Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Brian Ebersole vs. T.J. Waldburger Latest Addition to UFC on FX 4 Card

Print  
Posted By Message

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:1,916-1,148
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
In a day full of matchmaking, one more fight for the UFC on FX 4 card couldn’t hurt right?

American-turned-Australian Brian Ebersole will make his return to action on the June 22 card to face recent submission machine T.J. Waldburger.

UFC officials announced the new match-up late Wednesday evening.

Link

#2 UFC 112 Points
#9 FFC3/AFC/NEFFN/VCS/Pancrase Combo Wagers
#12 TUF 8 FINALE Points #12 Bellator 91 / Legacy FC / CCCW Combo Points #12 M-1/FA8/CFA/GC/IGF Wagers #14 UFC 143 Diaz vs Condit Points

Post #1   3/23/12 1:47:10AM   

jjeans

Emma Watson Picture Incoming

jjeans Avatar

Career:1,099-661
Chips:
IMO Ebersoles getting screwed over here, he's riding a 10 fight winning streak, a UFC Record of 3-0

In his debut he beat down Chris Lytle as a 900+ underdog when Chris was a fringe top 15, he then finishes Hallman and we know we all love finishes, and he did Dana a favour by stopping a man in pants get another 10 minutes of airtime

He is involved in a very very close fight with an incredibly tough kid and a potential big prospect

And now he fights T.J Waldburger, a man Who's only really in this high calibre of a fight because of a nasty submission... Why not Sanchez/Shields or even Akiyama? Why not a named opponent? If you want to build him up then fair enough but against Waldburger? Why not Rick Story....

Thiago Silva nuthugger.

Admin of MMA Memes of Facebook. A Roundtable Analyst on The MMA Podcast. Journalist for MMA Mental.

Dirty Blue #DoItForWatson

Post #2   3/23/12 5:41:45AM   

Bythar

MMA Regular

Bythar Avatar

Career:1,690-896
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by jjeans

IMO Ebersoles getting screwed over here, he's riding a 10 fight winning streak, a UFC Record of 3-0

Agree completely.

Post #3   3/23/12 7:27:31AM   

Malaussie

MMA Regular

Malaussie Avatar

Career:571-397
Chips:
Did not expect this. I'm a huge Ebersole fan. Got to meet him at the UFC on FX 2 card. Took a photo with him and asked how he was and he said he really needed a coffee haha. I told him i remember watching his fight with Hector Lombard in Sydney and all he said was " That guy is a beast isn't he?" He also let my friend take a photo choking him out. He's a really easy going nice guy which made me that much more of a fan. I hope he walks through Waldburger and gets a top 10 next.

Post #4   3/23/12 10:23:35AM   

Budgellism

Raptors Fan

Budgellism Avatar

Career:2,673-1,533
Chips:
Personally, I'm fine with this match up. Ebersole is a much more established fighter but I was there live for his last fight and I personally scored it for Patrick. Then I went home and watched the fight with commentary and still scored it for Patrick.

Waldburger is 3-1 in the UFC and although his opponents haven't been as difficult as Ebersole's, he's still been pretty damn impressive. His biggest strength has also been Ebersole's biggest weakness throughout his career.

This one should be a fun fight.

Post #5   3/23/12 12:56:10PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:
I don't get it either. I hope he runs through Waldburger and gets a much better opponent next.

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #6   3/23/12 1:08:01PM   

Geoffo

Standup Guy

Geoffo Avatar

Career:176-119
Chips:

Posted by Bubbles

I don't get it either. I hope he runs through Waldburger and gets a much better opponent next.

Agree 100%

I'm going with Ebersole with this one, easily.

Post #7   3/23/12 2:26:40PM   

shaneTpain

Av Bet Record: 33-43

shaneTpain Avatar

Career:1,323-856
Chips:
TJ deserves this huge step up. He has been tapping out dudes with the slickest submissions since he showed up. Ebersole looked like crap in his last bout and if he shows up to this bout looking the same he'll be tapping too

Post #8   3/23/12 5:55:11PM