Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

UFC signing Fedor rumors everywhere on April Fools today

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

Cooler

Banned for Cheating

Cooler Avatar

Career:886-472
Camp: The Evolutionaries
Chips:
I could've sworn this has happened before a few years ago on april fools day as well....

Has anyone else heard any of these rumors? the word on every other forum is that he has signed... but nobody as a spectator I noticed nobody took it seriously..Which lead me to search a bit and there was an article on mmajunkie 2 days ago that says Dana was not interested despite fedors win streak.

Some people are saying that if the rumor is still going on tomorrow that it may be true.

Could that mean maybe Fedor could've signed without co-promotion? And for less money?

M-1 cut out of the negotiations/cut down to size in negotiations?

Bullshit rumor?

Unfortunately having heard this 1000 other times I am a skeptic as my av suggests and I'm going with the latter until Lorenzo.. or uncle dana says so... Which brings up something i want to say... why is lorenzo not more vocal about this fedor thing? why is dana always speaking for zuffa regarding fedor? I realize he is the voice of the company but instead of asking the guy who hates him lets ask the man who makes it happen instead, he might be more reasonable... One could assume that dana is the messaeger boy for lorenzo but lorenzo seems to be the calm cool headed face of the company and dana is the brash guy who calls you crazy russians behind your back.... I forgot which fighter it was but i think lorenzo flew long distance to help someone out (name slips my mind, im thinking it was cro cop)

Post #1   4/2/12 12:56:14AM   

FastKnockout

$ Impin' Ain't Easy $

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,709-955
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
I could care less at this point in his career. lol

Post #2   4/2/12 1:32:32AM   

Cooler

Banned for Cheating

Cooler Avatar

Chips:

Posted by FastKnockout

Bullshit, you would watch.

Post #3   4/2/12 1:57:02AM   

infestructure

NOW KITH

infestructure Avatar

Career:730-442
Chips:
I would love to see it. Especially if he were to fight at 205. I have always been a huge fan, fighting in the UFC or not, his pride days proved how awesome he is.
I don't know how he would fare with the newer 'breed' of fighters the UFC brings, but I have always thought of Fedor's quick thinking as his ultimate weapon, which would be a perfect tool to deal with the tactics UFC fighting will bring.

Post #4   4/2/12 2:12:59AM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Career:1,860-1,034
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
In his prime, i have no doubt he could compete with the elite stars of today. In both the LHW and HW divisions. At HW he was fast and powerful enough to punish the all around lack of footwork/headmovement in the division, and at LHW his grappling skills complimented his striking in a way that would have given everyone fits. Jon Jones included.

But right now, he's not as fast/accurate as he used to be, and his size can allow him to get Bigfooted - whereas before he could land hard as the big guys came in and rock them before he was in danger.

At LHW - the age will show. His reflexes have faded with time(as will everyones), and his trademark speed advantage is about par with the fast punchers in the division. He can still rock Dan Henderson, but he also gets hit by Henderson too.

At this point in his career, i think he can still decisively dispatch of the Kongo's and Ryan Bader's. But he's stuck between a rock and a hard place as either division choice will leave him without proper defenses on the feet(LHW) or without proper defenses on the ground(HW).

But yeah, i'd love to see him in the UFC still.

Post #5   4/2/12 3:59:51AM   

Cooler

Banned for Cheating

Cooler Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Pookie

In his prime, i have no doubt he could compete with the elite stars of today. In both the LHW and HW divisions. At HW he was fast and powerful enough to punish the all around lack of footwork/headmovement in the division, and at LHW his grappling skills complimented his striking in a way that would have given everyone fits. Jon Jones included.

But right now, he's not as fast/accurate as he used to be, and his size can allow him to get Bigfooted - whereas before he could land hard as the big guys came in and rock them before he was in danger.

At LHW - the age will show. His reflexes have faded with time(as will everyones), and his trademark speed advantage is about par with the fast punchers in the division. He can still rock Dan Henderson, but he also gets hit by Henderson too.

At this point in his career, i think he can still decisively dispatch of the Kongo's and Ryan Bader's. But he's stuck between a rock and a hard place as either division choice will leave him without proper defenses on the feet(LHW) or without proper defenses on the ground(HW).

But yeah, i'd love to see him in the UFC still.

Cmon pook, I thought you and I would agree that Fedor could beat most of the zuffa HW's. Most of them aren't elite like at lightweight and he has a win over the surging UFC HW Mark Hunt who just proves to me that the division is weak, no offense to him since I am a huge fan of him lol.

To me, I would still argue Fedor as a top 10 HW. I cant see how one can have Nog in there and not have Fedor who loses an entire legacy based on a few setbacks, you get comments like from fastknockout saying he doesnt care when its pretty clear he would watch him compete in the UFC like the rest of us would. Since the UFC tried to get him back in the early zuffa days to now, they hate that they couldnt snag him and now that he lost they can claim he sucks and brow beat the sites to get him off the rankings

Last edited 4/2/12 4:27AM server time by cooler
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #6   4/2/12 4:22:38AM   

TeamDEY

Belt Contender

TeamDEY Avatar

Career:152-124
Chips:
Fedor with UFC is not as bad as Sonnen dropping out and Silva vs Jones taking place at UFC147.... Like someone said on this site.

Post #7   4/2/12 10:44:57AM   

Twenty20Dollars

Heavyweight Champ

Career:1,572-1,001
Chips:
I would not be shocked if it happened.

As of right now, Fedor's management is saying UFC has interest

and Dana saying he has no interest.

With Dana's always changing his mind, I could see it and trying to play it off as he has no interest and then signs him.

Either way, won't be that big of story to me, not like it would have been in the past.

Post #8   4/2/12 11:22:06AM   

FastKnockout

$ Impin' Ain't Easy $

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,709-955
Chips:

Posted by Cooler

Posted by FastKnockout

I'd watch, of course. I watch every UFC event. The thing is I no longer feel the need to see him in the UFC. If they sign him, that's fine. If they don't, that's fine too.

Post #9   4/2/12 12:24:42PM   

pmoney

P$ Pimpin'

pmoney Avatar

Career:1,475-898
Chips:
As a fan, I would love to see Fedor in the UFC. I don't think it is crucial to his legacy to do so.

I think it's funny how people (not necessarily people on this site, but probably some) are so dismissive of what Fedor has done in this sport. Fedor goes a decade without losing, and then when he is out of his prime, he loses three matches and he was never that good..... Meanwhile Anderson Silva has more losses on his record, and no one has a problem calling him the GOAT. And those losses were in his prime years, against guys like Ryo Chonan.

I'd pick Fedor over Werdum, Bigfoot, and possibly Hendo today. I'd also pick him over probably everyone not named Junior dos Santos.

Post #10   4/2/12 2:06:28PM   

Samps

MMA Regular

Samps Avatar

Career:610-346
Chips:
The April Fools Fedor signing reminds me of the rumor I woke up to on the 1st from TeamJones. Sonnen's out, Silva/Jones superfight, Henderson/Evans, UFC 147. F' you TeamJones.
But I would also add I'd love to see Fedor/Jones after Jones beats Evans and then Henderson. UFC could promote the sh*t outta that fight.

Post #11   4/2/12 3:22:52PM   

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Career:1,220-793
Camp: The Original Gangsters
Chips:

Posted by pmoney

As a fan, I would love to see Fedor in the UFC. I don't think it is crucial to his legacy to do so.

I think it's funny how people (not necessarily people on this site, but probably some) are so dismissive of what Fedor has done in this sport. Fedor goes a decade without losing, and then when he is out of his prime, he loses three matches and he was never that good..... Meanwhile Anderson Silva has more losses on his record, and no one has a problem calling him the GOAT. And those losses were in his prime years, against guys like Ryo Chonan.

I'd pick Fedor over Werdum, Bigfoot, and possibly Hendo today. I'd also pick him over probably everyone not named Junior dos Santos.

DING DING DING!!!

Nailed the Damn nail on the head.

You said everything I was going to say before i saw your post.

Post #12   4/2/12 3:25:50PM   

Cooler

Banned for Cheating

Cooler Avatar

Chips:

Posted by FastKnockout

Posted by Cooler

Posted by FastKnockout

I'd watch, of course. I watch every UFC event. The thing is I no longer feel the need to see him in the UFC. If they sign him, that's fine. If they don't, that's fine too.

I would argue you never literally needed it, but fair enough

Post #13   4/2/12 4:49:46PM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Career:1,860-1,034
Chips:

Posted by pmoney

I'd definitely still pick him over Werdum. I thought he was winning the Hendo fight(but then again that H-bomb is hell and could lead to the same result consistently). The Bigfoot fight was the only one where i thought, Damn this is depressing.

Post #14   4/3/12 1:28:18AM   

Spanglepants

Learning to Sprawl

Spanglepants Avatar

Career:363-367
Chips:
oh my god, is this ever gonna die?

i don't get the boner so many mma fans have for this guy.

yeah, he beat a bunch of people in pride, who cares? pride was forever ago in mma terms.

for a while i thought people just liked the idea of some unstoppable fighter who didn't say much and beat everyone despite being a chubby guy. 3 stoppage losses later you would think that whole aura of invincibility would be shattered. but no, the guy crushes 2 cans and now all of a sudden people are back to fantasizing about him coming to the ufc and clearing out the heavyweight division.

Post #15   4/3/12 8:57:21PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2