Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

UFC 146!!!

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

ImagineThat

Learning to Sprawl

Career:-
Chips:
so cool that they made a card thats all heavyweights, my favorite weight class by far, this is the best card in ufc history to me and i cant wait!! every hw fight is awesome and i just love it, also alot of good undercard fights that really should be on the main card like barboza vs dunham and the mayhem miller fight as well as the diego fight and the dan hardy fight, just wanted to get your guys picks on the main card and such.

My Picks

Struve over Hunt by 2nd round submission

i think struve will have a hard time getting hunt down and might get ktfo if he cant but i think he will manage to get him down in the 2nd and sub him out

Del Rosario over Gonzaga by unanimous decision

both are great fighters but i think SDR in hungrier and a little better at this time, i think he will win a decision from landing more and doing more damage.

Bigfoot Silva over Roy Nelson by unanimous decision

this is the first time i ever picked against nelson in a fight but i think he is gonna be much weaker because of this 205 deal hes been going on about so he will probley come in smaller and i dont think he has the tools to damage silva, bigfoot is stronger and is just a bad match up for roy.

Velasquez over Mir by 3nd round tko

mir is on a 3 fight win streak and looks great but i think this fight will be much like lesnar vs mir 2 with cain playing lesnar, hes not as strong as brock and mir will probley outweigh him in this fight, but i think cain will soften him up in the 1st 2 rounds and get a easy tko ground and pound win in the 3rd

Dos Santos over Overeem by 1st round KO

great fight with the 2 hardest hitting best strikers alive, no matter who wins it should be a 1st round ko/tko i had a dream where overeem actually took jds down and knocked him out on the ground but then i had a dream that jds knocked overeem out right when the bell rung with a right straight, in reality i think jds has a better chin then overeem and quicker and harder punches, gonna be a epic fight but i say JDS is gonna knock Overeem out cold with a right hook while countering a overeem kick.

thanks for reading and please let me know what you think and write down who you think will win as well. :)

Last edited 3/14/12 11:20PM server time by imaginethat
Edit note/reason: n/a
2 total post edits

Post #1   3/14/12 11:17:00PM   

infestructure

NOW KITH

infestructure Avatar

Career:734-445
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Hunt will KO Struve

Gonzaga has looked horrible since he got back, so i'm going for SDR too

Bigfoot will beat Nelson, but it will probably go the distance

Velazquez will be all over Mir like a bad rash

and JDS will beat Reem, punchers beat kickers when they are both creme de la creme IMO

Post #2   3/14/12 11:25:16PM   

FastKnockout

TRICK 'R TREAT

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,856-1,025
Chips:
I'm excited but the heavyweight division is my least favorite. If they do something like this with lightweights in the future (which I hope they will) then my head would explode.

Post #3   3/14/12 11:59:16PM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:2,062-1,210
Chips:

Posted by FastKnockout

I'm excited but the heavyweight division is my least favorite. If they do something like this with lightweights in the future (which I hope they will) then my head would explode.

Ive always been a fan of the Light Heavies, probably cuz my first UFC dvd was a combo pack with Couture/Liddell 1 and Couture/Ortiz. Those Randy fights are what got me hooked

Post #4   3/15/12 12:05:11AM   

jae_1833

TTTHS

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:2,687-1,701
Chips:
Not even close to my favorite class....however I do think this card validates Dana's opinion on Big Timmay. Most of these guys I would pick over him, I think Struve would be his best match up.....that or Schuab.

Post #5   3/15/12 12:23:38AM   

Cooler

Banned for Cheating

Cooler Avatar

Career:886-472
Camp: The Evolutionaries
Chips:
Hunt is in the mix - Dana White

Post #6   3/15/12 12:29:55AM   

BlueSkiesBurn

USCFootball.com

BlueSkiesBurn Avatar

Career:534-389
Chips:

Posted by Cooler

Girls say something similar when they tell guys that they are "really sweet and a good man"

Post #7   3/15/12 1:44:11AM   

Cooler

Banned for Cheating

Cooler Avatar

Career:886-472
Camp: The Evolutionaries
Chips:

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Posted by Cooler

Girls say something similar when they tell guys that they are "really sweet and a good man"

Humble pie has a way of making a man change his mind.

If he was ready to buy Hunt off to not fight imagine what he would say about Fedor if he won just one UFC fight...

Post #8   3/15/12 6:23:46AM   

State_Champ

MMA Sensei

State_Champ Avatar

Career:1,492-882
Camp: The Evil Empire
Chips:
Heavyweight is probably my least favorite class, but I'm still pumped for this card!

WAR HUNT!

Post #9   3/15/12 5:14:56PM   

ImagineThat

Learning to Sprawl

Career:-
Chips:
Im shocked that you most you guys say the heavyweight division is your least favorite. Heavyweight fighters do more damage then any other class, each weight class you go down the more likely the fight will end in a descion. Heavyweights have the most power and are easily the most fun and exciting to watch. Plus the fact that heavyweights are the toughest fighters seeing they would kick the shit out of fighters in the other classes. I like watching the best fighters on the planet and obviously they are since they would beat up the guys in the weight classes below them. They may not be as talented and well rounded as fighters in other classes but the best fighter is the one that would beat up the other ones and that makes heavyweight the best fighters and that's why their my favorite.

Post #10   3/16/12 1:17:42AM   

ncordless

MODulation

ncordless Avatar

Career:1,916-1,093
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by ImagineThat

Im shocked that you most you guys say the heavyweight division is your least favorite. Heavyweight fighters do more damage then any other class, each weight class you go down the more likely the fight will end in a descion. Heavyweights have the most power and are easily the most fun and exciting to watch. Plus the fact that heavyweights are the toughest fighters seeing they would kick the shit out of fighters in the other classes. I like watching the best fighters on the planet and obviously they are since they would beat up the guys in the weight classes below them. They may not be as talented and well rounded as fighters in other classes but the best fighter is the one that would beat up the other ones and that makes heavyweight the best fighters and that's why their my favorite.

Fair enough. Different strokes for different folks. I like seeing high level skills without the gassing, but different strokes for different folks. You are definitely right that HWs are the most likely to end in KO.

Post #11   3/16/12 1:39:15AM   

theman209

MMA Regular

theman209 Avatar

Career:426-254
Chips:
Really can't see Struve losing to Hunt. Just can't buy Hunt as a legit contender, three-fight win streak or not. Struve's time to ascend has arrived, just as long as he isn't as silly as Kongo was, standing and trading shots with Hunt on the inside..(or trying to at least)

Post #12   3/16/12 10:57:38AM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,530-1,341
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Very sweet card. Can't wait to go

Post #13   3/16/12 12:04:49PM   

infestructure

NOW KITH

infestructure Avatar

Career:734-445
Chips:
Do you reckon the lack of technically skilled HWs is due to large physically fit people being rare in everyday life, therefore rare in MMA? Or more because the big fast people all get snapped up by the sports that pay bigger?

Post #14   3/16/12 9:34:23PM   

theman209

MMA Regular

theman209 Avatar

Career:426-254
Chips:

Posted by infestructure

Do you reckon the lack of technically skilled HWs is due to large physically fit people being rare in everyday life, therefore rare in MMA? Or more because the big fast people all get snapped up by the sports that pay bigger?

Probably some combination of both. Athletic big men are a rare breed and even the ones out there are probably more likely to do other sports besides MMA but I sense that with the continued growth of the sport, that may start to change in the next decade or so. We've already seen the evolution of MMA fighters from the more one-dimensional ones of the sport's earlier days to the new breed ones we have now, mostly in the lower weight classes but that should soon start to apply to the higher weight divisions as well..

Last edited 3/17/12 7:55AM server time by theman209
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #15   3/17/12 7:52:33AM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2