Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Fox TV UFC Producers Told Joe Rogan To Tone It Down

Print  
  Page 3 of 5     1     2     3     4     5  
Posted By Message

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,550-903
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by scpd400

Rogan could quit or get fired he would not be missed. He is not an unbiased announcer. I don't like him at all. He should call the fight and not trash the fighter. IMO

Out of curiosity, who do you feel he has trashed?

I was going to ask the same thing.

I don't think I've ever heard him trash a fighter.

Post #31   3/24/12 4:17:38PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:
clearly its Rampage

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #32   3/24/12 6:46:45PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:

Posted by bjj1605
Is it just because you picked Okami, you thought you were on your way to a solid 9 points, and then Boetsch spoiled you plans??

a perfect pick is 11 points

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #33   3/24/12 6:47:28PM   

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Career:2,817-1,549
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by bjj1605

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by scpd400

Rogan could quit or get fired he would not be missed. He is not an unbiased announcer. I don't like him at all. He should call the fight and not trash the fighter. IMO

Out of curiosity, who do you feel he has trashed?

I was going to ask the same thing.

I don't think I've ever heard him trash a fighter.

Yeah, it's one thing to think he is biased, but he is always very complimentary of fighters. I've never heard him trash a fighter, so I'm curious to hear what he has done.

Post #34   3/24/12 7:51:49PM   

KungFuMaster

Heavyweight Champ

KungFuMaster Avatar

Career:423-342
Camp: The Lone Ranger(s)
Chips:
@Grappler and BJJ - I don't know what spcd400 meant when he wrote what he wrote but in his defense, Rogan does undermine a lot of fighters.

When Rogan is excessively praising one fighter, what is he doing essentially? He is undermining the other fighter. It is not a direct form of trashing but it is or can be a form of indirect trashing. All the while, Goldberg is reading between the lines and knows Rogan is nuthugging too much which is why Goldberg steps in on many occasions to say this, " But as you and I know, Joe, anything can happen in a fight." Immediately following Goldberg's comment, there always seem to be a pause or a sense of reality check on Rogan's part.

Which brings me to my last point - And that is why Rogan and Goldberg are, IMO, the best commentating team. Rogan is the mad man who thinks he knows everything and steers wildly but his partner in crime is always there to steer them back on track.....and then it starts all over again.

Post #35   3/24/12 10:37:08PM   

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by KungFuMaster

@Grappler and BJJ - I don't know what spcd400 meant when he wrote what he wrote but in his defense, Rogan does undermine a lot of fighters.

When Rogan is excessively praising one fighter, what is he doing essentially? He is undermining the other fighter. It is not a direct form of trashing but it is or can be a form of indirect trashing. All the while, Goldberg is reading between the lines and knows Rogan is nuthugging too much which is why Goldberg steps in on many occasions to say this, " But as you and I know, Joe, anything can happen in a fight." Immediately following Goldberg's comment, there always seem to be a pause or a sense of reality check on Rogan's part.

Which brings me to my last point - And that is why Rogan and Goldberg are, IMO, the best commentating team. Rogan is the mad man who thinks he knows everything and steers wildly but his partner in crime is always there to steer them back on track.....and then it starts all over again.

You lost me at being biased is essentially the same as trashing. I won't argue about bias, because that is something that is human nature, but also something that is obviously a bit subjective. There is no fine line between that and trashing though. I'd be interested to hear what someone has considered trashing by Joe. I mean, without changing the meaning of the word, I just don't see it. As always though, I am open to someone giving examples. But to say that those two are equal would also imply that all commentators trash fighters. And I don't agree with that whatsoever.

On a sidenote, I think you are giving Goldy way too much credit.

Post #36   3/24/12 11:50:36PM   

KungFuMaster

Heavyweight Champ

KungFuMaster Avatar

Chips:

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by KungFuMaster

You lost me at being biased is essentially the same as trashing. I won't argue about bias, because that is something that is human nature, but also something that is obviously a bit subjective. There is no fine line between that and trashing though. I'd be interested to hear what someone has considered trashing by Joe. I mean, without changing the meaning of the word, I just don't see it. As always though, I am open to someone giving examples. But to say that those two are equal would also imply that all commentators trash fighters. And I don't agree with that whatsoever.

On a sidenote, I think you are giving Goldy way too much credit.

I didn't say being biased is the same as trashing. I said and I quote, " When Rogan is excessively praising one fighter, he is essentially undermining the other fighter."

Post #37   3/25/12 1:22:17AM   

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by KungFuMaster

I didn't say being biased is the same as trashing. I said and I quote, " When Rogan is excessively praising one fighter, he is essentially undermining the other fighter."

Which you went on to say and I quote, "is or can be a form of indirect trashing".

Post #38   3/25/12 1:43:57AM   

KungFuMaster

Heavyweight Champ

KungFuMaster Avatar

Chips:

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by KungFuMaster

Which you went on to say and I quote, "is or can be a form of indirect trashing".

Yes, I did say that - but never saying they were the same.

Let us assume you have been moderating this site for years now. If we were to talk about all the moderators of this site and I keep hugging cowcatcher's nuts without saying anything else about any of the other moderators, how would that make you feel?

Post #39   3/25/12 1:17:02PM   

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by KungFuMaster

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by KungFuMaster

Actually, that is what was said.

You said that by Rogan praising one fighter, he is undermining the other. And then said that by undermining the one fighter, it is or can be a form of trashing. Therefore there's a transitive relation between being biased and trashing fighters...according to you. This isn't rocket surgery, my friend. It's logic 101.

Post #40   3/25/12 2:31:32PM   

KungFuMaster

Heavyweight Champ

KungFuMaster Avatar

Chips:

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by KungFuMaster

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by KungFuMaster

Actually, that is what was said.

You said that by Rogan praising one fighter, he is undermining the other. And then said that by undermining the one fighter, it is or can be a form of trashing. Therefore there's a transitive relation between being biased and trashing fighters...according to you. This isn't rocket surgery, my friend. It's logic 101.

Yes, there is definitely a relationship between being biased and trashing which I tried to convey to you. So what's the problem here? Are you not agreeing that being biased can translate to trashing?

In the scenario about the moderators, if I excessively praise cowcatcher and if I was the only one allowed to comment about the moderators, the rest of you would, at the very least, feel I do not like you. Am I right?

KungFuMaster - 2

Grappler - 0

Post #41   3/25/12 2:59:01PM   

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by KungFuMaster

Yes, there is definitely a relationship between being biased and trashing which I tried to convey to you. So what's the problem here? Are you not agreeing that being biased can translate to trashing?

In the scenario about the moderators, if I excessively praise cowcatcher and if I was the only one allowed to comment about the moderators, the rest of you would, at the very least, feel I do not like you. Am I right?

Without changing the definition of 'trashing', no. Trashing is most certainly not the same as not complementing. Are you kidding me? I praise the PG all the time and say it's the best MMA website on the net. So, by your reasoning, I have trashed every other MMA website out there. If that makes sense to you, there's no point in me continuing the conversation.

Post #42   3/25/12 3:25:27PM   

KungFuMaster

Heavyweight Champ

KungFuMaster Avatar

Chips:
Praising one entity does not always translate to insulting the others. If that makes sense to you, then we can conclude our discussion.

Post #43   3/25/12 3:35:50PM   

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by KungFuMaster

Praising one entity does not always translate to insulting the others. If that makes sense to you, then we can conclude our discussion.

I agree with the above statement. An insult can be implied/inferred though. Trashing cannot. That's the key difference.

Post #44   3/25/12 4:05:56PM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,550-903
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
I've got to agree with Grappler.

If someone is praising one person and ignoring the other, it might be irritating....but that doesn't mean he's trashing the other person.

Take your example.

Someone praises cowcatcher and only cowcatcher. That might hurt emfleek's feelings. But does that mean you are "trashing" emfleek?

Absolutely not.

Post #45   3/25/12 4:39:30PM   

Page 3 of 5     1     2     3     4     5