Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

UFC President cuts King Mo

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:2,457-1,410
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by BuffaloDave

One of the good things from this release (That is if it sticks) maybe we can see Mo and Rampage settle their dispute with one other inside a cage or ring.

Very glass half full of you. Good call.

Post #16   3/28/12 12:00:58PM   

KungFuMaster

Heavyweight Champ

KungFuMaster Avatar

Career:423-341
Camp: The Lone Ranger(s)
Chips:
Mo seems like a douche for testing positive and lying about it but IMO the council lady should not have formulated that question in that demeanor.

Both are douches if you ask me.

Post #17   3/28/12 12:08:31PM   

Kpro

I STAB WATERBEDS!

Kpro Avatar

Career:2,360-1,218
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by KungFuMaster

Mo seems like a douche for testing positive and lying about it but IMO the council lady should not have formulated that question in that demeanor.

How should she have asked it considering it was a necessary question to show that he understood the questions he lied on?

Post #18   3/28/12 12:13:41PM   

KungFuMaster

Heavyweight Champ

KungFuMaster Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Kpro

Posted by KungFuMaster

How should she have asked it considering it was a necessary question to show that he understood the questions he lied on?

Here is how I would have phrased it.

"Mr. Mo, what I am about to ask you may offend you but I assure you that is not my intent. Because you have some discrepancies on your questionnaire, I have to ask you the following question(s). Did you fully understand all the questions and answered them honestly?"

I was not there to hear the council lady and I regret calling her a douche - and maybe she was being diplomatic about the question - I don't know.

Post #19   3/28/12 12:24:47PM   

Kpro

I STAB WATERBEDS!

Kpro Avatar

Career:2,360-1,218
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by KungFuMaster

Posted by Kpro

Posted by KungFuMaster

"Mr. Mo, what I am about to ask you may offend you but I assure you that is not my intent. Because you have some discrepancies on your questionnaire, I have to ask you the following question(s). Did you fully understand all the questions and answered them honestly?"

I was not there to hear the council lady and I regret calling her a douche - and maybe she was being diplomatic about the question - I don't know.

She could've said it even nicer than that. We don't know. The only thing we know is the question needed to be asked to show that he understood the questions he lied on. The NSAC was correct to ask it. Without needing to hear it, I think it's obvious she made no mention of race when she posed the question because the question has absolutely nothing to do with race. It's about if you lied on a questionnaire or did not understand it. They'll ask the same question to Nick Diaz because of his questionnaire, so they'll be racist there too?

Mo Lawal deserved to be cut for even bringing race into this.

Post #20   3/28/12 12:38:35PM   

KungFuMaster

Heavyweight Champ

KungFuMaster Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Kpro

Posted by KungFuMaster

Posted by Kpro

Posted by KungFuMaster

She could've said it even nicer than that. We don't know. The only thing we know is the question needed to be asked to show that he understood the questions he lied on. The NSAC was correct to ask it. Without needing to hear it, I think it's obvious she made no mention of race when she posed the question because the question has absolutely nothing to do with race. It's about if you lied on a questionnaire or did not understand it. They'll ask the same question to Nick Diaz because of his questionnaire, so they'll be racist there too?

Mo Lawal deserved to be cut for even bringing race into this.

I guess you're right. If there is a discrepancy on the questionnaire, the board will need to ask that question as a standard procedure. Mo is just bringing in the race card to alleviate the embarrassment.

Post #21   3/28/12 12:49:50PM   

Poor_Franklin

Slight Reach Advantage

Poor_Franklin Avatar

Career:1,381-784
Chips:

Posted by KungFuMaster

"Mr. Mo....

UFC 151: Never Forget

Post #22   3/28/12 2:49:42PM   

KungFuMaster

Heavyweight Champ

KungFuMaster Avatar

Chips:
Somebody understands my comedy.

Post #23   3/28/12 6:04:12PM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:1,911-1,142
Chips:
Get over it Lawal, I've been asked if I can read before after reading something wrong and screwing up at work. It had nothing to do with racism. I get sick of people using racism to justify things going against them. It seems like any other situation where your in front of a governing body (Judge, Athletic Commission) and you've done something wrong and they make you look stupid just to put you in your place. We all know how Mo acts, sounds like the weren't having anything to do with it. He just got butt hurt and played the racism card. Just my opinion on the matter

#2 UFC 112 Points
#9 FFC3/AFC/NEFFN/VCS/Pancrase Combo Wagers
#12 TUF 8 FINALE Points #12 Bellator 91 / Legacy FC / CCCW Combo Points #12 M-1/FA8/CFA/GC/IGF Wagers #14 UFC 143 Diaz vs Condit Points

Post #24   3/28/12 10:08:30PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2