Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Bellator, Super Fight League Both Voice Interest in New Free Agent 'King' Mo Lawal

Print  
Posted By Message

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:1,916-1,148
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
When Muhammed Lawal was cut by Strikeforce this week following a nine-month suspension, his future was thrown into disarray. For now, Lawal is still on the mend from recent knee surgery, but he may not have to wait long to find a new home.

At least two promotions have stated their interest in the former Strikeforce light-heavyweight champion. In separate interviews with MMA Fighting, both Bellator CEO Bjorn Rebney and Super Fight League CEO Ken Pavia confirmed that they would likely reach out to Lawal in the near future to assess the possibility of pursuing him as a free agent for their respective organizations.

Link

#2 UFC 112 Points
#9 FFC3/AFC/NEFFN/VCS/Pancrase Combo Wagers
#12 TUF 8 FINALE Points #12 Bellator 91 / Legacy FC / CCCW Combo Points #12 M-1/FA8/CFA/GC/IGF Wagers #14 UFC 143 Diaz vs Condit Points

Post #1   3/31/12 2:29:03PM   

airkerma

KE Released in MAtter

airkerma Avatar

Career:983-570
Chips:
King Mo should absolutely murder in Bellator if he heads that way.

Post #2   3/31/12 3:02:21PM   

rush13

Standup Guy

rush13 Avatar

Career:989-539
Camp: Playground Bullies
Chips:

Posted by airkerma

King Mo should absolutely murder in Bellator if he heads that way.

I'm with u on that one...do they have anybody at 205??? I know their champ never defends his belt.

Post #3   3/31/12 4:26:02PM   

Twenty20Dollars

Heavyweight Champ

Career:1,572-1,001
Chips:
Christian "Tonton" M’Pumbu is LHW Champ.

Always risk though with signing with these guys that have issues like King Mo and guys like them in the NFL.

King Mo can prolly beat all Bellator's LHW fighters, most of them are small LHW's, but prolly would be a big pay cut for King Mo.

Don't know how much Bellator fighters make for a fight.

Post #4   3/31/12 5:01:25PM   

rush13

Standup Guy

rush13 Avatar

Career:989-539
Camp: Playground Bullies
Chips:

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

Christian "Tonton" M’Pumbu is LHW Champ.

Always risk though with signing with these guys that have issues like King Mo and guys like them in the NFL.

King Mo can prolly beat all Bellator's LHW fighters, most of them are small LHW's, but prolly would be a big pay cut for King Mo.

Don't know how much Bellator fighters make for a fight.

Ya, he won the tourney(and belt) in May of last year and has 1 fight since then, losing a non-title fight to Travis Wiuff.

He will definitely be making less anywhere he goes obviously but I'm sure he'll go where he will get the most.

Post #5   3/31/12 5:23:16PM   

jjeans

Emma Watson Picture Incoming

jjeans Avatar

Career:1,099-661
Chips:
If he goes to Bellator I'd like to see him Fight at a 195 cw with Hector, think that'd really change the future dramatically for the winner.

Then maybe consider returning to HW at After that, the LHW division really is lacking outside the UFC and winning loads of piss easy fights won't make you as much money...

Thiago Silva nuthugger.

Admin of MMA Memes of Facebook. A Roundtable Analyst on The MMA Podcast. Journalist for MMA Mental.

Dirty Blue #DoItForWatson

Post #6   3/31/12 7:30:53PM   

Twenty20Dollars

Heavyweight Champ

Chips:

Posted by jjeans

If he goes to Bellator I'd like to see him Fight at a 195 cw with Hector, think that'd really change the future dramatically for the winner.

Then maybe consider returning to HW at After that, the LHW division really is lacking outside the UFC and winning loads of piss easy fights won't make you as much money...

Well if he won LHW tourney, that would net him 100k at least.

Post #7   3/31/12 8:19:01PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:

Posted by jjeans

plus his show pay and win bonus, and potential OTN bonus (they do that right?)

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #8   3/31/12 8:55:42PM   

Twenty20Dollars

Heavyweight Champ

Chips:

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by jjeans

plus his show pay and win bonus, and potential OTN bonus (they do that right?)

I've wondered that and I don't think they do fight night bonuses, if they do they keep them secret like their pay

Post #9   3/31/12 11:07:59PM