Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

'Cyborg' drug denial sticks to familiar script

Print  
Posted By Message

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:2,136-1,243
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
The unknown persons responsible for encouraging Cristiane Santos to take steroids have been eliminated.

That’s her word: "eliminated."

This according to the former Strikeforce women’s featherweight champion herself in a video statement released this week, roughly 10 days before she’ll appeal a one-year suspension for a positive drug test after her Dec. 17 win over Hiroko Yamanaka at an event in San Diego.

As mea culpa videos go, this one is actually pretty good. A genuinely remorseful-sounding Cyborg acknowledges her mistake, says she knows it is her responsibility to monitor the supplements she takes during training and references the hit to her reputation in the wake of the positive test.

Her words are obviously scripted, but don’t come off overly rehearsed. She doesn’t read from a prepared statement; at least, not one we can see. In any case, she speaks for a little less than three minutes and since it’s all in Portuguese with English subtitles, it ultimately might be difficult for non-speakers of that language to gauge her sincerity.

Link

Post #1   4/1/12 9:32:55PM   

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Career:3,003-1,643
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
I'm not real big on the 'someone else' gave me PED's excuse...but, has anyone considered the possibility that it was her husband? After all, he's the only that I'm aware of that's been removed from her life since the incident. Not to mention, he's someone close enough for her to trust with something like that. I don't know that I would believe that, but it's an interesting thought.

Post #2   4/1/12 10:53:46PM   

LuckyCharms

Standup Guy

LuckyCharms Avatar

Career:502-385
Chips:
She could say that my Husband has been secretly giving me steroids in my cereal for years. Like that Ukranian father did to his son "Little Hercules"

Post #3   4/2/12 10:02:17AM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Career:1,951-1,087
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
It's better to Deny than it is to Admit. The AC's are 1000% more likely to cut the suspension. All fighters should deny it, even if their lying.

Post #4   4/3/12 2:59:08AM