Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

overeem sentenced community service

Print  
Posted By Message

Manak

Belt Contender

Manak Avatar

Career:164-106
Camp: UFC-PRIDE-MMA
Chips:
http://espn.go.com/mma/story/_/id/7743571/alistair-overeem-sentenced-community-service

Heavyweight mixed martial artist Alistair Overeem was sentenced to 50 hours of community service Tuesday stemming from a Jan. 2 incident in which he allegedly pushed a woman at a Las Vegas nightclub.

Additionally, Overeem must attend anger-management counseling and stay out of trouble for 90 days. Failure to comply could result in a 90-day jail sentence.

Post #1   3/27/12 5:47:31PM   

Chael_Sonnen

Follow.The.Buzzards

Chael_Sonnen Avatar

Career:1,277-785
Chips:
Way to go Uber! Why don't you pick on someone your own size next time.

Translation:
50 hours community service = 50 hours of Uber eating horsemeat while flexing in the mirror.

Post #2   3/27/12 5:58:58PM   

tcunningham

Combat Sport and Fitness

tcunningham Avatar

Career:508-351
Chips:
he better watch himself. shit like this can make a fight lose a job in the ufc. i think it looks really bad because it involves big ass overeem getting in a physical confrontation with a woman. i wasnt there so i cant take a side but as a ufc fighter maybe he needs to think about staying home more often instead of hitting the strip, it would be a shame if he lost his title shot or something over an incident like this.

Post #3   3/27/12 6:06:20PM   

Chael_Sonnen

Follow.The.Buzzards

Chael_Sonnen Avatar

Chips:
How come Undereem gets a slap on the wrist while Falcao gets exiled?

Moot point, 'cuz JDS will cremate Under.

Post #4   3/27/12 6:08:01PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:
iirc that chick was being stupid and drunk and getting in Overeem's face. He moved her aside, pushed or whatever, and now gets this. I think this is stupid but its what our world has come to

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #5   3/27/12 6:25:40PM   

KungFuMaster

Heavyweight Champ

KungFuMaster Avatar

Career:423-342
Camp: The Lone Ranger(s)
Chips:
When there is a confrontation between a man and a woman, it is my experience the woman is usually the one to escalate the situation.

Many women think they can say and do whatever in our society simply because as a society - we have been taught to respect women and treat them like princesses. We have been taught not to hit women. We have been taught to open doors for women. We have been taught to lend women a hand when possible etc. etc.

I don't have the facts but I am almost certain this woman initiated and provoked the incident.

Post #6   3/27/12 6:57:16PM   

warglory

Heavyweight Champ

warglory Avatar

Career:535-344
Chips:

Posted by KungFuMaster

When there is a confrontation between a man and a woman, it is my experience the woman is usually the one to escalate the situation.

Many women think they can say and do whatever in our society simply because as a society - we have been taught to respect women and treat them like princesses. We have been taught not to hit women. We have been taught to open doors for women. We have been taught to lend women a hand when possible etc. etc.

I don't have the facts but I am almost certain this woman initiated and provoked the incident.

I agree KFM, I have seen woman start shit because they know their boyfriends are close by or whatever. Pretty lame.

Post #7   3/27/12 9:12:33PM   

sparky

AV BET Record: 40-9

sparky Avatar

Career:2,788-1,528
Camp: Team Fry Guy
Chips:

Posted by Bubbles

iirc that chick was being stupid and drunk and getting in Overeem's face. He moved her aside, pushed or whatever, and now gets this. I think this is stupid but its what our world has come to

Post #8   3/27/12 9:52:44PM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,543-899
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by warglory

Posted by KungFuMaster

I agree KFM, I have seen woman start shit because they know their boyfriends are close by or whatever. Pretty lame.

Regardless of who started, there's no excuse for this guy laying hands on a woman.

And I think you both know that.

Post #9   3/27/12 11:49:46PM   

landstander

MMA Regular

landstander Avatar

Career:51-32
Chips:
Everybody's come across the obnoxious drunk that just won't get out of your face. If that drunk is a woman then your in a lose lose situation.
Overeem just needs to bring an mma girl from his gym with him when he goes out to take care of the drunken idiots that happen to be women.

Post #10   3/28/12 4:51:05AM   

airkerma

KE Released in MAtter

airkerma Avatar

Career:1,048-608
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

How come Undereem gets a slap on the wrist while Falcao gets exiled?

Moot point, 'cuz JDS will cremate Under.

I still am not clear on the Falcao situation, but if it is in fact very similar, it just goes to show a big draw is all that matters. Typical double standard, as usual. As for your latter statement
Edit: Also, wtf is with this anger management nonsense. This issue shows absolutely no evidence that he has an anger issue (see also: people have emotions, they aren't robots). Is he going to be a changed man after his class? Just make him do more community service, at least someone actually will benefit from it.

Last edited 3/28/12 9:24AM server time by airkerma
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #11   3/28/12 9:20:42AM   

Manak

Belt Contender

Manak Avatar

Career:164-106
Camp: UFC-PRIDE-MMA
Chips:
all the report say it was a shove that cause her to stagger backwards... kinda bs if you ask me, as those were saying women are allowed to get into guys faces with having anything to worry about, it becomes a lose-lose situation for the guy, I'm not saying hitting a women is right, i am completely against it but shit like this is bs, I have heard other reports about this inncident so i was trying in to find the actually report from vegas but couldn't find,

Bill Burr - women are assholes, funny shit
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zr162OZ2Z0w

Post #12   3/28/12 10:19:53AM   

Chael_Sonnen

Follow.The.Buzzards

Chael_Sonnen Avatar

Chips:
With the blatant sexist comments, I can tell who the single guys are on this site

Post #13   3/28/12 12:15:15PM   

KungFuMaster

Heavyweight Champ

KungFuMaster Avatar

Career:423-342
Camp: The Lone Ranger(s)
Chips:

Posted by bjj1605

Posted by warglory

Posted by KungFuMaster

Regardless of who started, there's no excuse for this guy laying hands on a woman.

And I think you both know that.

You wouldn't know because you're not married.

Post #14   3/28/12 12:28:19PM