrestlers are tough? Of course they pretend to be combatants, that's the point, but that doesn't take away from how legit many of the guys are. I won't deny that professional fighters are more physically fit, but the life of a full time pro wrestler is FAR more grueling than that of a professional fighter. Most fighters have the opportunity to train close to home, unless they are amping up for a fight weeks before, while a pro wrestler is on the road for probably 300 days out of the year.

I don't watch wrestling, but the flak wrestlers get, as well as their fan base is ridiculous. Who cares if someone chooses to watch a male oriented soap opera? You do realize most people have their guilty show that they watch, right? Many girls have Jersey Shore, etc. Maybe you should stop judging someone based on what they enjoy in their past time.

Last edited 4/3/12 9:07PM server time by warglory

Post #9   4/3/12 9:05:55PM   

infestructure

NOW KITH

infestructure Avatar

Career:734-445
Chips:
Pro wrestlers : Fine with me, everyone needs to eat.
Pro wrestling fans : Neckbearded man-children
My opinion : I am entitled to it

People who watch Jersey Shore deserve flak just like people who watch pro wrestling. Why should I hide my opinion away? My wife watches Home and Away (Australian soap) and I give her heaps of shit for it. It does not mean I mean her ill will, I just detest her choice of viewing pleasure.

Post #10   4/3/12 10:20:10PM   

BlueSkiesBurn

USCFootball.com

BlueSkiesBurn Avatar

Career:534-389
Chips:

Posted by infestructure

Pro wrestlers : Fine with me, everyone needs to eat.
Pro wrestling fans : Neckbearded man-children
My opinion : I am entitled to it

People who watch Jersey Shore deserve flak just like people who watch pro wrestling. Why should I hide my opinion away? My wife watches Home and Away (Australian soap) and I give her heaps of shit for it. It does not mean I mean her ill will, I just detest her choice of viewing pleasure.

I totally understand what you mean.

Post #11   4/3/12 10:57:30PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:

Posted by warglory
Many girls have Jersey Shore, etc. Maybe you should stop judging someone based on what they enjoy in their past time.

Jersey Shore is the shiznit. Best show eva!

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #12   4/3/12 11:22:06PM   

MiniMan

Standup Guy

MiniMan Avatar

Career:38-27
Chips:
Lol, I like Geordie Shore better.. The UK version. Much ruder.

Post #13   4/3/12 11:29:51PM   

RhythmAndStyle

MMA Sensei

RhythmAndStyle Avatar

Career:2,354-1,409
Chips:
i just wanna say this..for the first time in ages, i actually watch a wwe ppv, wrestlemania..and thru out the whole thing i was actually waitin for Lesnar to show up and F5 someone (Undertaker, lol)..but didnt we all kinda already knew he'll eventually be back in the wwe..

Last edited 4/4/12 1:12AM server time by rhythmandstyle

Post #14   4/4/12 1:11:25AM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,519-891
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
This is irritating.

My GF's dad said this was gonna happen as soon as Brock came over.

I argued with him. Then he continued to say it to me every time Brock fought.

"He can't make money in MMA as long as he could in WWE. He's gonna go back to it."

I guess he was right.

Post #15   4/4/12 1:34:52AM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2