Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

What equipment next?

Print  
Posted By Message

Crazy3rdgen

Learning to Sprawl

Career:-
Chips:
I am very interested in MMA, MMA workouts etc, I am by no means a fighter though. So far other then the weight-lifting side of things I have a punching bag, reflex bag, and a striker bag. What do you guys think I should add to my workout? I usually purchase from sears online. I'm thinking something more interactive to fine tune some striking/ something that simulates a person more or an actual fight. A body opponent bag is nice but it seems like it would be boring just sitting there. I would like to get a sparring set up but not sure who would spar with me on a regular basis, not looking to pay for training.. its more of a hobby / staying in shape interest for me. 24m 165lb

Post #1   3/27/12 8:51:20PM   

Crazy3rdgen

Learning to Sprawl

Chips:
focusmaster is pretty sweet.. shame its 700 bucks but thats a nice set up

Post #2   3/27/12 9:12:29PM   

postman

Heavyweight Champ

postman Avatar

Career:746-420
Chips:
You could always get the B.A.S.. But I would get a speedbag they are a great workout and the best way to build hand speed IMO. You would be suprised how many people are in gyms training with no intentions of fighting. You might want to look into it. Its a ton of fun and the differeance in the workout you can get with a partner is so much more fun. You have no location listed but if you happen to be in Pittsburgh area I would spar with you.

Post #3   3/28/12 8:50:22AM   

Crazy3rdgen

Learning to Sprawl

Chips:
ok good suggestions, sorry about that just joined, I added my location now - Delaware. I might be able to find someone to spar with but most of the guys I know only focus on weight lifting. I'll try to find someone, I agree though sparring would be extremely fun and pretty close training to an actual fight. I used to only weight lift but its so much more fun to incorporate other different workouts, plus imo strictly weight-lifting wont help you too much in a bad situation

Post #4   3/28/12 8:52:32PM   

tcunningham

Combat Sport and Fitness

tcunningham Avatar

Career:508-351
Chips:
more on postman's idea with the B.A.S. system. its a great idea, also you can look into Bas Rutten's workout CD. its an audio CD with several different workouts and you wont need one of his workout stands you'll just need a punching bag. i use these workouts, they are pretty awesome. good luck

Post #5   3/29/12 2:03:47AM   

Crazy3rdgen

Learning to Sprawl

Chips:

Posted by tcunningham

more on postman's idea with the B.A.S. system. its a great idea, also you can look into Bas Rutten's workout CD. its an audio CD with several different workouts and you wont need one of his workout stands you'll just need a punching bag. i use these workouts, they are pretty awesome. good luck

thanks man! Appreciate it

Post #6   4/1/12 10:08:13PM