Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Following surprise fight booking, Rich Franklin hoping for UFC Cinderella story

Print  
Posted By Message

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:2,016-1,193
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Rich Franklin had wowed doctors with the speed of his recovery from shoulder surgery and recently returned to near-full speed training in the gym.

All the while, he kept the UFC updated on his progress and talked about a return to the cage. But even he was surprised at the speed with which he went from disabled to active after his doctor cleared him this past Friday.

"I'm sitting there, my phone goes off on Sunday night and I found out via Twitter that my fight was signed," Franklin (28-6 MMA, 13-5 UFC) today told MMAjunkie.com Radio.

The fight, in this case, is a middleweight bout against Cung Le (7-2 MMA, 0-1 UFC) at UFC 148, which takes place July 7 at MGM Grand Garden Arena and airs live on pay-per-view. (Preliminary-card fights air on FX.)

Link

Post #1   3/23/12 1:29:44AM   

KungFuMaster

Heavyweight Champ

KungFuMaster Avatar

Career:423-342
Camp: The Lone Ranger(s)
Chips:
Go get em, Ace. Show these ungrateful fans you are still the man.

Post #2   3/23/12 1:36:36AM   

tcunningham

Combat Sport and Fitness

tcunningham Avatar

Career:508-351
Chips:

Posted by KungFuMaster

Go get em, Ace. Show these ungrateful fans you are still the man.

i think this is a good fight for both Le and ace. rich isnt as reckless as wandy so i dont think le will be able to tee off on him with those kicks. i think le will be 0-2 in the ufc after this

Last edited 3/23/12 1:37PM server time by tcunningham
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #3   3/23/12 1:36:55PM