Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Jon Jones Feels Like Rashad Evans Can’t Get Inside His Head

Print  
Posted By Message

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:2,037-1,201
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones will make his first title defense of 2012 against an ex-teammate and past champion, as “Bones” collides with Rashad Evans in the main event of UFC 145 later this month.

For several months now, Jones and Evans have verbally sparred, as the two have had matches cancelled due to injuries to both men. Now, with their date set for April 21 from Atlanta, the stars appear aligned.

Evans, who missed out on a title chance back in March of 2011, has done all he can to try and get inside the head of Jones, who became the youngster UFC champion ever when he defeated Mauricio “Shogun” Rua in place of Evans. As “Bones” told the London Free Press recently, Evans will not control his thoughts.

Link

Post #1   4/3/12 12:17:56AM   

tcunningham

Combat Sport and Fitness

tcunningham Avatar

Career:508-351
Chips:
im not gonna say that im a big fan of either fighter, but i have had enough of rashads talking. i think, and hope, he gets beat up by jones.

if jones smashes rashad then realistically he'll have cleaned out his division. i know there are a few up and comers like gustaffson, but he hasnt impressed me enough to believe he can possible take the title. i think hendo is the last challenge.

Post #2   4/3/12 2:01:09AM   

airkerma

KE Released in MAtter

airkerma Avatar

Career:1,048-608
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
I don't like to say he has already cleaned out the division in one year, but man he's close. I think Jones handily deals with Rashad and has few problems dealing with Hendo. Losing to Rashad would be awesome though, only because of the power vacuum it would create, but I don't see that happening.

Post #3   4/3/12 9:13:57AM   

rush13

Standup Guy

rush13 Avatar

Career:1,003-545
Camp: Playground Bullies
Chips:
Jones is gonna murder Rashad...then Hendo will be the last big-named challenger.

Post #4   4/3/12 6:39:41PM   

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Career:1,237-808
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
I wouldnt be surprised to see Rashad go for the takedown .

If Rashad recognizes the stand-up not being in his favor that's what's gonna happen .

Hell I wouldn't be surprised to see Jones go for it either minus losing the stand-up

Post #5   4/3/12 7:26:46PM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Career:1,887-1,050
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Dan Henderson said he was confident Evans is going to put Jones on his back. I doubt it, but I'd like to see how Jones handles himself from that position.

But yeah,

Rashad’s just a pawn in this game that I’m playing. Nothing more.
...is probably why people think you're cocky Jon.

Post #6   4/4/12 1:07:51AM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,543-899
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by Pookie

Dan Henderson said he was confident Evans is going to put Jones on his back. I doubt it, but I'd like to see how Jones handles himself from that position.

But yeah,

Rashad’s just a pawn in this game that I’m playing. Nothing more.
...is probably why people think you're cocky Jon.

Good point.

It seems lost on him though. He legitimately doesn't understand why people perceive him that way.

Post #7   4/4/12 1:40:02AM