Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Video Game Thread

Print  
  Page 2 of 16     1     2     3     4     5   >>
Posted By Message

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:2,062-1,210
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by DrivenDavies15

The only game I play pretty much is UFC 3 for xbox. I'm really into AC series though and played all the games. Also just borrowed saints row 3 from a friend so i'll see how that is! I got bored of COD after mw2 and I played a bunch of Halo 3 back in the day. Any new games coming out or already out you guys would reccomend? Trying to find a game to get into play xbox again

try Mass Effect Series, its fucking amazing

Post #16   3/20/12 6:27:22PM   

Aether

Heavyweight Champ

Aether Avatar

Career:946-505
Chips:
I just played "Braid" and it's one of the best games I've ever played. Everyone should play it.

Post #17   3/20/12 6:40:35PM   

pmoney

P$ Pimpin'

pmoney Avatar

Career:1,557-943
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Yesterday, Mrs. Money turned to me and said she wanted a video game console. I shit and pissed myself with joy. Now we are just debating if we get a 360, PS3, or wait.... (Any suggestions? I know both have been out for at least 5-6 years....)

To celebrate this renewed interest in video games, I dug up my SNES and games. We got down on some Q*Bert 3, NBA Jam: TE, and MK II. What a magical time it was! We even went and saw Star Wars: Episode 1 in 3D afterwards! It was quite possibly the best day off ever.

Post #18   3/20/12 7:22:34PM   

BuffaloDave

Heavyweight Champ

BuffaloDave Avatar

Career:917-519
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
I'm also a fan of Borderlands. Only thing I didn't like was the end boss.

Post #19   3/20/12 7:29:54PM   

ChrisSabal

Go Cubs Go!

ChrisSabal Avatar

Career:807-565
Camp: TKO
Chips:

Posted by pmoney

Yesterday, Mrs. Money turned to me and said she wanted a video game console. I shit and pissed myself with joy. Now we are just debating if we get a 360, PS3, or wait.... (Any suggestions? I know both have been out for at least 5-6 years....)

To celebrate this renewed interest in video games, I dug up my SNES and games. We got down on some Q*Bert 3, NBA Jam: TE, and MK II. What a magical time it was! We even went and saw Star Wars: Episode 1 in 3D afterwards! It was quite possibly the best day off ever.

I'd go PS3. Rumors have it a new xbox is coming out soon, as early as next year, so if you got a 360 it'd only be good for another year and then they will slowly stop making games for the 360 or quality games at least. Plus, PS3 is not as cheap as XBOX. I have both and I noticed how much better the PS3 is when I bought it.

Post #20   3/20/12 7:46:28PM   

pmoney

P$ Pimpin'

pmoney Avatar

Chips:

Posted by ChrisSabal

I'd go PS3. Rumors have it a new xbox is coming out soon, as early as next year, so if you got a 360 it'd only be good for another year and then they will slowly stop making games for the 360 or quality games at least. Plus, PS3 is not as cheap as XBOX. I have both and I noticed how much better the PS3 is when I bought it.

I was kinda thinking PS3 as well. 360 is an older console, older technology... And as much as I love Xbox Live, fuck having to pay for that shit. PS3 has the HDD, Blu-Ray, 3D.... Any word on the estimated shelf life for the PS3?

Post #21   3/20/12 7:56:55PM   

ChrisSabal

Go Cubs Go!

ChrisSabal Avatar

Chips:

Posted by pmoney

Posted by ChrisSabal

I was kinda thinking PS3 as well. 360 is an older console, older technology... And as much as I love Xbox Live, fuck having to pay for that shit. PS3 has the HDD, Blu-Ray, 3D.... Any word on the estimated shelf life for the PS3?

Sony isn't talking about a new PS4 if that is what you are wondering and there has been rumors but not as many as their has been XBOX rumors. If Sony was smart they'd wait to see how Microsoft and the Wii U screw up and capitalize on those mistakes kind of what they did with the PS3(free internet, blue ray). Also, I haven't heard of a new PS3 breaking and I know my xbox broke 7 times.....not kidding.

Post #22   3/20/12 8:12:56PM   

papercut

Hulk Status

papercut Avatar

Career:1,290-1,016
Chips:

Posted by pmoney

Posted by ChrisSabal

the PS3 does offer more accessories but if I had to make the choice again I'd still go with xbox. I pay for my online play and I'm glad I do. Xbox live never goes down or gets hacked. it also lags WAY less than PS3 while playing online.

Post #23   3/20/12 8:28:50PM   

postman

Heavyweight Champ

postman Avatar

Career:746-420
Chips:

Posted by papercut

Posted by pmoney

Posted by ChrisSabal

the PS3 does offer more accessories but if I had to make the choice again I'd still go with xbox. I pay for my online play and I'm glad I do. Xbox live never goes down or gets hacked. it also lags WAY less than PS3 while playing online.

I play both Ps3 and xboxlive and see no differance in lag.

Post #24   3/20/12 8:49:08PM   

BlueSkiesBurn

USCFootball.com

BlueSkiesBurn Avatar

Career:534-389
Chips:

Posted by pmoney

Posted by ChrisSabal

Our household has both and the PS3 is used the most. It's got more multi-player friendly games, the Blu-Ray player, and the PS had better "fun" games than the XBOX.

Plus, I can whip your ass if you add me online.

USERNAME: FightOnTwist

Post #25   3/20/12 9:09:19PM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Career:1,910-1,061
Chips:
PS2 -
Yu-gi-oh Duelists of the Roses(Laugh all you want, i got the heart of the cards
&
Tekken 5.

All i'll ever need.

Post #26   3/20/12 9:53:08PM   

Aether

Heavyweight Champ

Aether Avatar

Career:946-505
Chips:
BRAID!!!

Get this game. One of the best games I've ever played in my life. It's amazing.

Post #27   3/21/12 4:43:41AM   

pmoney

P$ Pimpin'

pmoney Avatar

Chips:

Posted by ChrisSabal

Sony isn't talking about a new PS4 if that is what you are wondering and there has been rumors but not as many as their has been XBOX rumors. If Sony was smart they'd wait to see how Microsoft and the Wii U screw up and capitalize on those mistakes kind of what they did with the PS3(free internet, blue ray). Also, I haven't heard of a new PS3 breaking and I know my xbox broke 7 times.....not kidding.

Thanks for the info. I was thinking that's how things might pan out. Regarding breaking, probably every person I have ever met who has a 360 has gotten the red ring of death. I know of friends who got the RROD after Microsoft sent them all new systems! Conversely, I don't remember many PS3 owners having breakage issues. I did have one friend who I believe had some laser issues, but he said it was a relatively inexpensive fix he was able to do himself. This was probably 6-8 months ago, and he bought his PS3 right at the launch.

Posted by postman

Posted by papercut

I play both Ps3 and xboxlive and see no differance in lag.

I too have never noticed a perceptible difference in lag between the two consoles. But then, I haven't played the same game from the same location on both 360 and PS3.... The PSN having been hacked was/is a concern of mine... But I think the odds of them being hacked again would be small. I could be very wrong though.

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Our household has both and the PS3 is used the most. It's got more multi-player friendly games, the Blu-Ray player, and the PS had better "fun" games than the XBOX.

Plus, I can whip your ass if you add me online.

USERNAME: FightOnTwist

It seems like more people have PS3's these days. That's another factor. 3-4 years ago, it seemed like most people were on the 360. Now PS3 seems to be where everyone's flocking. The Blu-Ray, Netflix, etc. are all good bonuses too.

When I get a console, it's on man! I will own the hell out of some folks in UFC. Random characters. That's how a boss do!

THPS was really my specialty though! I never met a person alive who could beat me. I was getting 20+ million point combos in THPS3. It's weird though, once a new THPS came out, I couldn't play the old ones. When THPS2 came out, I couldn't play THPS1 because I would try to manual. When 3 came out, I couldn't play 2 because I would try to revert, and so on and so forth. I think the last itteration I owned was American Wasteland....

Last edited 3/21/12 8:14AM server time by pmoney
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #28   3/21/12 8:11:52AM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:
I own a 360 and have played the PS3 many times at my buddys place but I still say 360 is better. I pretty much only play online and I love Xbox's online gameplay. Never lags (even when I'm downloading torrents) unless the guy I'm playing against has dial up or something old. $60 for a year of Xbox Live is next to nothing...$5 a month is what it works out to, which is next to nothing. I havent used all of its features but I'm pretty sure Netflix is accessible from the 360 too.

The only problem I had with my console was that the laser reader started to go after about 3 years, but neither me, my old housemates or my brother took the greatest care of it...we just let it sit and collect dust lol. Plus transferring it between my parents house (where my bro lived) to my place (when I lived away from home) many times probably didnt help either. In December, I traded that console in for $100 off a brand new console Never got a RROD scare.

The only reason I would consider a PS3 is to play MLB The Show, but I'm not going to buy a system for one game.

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #29   3/21/12 11:46:25AM   

ChrisSabal

Go Cubs Go!

ChrisSabal Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Bubbles

I own a 360 and have played the PS3 many times at my buddys place but I still say 360 is better. I pretty much only play online and I love Xbox's online gameplay. Never lags (even when I'm downloading torrents) unless the guy I'm playing against has dial up or something old. $60 for a year of Xbox Live is next to nothing...$5 a month is what it works out to, which is next to nothing. I havent used all of its features but I'm pretty sure Netflix is accessible from the 360 too.

The only problem I had with my console was that the laser reader started to go after about 3 years, but neither me, my old housemates or my brother took the greatest care of it...we just let it sit and collect dust lol. Plus transferring it between my parents house (where my bro lived) to my place (when I lived away from home) many times probably didnt help either. In December, I traded that console in for $100 off a brand new console Never got a RROD scare.

The only reason I would consider a PS3 is to play MLB The Show, but I'm not going to buy a system for one game.

I bought the PS3 because of The Show and that I wanted a console when I went off to college. Netflix and other features are only accessible with the 360 if you are a gold member.

Post #30   3/21/12 1:13:01PM   

Page 2 of 16     1     2     3     4     5   >>