Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Bisping's good, but Silva would outclass him - Hendo

Print  
Posted By Message

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:2,146-1,245
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Dan Henderson believes Michael Bisping deserves a future shot at the UFC middleweight title, but he warned that the Brit will be in big trouble if he does ever face champion Anderson Silva.

Bisping was named to fight Tim Boetsch on Monday, in a bout that will take place at UFC 148. With Silva set to face Chael Sonnen this summer, victory for Bisping may be enough to secure him the next shot at the belt.

Henderson knows the Briton well from their time as rival coaches on The Ultimate Fighter, which culminated in Hendo delivering one of the all-time great knockouts.

Link

Post #1   3/22/12 3:15:24AM   

tcunningham

Combat Sport and Fitness

tcunningham Avatar

Career:540-380
Chips:
bisping has a better chance of taking the belt from chael if he wins it.

Post #2   3/22/12 3:33:01AM   

Chael_Sonnen

Follow.The.Buzzards

Chael_Sonnen Avatar

Career:1,277-785
Chips:

Posted by tcunningham

Only in a video game.

Post #3   3/22/12 12:04:09PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,153-681
Chips:
no shit, but I guarantee he will fare better than the feared striker Vitor Belfort

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #4   3/22/12 12:31:35PM   

warglory

Heavyweight Champ

warglory Avatar

Career:535-344
Chips:

Posted by Bubbles

no shit, but I guarantee he will fare better than the feared striker Vitor Belfort

I don't think you can really make that determination, considering Vitor wasn't exactly outclassed, he was caught.

Last edited 3/22/12 1:45PM server time by warglory
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #5   3/22/12 1:44:51PM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:2,146-1,245
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by Bubbles

only cuz he will counter strike the whole time and back pedal

Post #6   3/22/12 2:17:03PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Chips:

Posted by warglory
I don't think you can really make that determination, considering Vitor wasn't exactly outclassed, he was caught.

for someone who is known for his offensive attack, he only threw like 3 leg kicks and a couple punches in 4 minutes. Bisping isn't going to get KO'd in the first round and will land more punches than the total strikes thrown by Vitor. No knock on Vitor, he didn't fight like himself and paid for it

Posted by prophecy033
only cuz he will counter strike the whole time and back pedal

well it doesn't take a genius to know not to stand right infront of the best striker in the divison, arguably in the UFC. Belfort didn't use a whole lot of movement and SIlva timed it perfectly. Bisping will bring a far different striking style than anyone Silva has fought over the last 6 years, and probably the best style to handle Silva (still wont work but will be more effective)

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #7   3/22/12 2:38:26PM   

warglory

Heavyweight Champ

warglory Avatar

Career:535-344
Chips:

Posted by Bubbles
\\
for someone who is known for his offensive attack, he only threw like 3 leg kicks and a couple punches in 4 minutes. Bisping isn't going to get KO'd in the first round and will land more punches than the total strikes thrown by Vitor. No knock on Vitor, he didn't fight like himself and paid for it

So you're saying Bisping is a superior striker to Belfort? And how can you say that Bisping won't get KO'ed in the first? If you re-watch the fight, Silva wasn't exactly throwing haymakers at Belfort either, it's called respect. Silva knew what Belfort was capable of, and Belfort is capable of FAR more than Bisping is.

well it doesn't take a genius to know not to stand right infront of the best striker in the divison, arguably in the UFC. Belfort didn't use a whole lot of movement and SIlva timed it perfectly. Bisping will bring a far different striking style than anyone Silva has fought over the last 6 years, and probably the best style to handle Silva (still wont work but will be more effective)

Weren't you one of the guys criticizing Condit's strategy of not standing in front of a great striker?

Last edited 3/25/12 12:23AM server time by warglory

Post #8   3/25/12 12:22:04AM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Chips:

So you're saying Bisping is a superior striker to Belfort? And how can you say that Bisping won't get KO'ed in the first? If you re-watch the fight, Silva wasn't exactly throwing haymakers at Belfort either, it's called respect. Silva knew what Belfort was capable of, and Belfort is capable of FAR more than Bisping is.

superior? No that's foolish. I can comfortably say that because of the way Bisping moves around trying to set up his combinations. Obviously anything can happen, like Silva catching Bisping coming in, but the striking style Bisping has coupled with the fact that Silva is a slow starter (doesn't start to turn it on until 4 min into round 1 as he calculates everything during this time) I'm confident in saying Bisping will last at least 1 round. Is that really so far out of reality?

Belfort's striking style is very aggressive and usually finishes his opponents in the first round. He changed his style in that fight and imo that wasn't a smart gameplan. You don't want Silva to get comfortable and find his range and timing, and with the speed and power Belfort has, he should have used it to his advantage

Weren't you one of the guys criticizing Condit's strategy of not standing in front of a great striker?

there is a difference between standing infront of someone, using angles and bouncing side-to-side and in-and-out, and throwing a leg kick then turning your back and running away

Last edited 3/25/12 5:43PM server time by bubbles

Post #9   3/25/12 5:42:23PM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Career:1,959-1,091
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Posted by tcunningham

Only in a video game.

Post #10   3/25/12 8:06:05PM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Career:1,959-1,091
Chips:
Belfort is a counter-puncher. It took him 2 minutes to throw a single punch against Franklin.

How is a low out-put from Belfort out of character?

Post #11   3/25/12 8:07:30PM   

Boo_Radley21

Heavyweight Champ

Boo_Radley21 Avatar

Career:605-425
Chips:
I love how this has turned to whos a better striker vitor or bisping. put em in the ring together i know which one of them will end up sleeping. bisping can move great and is technically sound but guys like belfort and silva are on another level. he doesnt make it the distance against either.

Post #12   3/26/12 3:43:44PM   

lohmann

A Black Belt in Jiu-Jitsu

lohmann Avatar

Career:1,724-936
Chips:
How is this even news?

This just in: Dan Henderson states the obvious.

Post #13   3/26/12 3:47:10PM