Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Fox TV UFC Producers Told Joe Rogan To Tone It Down

Print  
  Page 4 of 5     1     2     3     4     5  
Posted By Message

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:
sorry KFM, but you are wrong

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #46   3/25/12 5:51:03PM   

KungFuMaster

Heavyweight Champ

KungFuMaster Avatar

Career:423-342
Camp: The Lone Ranger(s)
Chips:

Posted by Bubbles

That's really going to convince me.

Post #47   3/25/12 7:09:23PM   

KungFuMaster

Heavyweight Champ

KungFuMaster Avatar

Chips:

Posted by bjj1605

I've got to agree with Grappler.

If someone is praising one person and ignoring the other, it might be irritating....but that doesn't mean he's trashing the other person.

Take your example.

Someone praises cowcatcher and only cowcatcher. That might hurt emfleek's feelings. But does that mean you are "trashing" emfleek?

Absolutely not.

If someone praises cowcatcher and only cowcatcher, it does not necessarily mean he or she is trashing emfleek. On the other hand, it does not necessarily mean he or she is not trashing emfleek either.

This argument is pointless because you two are refusing to admit the fact that in certain circumstances, a person can be trashed even if nothing is said about him. I don't have to necessarily say anything bad about a person to offend him.

Let's make this more intimate.

If you and grappler were fighting and I am the commentator and I consistently, and excessively praise grappler throughout the fight, how would you feel? I'm not verbally trashing you but you will definitely think I am a jerk, will you not?

Post #48   3/25/12 7:30:37PM   

Shawn91111

The MMAPlayground's Co-Creator

Shawn91111 Avatar

Career:2,781-1,448
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by KungFuMaster

Posted by bjj1605

If someone is praising one person and ignoring the other, it might be irritating....but that doesn't mean he's trashing the other person.

Take your example.

Someone praises cowcatcher and only cowcatcher. That might hurt emfleek's feelings. But does that mean you are "trashing" emfleek?

Absolutely not.

If someone praises cowcatcher and only cowcatcher, it does not necessarily mean he or she is trashing emfleek. On the other hand, it does not necessarily mean he or she is not trashing emfleek either.

This argument is pointless because you two are refusing to admit the fact that in certain circumstances, a person can be trashed even if nothing is said about him. I don't have to necessarily say anything bad about a person to offend him.

If you and grappler were fighting and I am the commentator and I consistently, and excessively praise grappler throughout the fight, how would you feel? I'm not verbally trashing you but you will definitely think I am a jerk, will you not?

Yes

Post #49   3/25/12 7:37:17PM   

KungFuMaster

Heavyweight Champ

KungFuMaster Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Shawn91111

Posted by KungFuMaster

Posted by bjj1605

Take your example.

Absolutely not.

Yes

Let's make a poll to see who is the bigger jerk.

Post #50   3/25/12 7:54:08PM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,566-910
Chips:

Posted by KungFuMaster

Posted by bjj1605

Take your example.

Absolutely not.

Jerk, yes.

Trashing, no.

Its not one and the same man. You have to see that.

Post #51   3/25/12 7:55:28PM   

KungFuMaster

Heavyweight Champ

KungFuMaster Avatar

Chips:

Posted by bjj1605

Posted by KungFuMaster

Posted by bjj1605

Take your example.

Absolutely not.

Jerk, yes.

Trashing, no.

But would you agree there is a relationship between the two?

Post #52   3/25/12 7:59:47PM   

KungFuMaster

Heavyweight Champ

KungFuMaster Avatar

Chips:

Posted by bjj1605

I never said it was the same.

Post #53   3/25/12 8:01:37PM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Career:1,910-1,061
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Joe is only Human. Everyone in his position is going to have blind spots in their knowledge/performance.

I'll catch myself saying the things Rogan says either right before or right after, all the time. I think he does fine. I feel as though i know a shit ton about this sport(), but i still don't outperform him even without the pressure of a live audience.

Post #54   3/25/12 8:03:59PM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by KungFuMaster

Well this thread has been totally hijacked...

Might as well continue now.

"Relationship" maybe....in that trashing is something negative and ignoring a person can also be negative.

But trashing is a very specific word referring to a very specific action.

I wouldn't agree with anything like what you said in your original post.

It seems to me that you often start with outlandish-way-out-there statements and then back away from them slowly until your position has morphed into something no one could disagree with.

"Relationship" is so far removed from your original "indirect trashing" that I don't see how you can pretend you were arguing the same thing then that you are now.

Post #55   3/25/12 8:06:15PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:

Posted by KungFuMaster

Posted by Bubbles

That's really going to convince me.

why should I have to reiterate what grappler and bjj have already said? they have laid out their arguments and points very soundly and I agree with them. I don't have more to add and I don't like to parrot people either.

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #56   3/25/12 8:07:22PM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by KungFuMaster

Posted by bjj1605

I never said it was the same.

Your original words

"When Rogan is excessively praising one fighter, what is he doing essentially? He is undermining the other fighter. It is not a direct form of trashing but it is or can be a form of indirect trashing."

When you say indirect trashing, you're still saying its trashing.

You also say "essentially." I for one believe in using words carefully.

"Essentially" means "in essence" or "at the most basic level." Its like saying "despite appearances."

Whatever, this is a boring conversation and I think everyone is sick of it.

I know you well enough not expect you to concede.

Post #57   3/25/12 8:12:54PM   

KungFuMaster

Heavyweight Champ

KungFuMaster Avatar

Chips:

Posted by bjj1605

Posted by KungFuMaster

Well this thread has been totally hijacked...

Might as well continue now.

"Relationship" maybe....in that trashing is something negative and ignoring a person can also be negative.

But trashing is a very specific word referring to a very specific action.

I wouldn't agree with anything like what you said in your original post.

It seems to me that you often start with outlandish-way-out-there statements and then back away from them slowly until your position has morphed into something no one could disagree with.

"Relationship" is so far removed from your original "indirect trashing" that I don't see how you can pretend you were arguing the same thing then that you are now.

I am not retracting by any means. My original post was meant to say exactly that..

Do you not think there are levels of trashing? You and grappler are defining the word 'trashing' with absolute meanings and I am trying to convince you there are forms and levels of trashing - severe all the way down to minute....and one way to do so can be done without actually verbalizing it.

Post #58   3/25/12 8:16:48PM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:2,590-1,480
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
This thread got really, really good for awhile, then trailed off.

Post #59   3/26/12 9:55:29AM   

Kpro

I STAB WATERBEDS!

Kpro Avatar

Career:2,573-1,315
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by cowcatcher

This thread got really, really good for awhile

So you are saying that all other threads got really really bad for a while?

Post #60   3/26/12 11:05:05AM   

Page 4 of 5     1     2     3     4     5