Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Fight Path: With help from ESPN and Edgar, Bellator 62's Rad Martinez getting noticed

Print  
Posted By Message

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:2,037-1,201
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Physically, Rad Martinez's father is doing well.

He may still be in a vegetative state – the one that has engulfed his life since a 1991 car accident – but after doctor check-ups, Martinez hears the same joke. As a caregiver who also happens to be an MMA fighter and splits his time between the duties, Martinez doesn't get tired of them.

"They say, 'Your dad is healthier than you are,'" Martinez told MMAjunkie.com.

Martinez gives plenty of attention to keep his father that way. And when he gets to spend time on his own career, that works out pretty well, too.

With newfound fame following an ESPN "Outside the Lines" piece on him and his father that aired this past summer, Martinez (11-2 MMA, 1-0 BFC) will take on Douglas Frey (10-7 MMA, 0-0 BFC) in a featherweight fight at Bellator 62 on Friday in Laredo, Texas. The West Jordan, Utah resident hopes that it's the next step to entering a Bellator tournament and growing as a fighter, even if he started his career later than some.

Link

Post #1   3/23/12 1:33:54AM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:2,037-1,201
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Below is the link to the thread about Rad getting signed by Bellator. It waa the very first post i ever made on the playground. I had just watched the Outside the Lines story on him and his father and it was still fresh in my mind. This guy has given up so much just so his dad is comfortable everyday. I can't explain how much i admire this dude.

Rad Martinez Signs with Bellator, continues inspirational journey

Post #2   3/23/12 1:40:17AM